View Poll Results: Tinkers as the next class?

Voters
937. This poll is closed
  • Yes - If done correctly

330 35.22%
  • No - Tinkers make no sense

340 36.29%
  • Maybe - If done correctly

122 13.02%
  • Other - Stated below

15 1.60%
  • Don't give a fuck either way

130 13.87%
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I believe that it is possible but what would their roles/specs be? Where would they fit in a Dungeon/Raid Party?

- - - Updated - - -

What would Tinkers bring to the table
    I'd say x2 dps specs 1 healer spec, I'd love to see a x1 utility spec, x1 dps spec, x1 healer spec. But that could be tricky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still could be a mount because we can run around on them anyway...
    But we can't fire the weapons... or modify them

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    id rather they just give hunter more tech stuff all the ideas I've seen for tinkers on here suck and sound dumb.

"Tinkers" is just a stupid name. Dont want them.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    But we can't fire the weapons... or modify them
    I didn't even think of that! Such a good idea.. Add shields and stuff.. then the Transmog possibilities...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    "Tinkers" is just a stupid name. Dont want them.
    Very helpful opinion thank you... Please tell us why not besides the name...

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even think of that! Such a good idea.. Add shields and stuff.. then the Transmog possibilities...

- - - Updated - - -

With all of the customization we have for artifact weapons, imagine the 15 different colors, styles, weapons, shields, crests, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    id rather they just give hunter more tech stuff all the ideas I've seen for tinkers on here suck and sound dumb.
    The ideas are fantastic... Please don't put others down for their ideas.. That is extremely childish.

It wouldn't suprise me what they decide to do next honestly. I think it's very possible, and ya know if it's fun I say let's give it a go.

With all of the customization we have for artifact weapons, imagine the 15 different colors, styles, weapons, shields, crests, etc.
    Very true. The possibilities seem limitless.

I feel like the biggest "issue" with Tinker's would be that logically they would make the most sense as Goblins and Gnomes only. Neither of which is a super popular race. I know that shouldn't be a big issue, but it is the kind of thing I'm sure Blizzard considers when making new classes. That is likely why DK could be everything (as of launch of WotLK), and Monks could be almost everything. DH are limited but limited to two of the more popular races in the game, in Horde's case the most played race of the faction. With Tinker, I feel like the "class fantasy" is Gnome/Goblin. That said, I think they could work easily, piloting a machine could mean it would be easy to make any role work. Being able to customize your mech would also be a fun feature for a Hero class. I think they could work awesome.

Yes, as long as they have an option to be ranged dps and preferably no melee spec. We had 3 classes added to the game all of which have melee dps spec and none of which has ranged spec. I'm starting to get sick of world of melee-craft where it's so hard to find a ranged spec that doesn't feel like everything else. Only hunters feel a tad bit different because they aren't "casters".

Something aoe-oriented with bombs, mines, turrets and lazors, kinda like Gazlowe from HOTS (but actually being useful).

If they have tank or healer spec I have mixed feelings about it, on one side I like hybrid classes for faster queues and such, on the other hand I think we're running out of creative space for these roles, what we've seen in Legion is there is usually 1-2 OP tank classes and around 3 good healer specs and rest gets the short end of the stick. If tinker-healer is gonna end up like Legion rework of disc and mistweaver, then I rather have them not make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneous42 View Post
    I feel like the biggest "issue" with Tinker's would be that logically they would make the most sense as Goblins and Gnomes only. Neither of which is a super popular race. I know that shouldn't be a big issue, but it is the kind of thing I'm sure Blizzard considers when making new classes. That is likely why DK could be everything (as of launch of WotLK), and Monks could be almost everything. DH are limited but limited to two of the more popular races in the game, in Horde's case the most played race of the faction. On the other hand, I feel like the "class fantasy" of a Tinker is Gnome/Goblin. That said, I think they could work easily, piloting a machine could mean it would be easy to make any role work. Being able to customize your mech would also be a fun feature for a Hero class. I think they could work awesome.
    Yes, but those who really want to be a Tinker would not care so it shouldn't matter about the Race but rather the Class.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ideas are fantastic... Please don't put others down for their ideas.. That is extremely childish.
    i think every tinker idea I've seen on here has been horrible. and sorry if i hurt your feeling but no not agreeing with stupid ideas is not childish.

I really like all the ideas that are coming together about the Tinker Class. They would be an amazing addition to the game...

In my opinion? They already exist, in the form of the Engineer profession. Yes, I know, 'professions are not classes, yaddayadda', but the fact is: lore-wise, everything a Tinker would do, the Engineer already does. Lore-wise, how is it any different from a Hunter who has a mechanical pet plus bombs, turrets, mechs, etc. everything an engineer makes?

i think every tinker idea I've seen on here has been horrible. and sorry if i hurt your feeling but no not agreeing with stupid ideas is not childish.
    But there is no reason to put them down publicly.. Please keep it to yourself. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In my opinion? They already exist, in the form of the Engineer profession. Yes, I know, 'professions are not classes, yaddayadda', but the fact is: lore-wise, everything a Tinker would do, the Engineer already does. Lore-wise, how is it any different from a Hunter who has a mechanical pet plus bombs, turrets, mechs, etc. everything an engineer makes?
    Uhh.. Hunters already have mech pets.. and Engineers dont attack anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    When you use statements like "suck and sound dumb", people are inclined to believe an adolescent might be commenting. On the other hand, using "don't sound fun to play, and don't seem like a good class", your opinion is more easily received. Personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of a poor and juvenile delivery.

It's all a matter of opinion. There will always be people contrary to your opinion, no matter how 'true' or 'benign' you believe your opinion is. If you don't want it challenged, keep it to yourself and don't put it out into the world.

- - - Updated - - -

LORE-WISE

Also, "engineers don't attack anything"? I present to you Reaves Piloted Combat mode:

7+ Year Old Account
    When you use statements like "suck and sound dumb", people are inclined to believe an adolescent might be commenting. On the other hand, using "don't sound fun to play, and don't seem like a good class", your opinion is more easily received. Personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of a poor and juvenile delivery.
    i make most my post between doing things so i'm not going to go in depth and nit pick why i dislike every tinker idea I've seen on this forum suck and sound dumb are good enough generalizations for me at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

But there is no reason to put them down publicly.. Please keep it to yourself. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean the thread is about peoples opinion on tinkers so i think giving my opinion publicly is the whole reason of the thread.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-05-11 at 03:19 AM.

I just I know I want them to finally add another ranged dps class via xpac (only melee/tanks/healers so far), and for there to be a 2nd ranged physical class (besides Hunters).

So I guess ranged physical dps / tank (two specs only) would be great for Tinker. Mail ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.