Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Kezan Island in New Expansion??

If the next expansion happens to be a South Seas / Old God type expansion, would Kezan be a part of those islands?

Take a look at the picture here:

As you can see, we ALREADY have Kezan in the game. It was used as the Goblin starting zone. Unless they make the rest of the island that we don't use (only the northern part was used as the goblin town that you quest through in the starting experience), an actual zone to do stuff in, then how could this even be considered as a location in a potential new expansion?

Furthermore, if a South Seas Expansion happens.. what islands would we possibly see?

- Zandalar
    - Kul'Tiras
    - Maybe an underwater zone?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think we will get either "Nzoth/South Seas" or "Bolvar/Sylvanas/Scourge" for 8.0. Scourge could bring new class - Necromancer and we have already "Void" class (Shadow Priest) - so I think we will go to South Seas next time. I know this was speculated many times, but only after Cata and now N'zoth make sense for next expac.

I think 8.0.. let's name it "Black Empire" will have similar structure to Legion. Ion looks like a guy that like have this things sorted out - when he was responsible for raids in WoD, he organized it and keep the same for 7.0; in Legion we have organized patch structure - .X for medium/large patch, .X.5 for small patch that prepare ballance and classes for next raid tier (and 7.1.5 had amazing ballance, so this works).

Same with levelling zones - 4 for levelling and one max level zone for each tier (beside tier '0') looks like solid structure. Also they seem to tie up loose ends with the story - like with Calia Menethil or Neptulon. If we go to South Sea, I think we will explore all major isles. I see it like this:

a)Capital: Kezan City rebuilded by Goblin and Gnomes, we spend Legion in Alliance looking city, so I don't think we can't have opposite

b) Levelling zones:
    - Kezan - Old God theme, we find out why exactly Goblin are so intelligent
    - Zandalar - troll theme
    - Plunder Isles - pirate theme
    - Tel Abim - we would deal with Naga invasion here (I can't imagine South Seas leveling without Naga)

c) Tier '0': 7 boss troll raid on Zandalar (Zul as last boss) and small 3 boss pirate raid on Plunder Isle

d) Tier 1:
    - max level zone: Kul Tiras - VERY similar to Suramar, we find out there is Old God cult here
    - 10 boss first human raid in WoW history - Jaina as last boss (don't have to kill her, just bring back her senses)

e) Patch 8.1 - we had Karazhan dungeon, why don't Ulduar dungeon? Odyn said he will go there

f) Tier 2: Nazjatar zone, Naga invasion, Azshara as last boss.

g) Tier 3: full Old God attack, we are pulled into Nyalotha (last zone), last boss Nzoth.

Another scourge Expac wouldn't really make sense, considering that we're already as strong (If not, then close) as the Lich king in power.

Azshara/N'zoth will make a MUCH more known threat, at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe we'll see both the scourge and nzoth if the lich king will fall under his influence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    maybe we'll see both the scourge and nzoth if the lich king will fall under his influence.
    But the Undead are immune to the Old Gods' whispers, which is why saronite was so popular amongst the Lich King armies.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Kezan, Zandalar, Plunder Isle, and Kul'Tiras would all be the big ones. Tel'Abim and Ogrezonia are some others I would like to see. I would also expect Azshara to raise up some sunken regions to the surface to make some brand new zones, at least one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the whole point of Goblins as a playable race that Kezan is no more, due to the Vulcano and all that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Isn't the whole point of Goblins as a playable race that Kezan is no more, due to the Vulcano and all that?
    ...No. All of Kezan had to be evacuated because of the volcano, and playable goblins are just one faction of goblins that fled. No one knows what state Kezan is currently in, and returning and exploring the ruins of Undermine and the rest of the island would make for a pretty good zone.

Zandalar is in a similar situation - we last heard it was sinking, but no word on what state its in or whether or not it has sunk completely. And if Azshara is around, with all her power over the seas and what not, we could get even ruined, sunken zones restored to the surface for exploration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    ...No. All of Kezan had to be evacuated because of the volcano, and playable goblins are just one faction of goblins that fled. No one knows what state Kezan is currently in, and returning and exploring the ruins of Undermine and the rest of the island would make for a pretty good zone.

Zandalar is in a similar situation - we last heard it was sinking, but no word on what state its in or whether or not it has sunk completely. And if Azshara is around, with all her power over the seas and what not, we could get even ruined, sunken zones restored to the surface for exploration.
    I expect it to somehow be fine but maybe invaded by Naga. Now if it was me, I'd probably make it a very Troll themed area/zone/whatever that's massive and filled with Juicy Troll lore. Course it'd be Horde only minus PVP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A South Sea expansion sounds reasonable and as mentioned here has a ton of potential for storytelling and interesting places.

One large problem I see is that the Islands would be pretty far removed in introduced realistically. If Blizzard does so we will need boats or to rely on flight masters, which means more time we are passive. Flying wouldn't be such powerful anymore, but worst of all it could feel as disconnected as Cata....

Then again I have trust in Blizzard doing such a thing right.

I don't see why they couldn't just fill the rest of the island. The volcano erupted, but that was ages ago... like, way back at the beginning of Cataclysm. Kezan is rife for fresh construction by Goblins, who would love to go back there anyway because, key, Kajamite is insanely valuable. Heck, the land could have recovered naturally from the event. This could even have been spurred on by the Kajamite, as wildlife could have been improved by coming into contact with it, getting smart, and restoring the land with druidic and shamanistic magics (as demonstrated by cave monkeys who previously found Kajamite on another island).

As for other zone potential, one that isn't mentioned is Nazjatar, the home capitol for the Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If the next expansion happens to be a South Seas / Old God type expansion, would Kezan be a part of those islands?

Take a look at the picture here:

As you can see, we ALREADY have Kezan in the game. It was used as the Goblin starting zone. Unless they make the rest of the island that we don't use (only the northern part was used as the goblin town that you quest through in the starting experience), an actual zone to do stuff in, then how could this even be considered as a location in a potential new expansion?

Furthermore, if a South Seas Expansion happens.. what islands would we possibly see?

- Zandalar
    - Kul'Tiras
    - Maybe an underwater zone?

I personally don't think they would create another underwater zone that is so close to Vashj'ir but I guess.. I don't believe that they would include Kezan, other than as an elemental area as a volcano covered the entire area in ash and lava.. But it's an interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Another scourge Expac wouldn't really make sense, considering that we're already as strong (If not, then close) as the Lich king in power
    Might want to bone up on current events. We aren't anywhere near Bolvar's strength. He makes it quite apparent that he could crush the Deathlord like an insect (that being the DK player) and assume direct control of the Ebon Blade whenever he felt like it.

Bolvar also isn't really a villain. He's got no horse in the "Conquer Azeroth" race; his sole concern is preventing the Legion from winning, by any means neccessary, even if that means wiping out all life on Azeroth as a last resort (which he is capable of). As long as he doesn't have to, though, he won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calia Menethil? what loose ends is there to clear up about her?

Another scourge Expac wouldn't really make sense, considering that we're already as strong (If not, then close) as the Lich king in power.

Malfurion is stronger than Azshara and we've beaten old gods stronger than Nzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I don't see why they couldn't just fill the rest of the island. The volcano erupted, but that was ages ago... like, way back at the beginning of Cataclysm. Kezan is rife for fresh construction by Goblins, who would love to go back there anyway because, key, Kajamite is insanely valuable. Heck, the land could have recovered naturally from the event. This could even have been spurred on by the Kajamite, as wildlife could have been improved by coming into contact with it, getting smart, and restoring the land with druidic and shamanistic magics (as demonstrated by cave monkeys who previously found Kajamite on another island).

As for other zone potential, one that isn't mentioned is Nazjatar, the home capitol for the Naga.
    It's been as many years in game lore as it has in real life. Not enough time for land to "recover naturally."

What makes you say we are anywhere near the Lich King in power? As far as story goes, the only real boost to our characters' power is the artifact weapons, which will probably be destroyed or depowered somehow at the end of Legion.

But I agree that an Old God xpac makes more sense right now. The current battle with the Burning Legion means, very soon, one of the only groups powerful enough to challenge the Old Gods will be destroyed, and there are hints though out the current xpac that the Old Gods are getting ready to make their move.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Malfurion is stronger than Azshara and we've beaten old gods stronger than Nzoth.
    LOLWAT.
    Azshara was said to be as strong as the eredar lords, I think it was Kil'jadenm she thought he would make a good consort.

Deleted
    I think the chance of Kezan being a leveling zone is close to 0, because Kezan was a small island before it was sinking, there wouldn’t be enough room for more than 1-2 quest hubs.

The next expansion will be on Kul Tiras with the island being retconned into a continent/chain of island zones, i.e. the Broken Isles treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    I think the chance of Kezan being a leveling zone is close to 0, because Kezan was a small island before it was sinking, there wouldn’t be enough room for more than 1-2 quest hubs.
    They can always retcon Kezan into a chain of islands. If I'm not mistaken, Kezan is a part of the Golden Isles (I don't remember where I heard that term before, but it fits the Goblin theme).