Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Blizzard advocating the use of cheats/hacks or just lazy?

Having encountered several obvious hacker and reported them, one n particular has stood - his flight was suspicious looking very clipped so i checked armory, he was flying and herbing in Suramar without even having pathfinder part one nvm part 2 to allow flight (i checked via my own alt that relevent achievments were showing if it was done on another character due to the account wide basis)
    Nearly 2 weeks later after i reported him and hes still here doing the same thing whatever time of the day or night i log, does anyone else find this wrong that someone obviously cheating or hacking is able to get away with it for so long. Do you guys think Blizzard are just very slow or the just don't care now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormmantis View Post
    Having encountered several obvious hacker and reported them, one n particular has stood - his flight was suspicious looking very clipped so i checked armory, he was flying and herbing in Suramar without even having pathfinder part one nvm part 2 to allow flight (i checked via my own alt that relevent achievments were showing if it was done on another character due to the account wide basis)
    Nearly 2 weeks later after i reported him and hes still here doing the same thing whatever time of the day or night i log, does anyone else find this wrong that someone obviously cheating or hacking is able to get away with it for so long. Do you guys think Blizzard are just very slow or the just don't care now?
    They usually ban in waves.

It would make your story a lot more reliable to put some screenshots considering you have been investigating this guy for a while.. right now it looks borderline trollish.. Also I had a friend who just turned on such a hack to fuck around inside a dungeon, walk on walls and hover above us for shits and giggles and he got caught for it.. someone botting and doing it in open world for weeks would be detected for sure.

Screenshots here would be of no use but the screen shots i sent of him running straight up a cliff side and 'flying; when he ought not be able to have been sent with my reports.
    As for banning in waves i figured something like that but considered it a lazy tactic because these people can make a fortune in between these ban waves.
    I just made this post out of curiosity wondering if anyone else has experienced and increased in this sort of botting and hacking - i remember it being particularly bad during wrath of the lich king

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...oration/legion

My alt. Says I don't have Broken Pathfinder part 1.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...oration/legion

My main that has Broken Pathfinder part 1 and 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is easy way to get rid of bots - stop buying them. Neither them or gold. Or boosts (yes, even with gold), all these actions (not blizzard) work in favor of bot development. Without people buying bots, they can't exist. Banning in waves is way more effective than banning as soon as detected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    i checked armory, he was flying and herbing in Suramar without even having pathfinder part one nvm part 2 to allow flight (i checked via my own alt that relevent achievments were showing if it was done on another character due to the account wide basis)
    The flaw in your investigation is that there's a setting in the social options tab for displaying only character achievements to others. If that's checked you won't see pathfinder if it's done on another character on the same account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    The flaw in your investigation is that there's a setting in the social options tab for displaying only character achievements to others. If that's checked you won't see pathfinder if it's done on another character on the same account.
    I posted my armory for my main and alt showing just this. The OP won't respond to us, though lol.

thats odd i checked my own characters and alts and other people from my guild, each time if they had pathfinder 2 on one character they had it on all. but either way i didn't base my report entirely on the armory results, it was the way this guy was moving that made me suspicious having followed him ive seen him run straight though walls in the suramar ruins too.

thats odd i checked my own characters and alts and other people from my guild, each time if they had pathfinder 2 on one character they had it on all. but either way i didn't base my report entirely on the armory results, it was the way this guy was moving that made me suspicious having followed him ive seen him run straight though walls in the suramar ruins too.
    If you reported him and he is indeed still at it it very well could be lag. I used to teleport all over the place when I had wireless internet in the country. And yeah, sometimes it looked like I flew right through walls. You can also force lag so that you can't be attacked while collecting a node by running a macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not advocating for cheating/hacks. They ban in waves and by amounts of reports.

As well, for the achievement thing. You can't look up all achievement 'connections' on the armory, unsure by problem or by player choice. Example that is good, achievement points may look less than what they actually have.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It could be lag but i'm highly dubious it just doesn't look right. i guess i'm just paranoid having experienced how bad it got in WOTLK when they were all underground mining/herbing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If you reported him and he is indeed still at it it very well could be lag. I used to teleport all over the place when I had wireless internet in the country. And yeah, sometimes it looked like I flew right through walls. You can also force lag so that you can't be attacked while collecting a node by running a macro.
    Sometimes, lag can be a very aggresive thing.. Seen a guy 'blink' around in a raid fight, but he was actually lagging..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Bots move in a very specifc laggy way, a bit jumpy. The guy most likely was botting, and just won't get banned until the next botwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Bots move in a very specifc laggy way, a bit jumpy. The guy most likely was botting, and just won't get banned until the next botwave.
    I've seen bots move. And I've seen lag. They are very similar. Play with 4k ms and your character will be jumpy, too. It is possible that if he didn't get banned then he was actually lagging. I say possible. Not 100%. "Most likely" Is a bit over reaching imo. And yeah, I hate bots too and wish they would all get banned.

Deleted
    My alts don't say I have pathfinder completed for part 1 or part 2.

Botting isn't new either way, calling Blizzard lazy and questioning if they advocate cheaters is insanely ignorant. You can literally go and download a bot to farm for you right now, write one yourself or just setup a simple script that's hard to detect. Blizzard harvest this data over time and ban in waves every 3-6 months, they normally advertise these waves here on MMO-Champion and over on their official forums as a sticky.

Do a bit of research before trying to flame Blizzard over something you clearly don't understand. You can even do a quick Google search or even search here on this website for more information on the matter. You saw one person you SUSPECTED of botting, whom you still can't prove was botting outside of saying they "ran into a wall" and don't have an achievement (which doesn't show regardless) and made a post saying Blizzard are lazy. You sir, are the lazy one here.

I never understand the use of bots too, if a game is too much hassle for you to do it yourself then isnt it time for you to log out and find something else rather than risk and (eventual) ban?

I've seen bots move. And I've seen lag. They are very similar. Play with 4k ms and your character will be jumpy, too. It is possible that if he didn't get banned then he was actually lagging. I say possible. Not 100%. "Most likely" Is a bit over reaching imo. And yeah, I hate bots too and wish they would all get banned.
    The bots use the same mount 99% of the time, and lag definitely looks different to a person, because their lag, slowly climbs them up mountains in a walking-fashion, while not actually going flying speed.

It's much more likely that it's a bot, than a laggy person.

There's no real point in banning a single botter, he'll just use someone else's account and continue. What they do is look at reports, identify which bot is used, identify what is being exploited and identify everyone who uses the same bot. Then they fix the exploit and ban everyone who has used the bot in one go without warning.

Banning botters one by one would alert botmakers that blizzard is onto them, making it harder to counter them
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

If they were more proactive banning botters and made less worthwhile and more of a chore to attempt it would be worthwhile but as is yeh they just use another character on another account that was probably scammed from someone and carry on.