Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    and what happens if that same woman in a drunken stupor, engages the man? She is therefore doing something... to someone else.

If you can't see the double standard there is no need for discussion.

I'm not advocating date rape... but you have to see there is a problem with the way these laws are being formed.

What constitutes drunk? 1 beer? 2 beers? Should we carry around a breathalyzer and a written consent form?
    Then it needs to be ingrained into society that women should not be taken advantage of even when they are setting up false flags while drunk. At the moment, the opposite is the case, especially in social settings that promote promiscuous behaviour. It's not a double standard because at the moment, there is no standard. Despite whether they really wanted it or not, a drunk woman asking for sex and leading to sex is the current social norm. There is no call for social responsibility the way we have to prevent drinking and driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Based on this description of Soju:

Soju is a clear, colorless distilled beverage of Korean origin. It is usually consumed neat, and its alcohol content varies from about 16.8% to 53% alcohol by volume.

Rum can be in the same ball park. The thing is, Rum is very sugary, as is the coca-cola. So Rum and Coke, rather than making people seem tired and drunk, they can end up really hyper and active. I attend occasional geeky conventions. I can start drinking at noon, and end at around 3-5am the next day. None stop drinking for 15+ hours. In the time though, I may only finish 1 bottle of Rum and about 3 liters of coca-cola. My g/f on the other hand, has half a bottle of gin in 4 hours and ends up black out drunk.

All different shapes and sizes if you know what I mean.
    Ah. So pretty similar then. Do you have a high tolerance to it or something or is it just because of size and weight differences? Just having 2 beers at 7% in an hour is enough to make me feel buzzed, usually get really drunk when drinking soju.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-10 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Ah. So pretty similar then. Do you have a high tolerance to it or something? Just having 2 beers at 7% in an hour is enough to make me feel buzzed, usually get really drunk when drinking soju.
    I honestly don't know. I'm not a big guy, 5'7", 150lbs. I'm quite thin, and short. So it isn't a physical thing. I just know my mix, and how to stay at a nice level of drunk without getting wasted.

My g/f on the other hand, has no gauge for how much to drink. She just pounds down as much as she can, as fast as she can and will stop once she can't walk. She is an inexperienced light weight.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Then it needs to be ingrained into society that women should not be taken advantage of even when they are setting up false flags while drunk. At the moment, the opposite is the case, especially in social settings that promote promiscuous behaviour. It's not a double standard because at the moment, there is no standard. Despite whether they really wanted it or not, a drunk woman asking for sex and leading to sex is the current social norm. There is no call for social responsibility the way we have to prevent drinking and driving.
    Its a double standard because only a man can rape. There is no accountability for a person themselves getting drunk. Which unless done in the privacy of your own home... is technically illegal.

Deleted
    No, but there should be a law that actually defines what consent is if they're going to keep charging people with rape for having sex with an intoxicated adult. The fact is that a lot of people are going to jail after having consensual sex with eachother. And the reason for that is one partner having second thoughts about the sex after the fact. This is an injustice. To the innocent people being charged, and actual victims of rape.

Its a double standard because only a man can rape.
    In what country?

There is no accountability for a person themselves getting drunk. Which unless done in the privacy of your own home... is technically illegal.
    Illegal to get drunk unless you're in your own home? Where do you live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there are questions:

Men keep track and keep receipts as proof to avoid a rape charge.

Women... the law favors you. Party hard! Apologize for nothing!

Deleted
    I have no experience with rum and coke so I have no point of reference. :/ We mostly drink beer or soju and it's quite obvious when someone have had too much soju to drink among me and my friends, don't think anyone has ever achieved that with only beer.
    "Too drunk" must be defined legally otherwise innocent people will be punished.

This isn't what's happening in rape cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you even go home with someone that shows such trashy behavior? If someone was groping me I'd get the guards attention and have them thrown out.
    Yeah...you're super gay. Just Sayin'

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-10 at 08:10 PM.

Its a double standard because only a man can rape. There is no accountability for a person themselves getting drunk. Which unless done in the privacy of your own home... is technically illegal.
    Your solutions to women drinking actually have nothing to do with women drinking. Your presented situations and arguments are based on standards of rape. That has nothing to do with accountability of getting drunk. There is no double standard to anyone getting drunk

We could literally bring up statistics for which gender causes more drinking and driving accidents and debate whether that gender needs to have their public drinking policed or not. It's really an awkward situation that you propose. Your double standards exist because you're applying gender restrictions on actions that are otherwise gender neutral (drinking).
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-05-10 at 07:10 PM.

This isn't what's happening in rape cases.
    Actually it is. Even if the woman is 100% into it, not overly drunk.
    Just the fact that she had drinks, means she can claim rape the day after.
    Day after regrets=Rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what country?

Illegal to get drunk unless you're in your own home? Where do you live?
    Its called being drunk in public. Or public intoxication.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...oxication.html

United States... how do you folks not know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Actually it is. Even if the woman is 100% into it, now overly drunk.
    Just the fact that she had drinks, means she can claim rape the day after.
    Day after regrets=Rape.
    No, regret is not rape. Report them for false accusation if this happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Its called being drunk in public. Or public intoxication.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...oxication.html

United States... how do you folks not know this.
    Because I'm not from the united states? Unless you're bothering someone here while drunk you won't have any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Then you're not talking about drunkenness at all, but talking about definitions of rape and rape prevention. That itself is a different conversation and has nothing to do with accountability of getting drunk. There is no double standard to anyone getting drunk.
    No we're talking about the ability to give consent and accountability. Read OP.

Essentially if a guy and girl go out to a bar, get drunk go home and have sex, wake up in the morning and the woman claims she did not give consent. The man can and will be charged with rape. The double standard is that the man was also in an inebriated state and thus could also not give consent... but the law doesn't care. Double standard.

Breathalyzer, written consent form, and keep your receipts for the alcohol you buy yourself and any woman. Protect yourself men!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    holy crap!! Lmfao!
    http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...rnor_thumb.jpg

No we're talking about the ability to give consent and accountability. Read OP.

Essentially if a guy and girl go out to a bar, get drunk go home and have sex, wake up in the morning and the woman claims she did not give consent. The man can and will be charged with rape. The double standard is that the man was also in an inebriated state and thus could also not give consent... but the law doesn't care. Double standard.

Breathalyzer, written consent form, and keep your receipts for the alcohol you buy yourself and any woman. Protect yourself men!
    And those are rape laws. They're not drinking laws. Same can be said of any situation where a woman claims rape regardless of inebriation. Even if not drunk, she can claim no consent, is this not true? The fact is, there is no way to justifiably prove if a woman gives consent or not, yet the laws around rape are based on those blurred lines.

Inebriation has nothing to do with it any more than it has to do with intention to kill while behind the wheel. The difference between vehicular manslaughter and vehicular murder while inebriated is defined case-by-case, and drunk drivers aren't all given any special standards 'because they were drunk'.

What was proposed in the OP was that women drinking should be policed because of lack of ability to provide sexual consent, which is not clearly defineable in the first place. Drinking is not a gender issue. Policing drinking is not a solution.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-05-10 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, regret is not rape. Report them for false accusation if this happens.
    Yes and how does one go about proving that?

The answer to all of this is really simple.

Fix the law so that Women can be accused/charged with rape when the other person is too drunk to consent. Because that's obviously what this is all about, and not some Sharia Law type shit.

/thread

Ok.... try this again.
    Examples
    If both parties are so drunk they cannot form words and have sex. Then who ever reports rape first has higher chance. Now they will ask witnesses and blood draws if in the last 24hrs.
    Now if one party is nursing a beer and feeding shots to the other person clear signs you may get charges possibly put against you.
    Now let say you both are drunk but can still speak sentences then yes you are ok as long as said parties agree. Now note during the act anyone can withdraw consent at anytime.

I never went to club for sec mostly to drink, dance, and have a great time.
    Let say I have had sex drunk as I said before if both parties consent either by actions or verbal. Not where they are puking, passed out, pee on themselves, and could not stand up right.

It is very easy to understand.
    If you are a male and passed out at apartment and your male roommate decided to have sex with you. Would you like it?