Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Source for that?
    Asking for a source when you have yet to source your original claim is pretty ballsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    I overall like the AP system. It allows players to log on when they want for as long as they want and be able to progress their characters. I say this as a 10/10m player in a 3night guild that works a full-time job. I also play other games not just wow... You are almost never "behind" in the ap system. All you need to do is keep AK rolling (which can be done on your phone in 2minutes once every 10 days.) My main is currently AL 52 and I have an alt at 47 that I barely play (as in maybe do WQ's on it twice a week, sometimes do invasions, 0-5M+'s a week and if I'm lucky a normal or heroic NH). My alt is also within 10ilvls of my main despite never stepping foot in a mythic raid. This is the CLOSEST alt I have had to my main, powerlevel wise, EVER especially with how little I need to commit to playing it.

The ap system gives you what you take from it. Spending more time is more rewarding but even super casual play keeps you a within a few points of hardcore players because of AK scaling. I have guildies that barely/don't work that only have earned 1-2 traits on me (wooo 400 more main stat from concordance), and they have dozens more hours on this patch alone then me doing nothing but grinding ap. Feeling like you "need" to clear all your WQ everyday to be efficient is a self control problem. This is the first expansion where your rewards and progression are truly a ratio of Skill, Effort and Time regardless of your play-style. There is even HEAVY DR's on time because of AK slowing the growth of hardcore players that have lots of time to throw at the game. (this of course is discounting the titanforge system which I loathe, random upgrades are fine but there should be a ceiling on such a system where you can get a 925 item from a heroic dungeon and effectively spit in the face of every person trying to farm that item on a higher difficulty)

You know what system feels awful. The raid log system... when starting in week 2 of WoD I was already logging on for raid then logging off cause I had NOTHING else to progress my character with. I love being able to log in on a non-raid night and actually progress my chars strength.

TLDR: I like the ap system, its easy to keep alts within a reasonable power level of main and gives ways to strengthen your character no matter when you log on.
    This exactly, i really don't need to say much more. Having people running stuff and out in the world is great. I don't have to play the game a lot to get pretty far, but if I have the time, I'm not just stuck standing around in my Garrison or filling the time with stuff i just "don't mind" doing, like mount farming; it's ok, but now I have options. Also, as a former Mythic(older heroic) raider, it's nice that i can push myself and get decent/great gear in Mythic+ rather than just having to accept that i can only do easier content since i cannot commit to a Mythic raid schedule as easily anymore.
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2017-05-10 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    They don't have to, they'll just adapt the AP system into something similar. Maybe Path of the Titans finally.
    Oh man, you read my mind. That would be awesome. Especially if we get an Old Gods themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes. They've said that even if they decide to not carry over the specific artifact system they will want to do something similar to AP where you get max level progression. I really hope they remove the paragon traits though and just let you finish it relatively early if you put effort in. It's exciting getting the new traits but it isn't exciting putting extra points in traits that were once cool. 5% increased damage felt good. .5% every additional level... uh... meh.
    I wouldn't mind if the paragon was actually being able to boost certain traits at different AP costs(not counting gold traits of course or ones that could essentially make you invulnable) rather than oh look X% more flat damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    Asking for a source when you have yet to source your original claim is pretty ballsy.
    What original claim? That I believe that they won't get rid of AP as a reward? Where have I ever claimed that that is anything but my belief?

Now source.

It would be awesome if we can upgrade them even further with titanic power
    OBEY THE PUG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Newsflash, they did. Multiple people have linked the source. You're wrong.
    And I have responded in the very same post you quoted and addressed it. No they haven't. And I'm gonna ignore ignorant posts like this now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more a question of how they will address it going forward into the next expansion if Artifacts don't carry over.

Without a solid level boost to start, a new player or anyone deciding to level fresh, is going to have so much shit to do from 98-110 before moving on. Especially if they're completionists.

Doesn't really seem viable or like there'd be a point in getting AP tokens while levelling from 98-110 just to discard the weapon almost immediately upon starting the new expansion content.

I imagine they'll fully unlock all/most remaining traits for new and current players while doing away with AP rewards in place of something more tangible for that level bracket, but who knows.

Although I like artifacts, I miss the feeling of getting a really good weapon off of a raid boss that I've been farming for a few weeks.

Artifacts are awesome and a really nice addition to WoW but I think it could've been implemented better. (Chain quest too easy and does not feel rewarding)

I mean we got the weapon off of a 20min scenario (maybe less) and it's the only and best weapon we're gonna have for the entire expansion.
    Unless they find a nice way to carry them over and fix a few stuff, I don't want them to carry over.

Just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    the artifact weapons themselves are going away. doomhammer, ashbringer, they will all be retired somehow. and we'll go back to weapons dropping from bosses.

however the concept behind artifact power probably won't go away. just like garrisons didn't go away, it was just renamed. i fucking hate it though. when i hit max level i want to stop leveling so i can go do something else.
    They'll keep artifacts before they keep artifact power and artifact knowledge. What are you smoking?

Yeah, I know. Every expansion had that.

Do you think everybody liked to do the Molten Front?

Do you think everybody liked to grind rep in Cataclysm or WoD?

Do you think everybody liked to do Ashran?

To state that Cataclysm and WoD had no grinding is outright ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Source for that?
    Look it the fuck up. People keep telling you that Blizz has stated the weapons are going away at the end of the xpack. But since you are clearly lazy, here you go. Free of charge http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas

Instead of weapons they can just make it our "neural magic network" or some shit just like the expanded talents systems in other games. It's going to stick around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Look it the fuck up. People keep telling you that Blizz has stated the weapons are going away at the end of the xpack. But since you are clearly lazy, here you go. Free of charge http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas
    First of all, watch your language.
    Second of all, if you don't give me a timecode, I'm not gonna watch this whole thing just to find whatever you are referring to. There is nothing in the MMO-C notes that is talking about what you are mentioning.

First of all, watch your language.
    Second of all, if you don't give me a timecode, I'm not gonna watch this whole thing just to find whatever you are referring to. There is nothing in the MMO-C notes that is talking about what you are mentioning.
    Swearing is perfectly acceptable, unlike calling someone a troll as you did upthread, so don't be too quick to complain.

100% a system like artifact power/traits will remain in the game - whether it's through artifacts again or in some sort of "path of the titan!@#1" system, who knows. Personally, I think we'll just keep the weapons and they'll just expand upon them - most likely offering different weapon types since that's one of the main things players complained about (ie being forced to use a staff as opposed to 1h/oh, etc).

As far as the AP system goes, I think the main improvement they'll make is make the additional power you gain from the traits or whatever very front heavy - so you'll unlock all the important/major stuff very quickly and then they'll be diminishing returns in power gained. So you're still progressing your character and getting stronger, but now you don't feel like you have to do nothing but farm AP to max your traits out. Kinda what they're doing with the final proc trait on weapons now, except I'm thinking more in terms of the entire weapon. To use the current traits as an example, maybe you could go down the trait paths without maxing each trait - so you could only pick up one or two points in each trait just to at least grab em all, but then to max each one out, it would take a very long time - but it wouldn't be a huge deal because you'd have, for example, 7% out of a possible 10% or 20% out of 30%, etc for all your traits.
    Last edited by Ickz; 2017-05-10 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Swearing is perfectly acceptable, unlike calling someone a troll as you did upthread, so don't be too quick to complain.
    I never said swearing isn't ok, but talking to others like that is rude. Especially when he's the one making the claim. He has to provide the source.

And I never called anyone a troll. I'm the one that's being called a troll constantly. This is like bizarro world.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-10 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    They'll keep artifacts before they keep artifact power and artifact knowledge. What are you smoking?
    why would they keep the weapons? they can easily take the trait thing and apply it to something else. all it is is a second leveling experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    Prove it. I'd postulate that only those who don't understand math think it's "especially bad" in 7.2.

Did you know that it takes nearly 3x your lifetime AP in a weapon to get another 4 traits? Only 4! Think about that when a player who just plays what he wants to and that's it, no stress, is at 60 traits and a try hard grinder who loves to push AP is sitting at...say.. 68, 9x the AP. The difference between 68 and 60 for most classes is measurable but not game changing, hell someone did a sim for Fury warr atm and those 8 traits would result in .8% more dps. WOW. Grind if you like to of course, but don't act like it's the same as Pre 7.2 when just getting one more trait (a 5% cost increase vs the 30% now) gave more than that .8%.

Did you also know that unless base AP rewards grow or they add AK beyond 50 that it's literally impossible to get all 101 traits? You'd likely die of natural causes before you could grind it. There's going to be a natural compression from the lowest to highest of players in the few weeks/months following the acquisition of AK50, because without the boost, the DR on AP gained gets steep, FAST.

Just treat trait 52 as the new 54 (pre 7.2) and leave it at that. You'd have to be in a coma to not hit 52, assuming you're current on AK, before 7.2.5 when Tomb releases. At soonest people expect ToS to come out in over 30 days, that's 6 more AK. That 6 more AK means you're getting AP 483% faster than you are today. That means that if you take the effort it took you to get your most recent trait, and spread that over the next 5 days, you'd STILL get 6 more traits before ToS.

People need to stop blowing AP and traits out of the water, we. are. not. in. the. same. system. as. pre 7.2. If your guild is mandating ridiculous traits (58-60+) then they have poor leadership and you should leave, because the gain isn't worth killing your guild over, not even remotely close, the math just isn't there for it.
    I think you have sufficiently proven my vague and subjective comment. (Seriously breh... chill)

Point is you recognize that people aren't overly happy with the system. That's all I was saying.

To fully max out your artifact traits you need:

195 BILLION AP

Currently I have accumulated 233 MILLION

Which at level 43 is still 2 BILLION AP away from what you think is sufficient at 52.

So I guess I've been in a coma... and am currently still in a coma. I am not sure you could be any more obnoxious or contemptible if you tried.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-05-10 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    To fully max out your artifact traits you need:

195 BILLION AP

Currently I have accumulated 233 MILLION

Which at level 43 is still 2 BILLION AP away from what you think is sufficient at 52.

So I guess I've been in a coma... and am currently still in a coma. I am not sure you could be any more obnoxious or contemptible if you tried.
    Artifact knowledge is a thing. You're probably at 34 or 35 now. It's gonna go to 50. The numbers are gonna make sense in the end. You're not supposed to be finished yet.

As Legion subs are not very good, I am pretty sure they will ditch the AP system past Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Artifact knowledge is a thing. You're probably at 34 or 35 now. It's gonna go to 50. The numbers are gonna make sense in the end. You're not supposed to be finished yet.
    The whole point is that people are not fond of it. I'm not about to kill myself over it... I wish it wasn't there. I am not alone in that wish.