Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snapT0rmentt View Post
    LOLWAT.
    Azshara was said to be as strong as the eredar lords, I think it was Kil'jadenm she thought he would make a good consort.
    Not quite, she was said to be so strong Mannoroth believed only the eredar lords were stronger, and Azshara herself wanted to be Sargeras' consort.

Sargeras himself could not be reached for comment on the matter.

Still laughable to suggest that Malfurion is stronger than Azshara - he's tough when he's got the natural world to call on, but not that tough.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Another scourge Expac wouldn't really make sense, considering that we're already as strong (If not, then close) as the Lich king in power.

Azshara/N'zoth will make a MUCH more known threat, at this point.
    It doesn't make sense, which is exactly why I think it will happen. Everyone is on the Old Gods/South Seas expansion bandwagon, but Blizzard have not been consistent with logical story progression since Cata. Cata looked like it was setting up Old Gods/South Seas, we got the total curveball of Pandaria. Pandaria HEAVILY hinted at Legion, we got the total curveball of Warlords of Whatthefuckisthishit. Legion is hinting at the Old Gods every turn, but honestly, I think this is a part of the strategy now - the next xpac is going to be another weird curveball. They can't pop their cork too soon on the Old Gods, right after we take down the Legion. I'm certain the next one will be a Lich King throwback. I think with Chronicle 3 dealing with the whole Lich King saga, there will be extra info in that book that they may draw on for this one.

The clues:

Updated skins for Undead models

Odyn visiting Ulduar and Magni in Sholazar

Chromie's return to the Dragonblight

The huge lore implications in the DK campaign

Sylvannas' big set-ups

Expanded vrykul, keeper and val'kyr lore

I think it will be a 'lower stakes' expac dealing with a smaller problem, rather than a world-ending one, which will come after.
    Last edited by Grimo; 2017-05-12 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The next expansion will be on Kul Tiras with the island being retconned into a continent/chain of island zones, i.e. the Broken Isles treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

They can always retcon Kezan into a chain of islands. If I'm not mistaken, Kezan is a part of the Golden Isles (I don't remember where I heard that term before, but it fits the Goblin theme).

No they cannot do that retcon easily, at least not without redoing the whole goblin starter series.

You start at Kezan. It sinks and the only way to escape is to pay a massive amount (leaving you broken basicly) to get onto Gallywix ship to then be stranded on the lost isles. If Kezan was an archipelago with inhabitable islands close by or at least in sight and maybe even inhabited by other goblins, the evacuation of the starting isle would’ve happened to one of those

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    No they cannot do that retcon easily, at least not without redoing the whole goblin starter series.

You start at Kezan. It sinks and the only way to escape is to pay a massive amount (leaving you broken basicly) to get onto Gallywix ship to then be stranded on the lost isles. If Kezan was an archipelago with inhabitable islands close by or at least in sight and maybe even inhabited by other goblins, the evacuation of the starting isle would’ve happened to one of those
    Kezan didn't sink; Bilgewater Harbor was covered in lava, and the Undermine - presumably under the volcano - is, well, destroyed or ruined. As for the rest of the island or islands, who knows? Only Blizzard. Furthermore, it was never an evacuation in the sense that we think of an evacuation; it was merely an attempt by Gallywix to steal from the rest of the denizens of Bilgewater Harbor (he planned on drowning them at sea). Finally, I never asked for a synopsis on half-a-decade old content.

P.S. If you open up the Maelstrom map within the game, it clearly shows the Lost Isles near Kezan (as highlighted within the thread), so your other point is rather moot.

P.P.S. Why would they have to redo the goblin starting area? It's a phased zone that functions like a scenario.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-05-12 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Another scourge Expac wouldn't really make sense, considering that we're already as strong (If not, then close) as the Lich king in power.

Azshara/N'zoth will make a MUCH more known threat, at this point.

Makes perfect sense.

WoD = Vanilla - Humans vs Orcs
    Legion = BC - Illidan and Burning Legion
    Next expansion = WoTLK - Scourge and Lich King
    Next after that = Cata - Dragons and shit
    And then = Pandaria - We need to go back!

Logic!

South-Seas / Azshara etc. for sure. And as Blizz liked the Garrison / Class hall system, I think we'll get our own customisable ships and crue to travel around between the isles. Maybe our own fleet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    South-Seas / Azshara etc. for sure. And as Blizz liked the Garrison / Class hall system, I think we'll get our own customisable ships and crue to travel around between the isles. Maybe our own fleet.
    Garrison and Class Order are not the same, they just share follower system (which almost 100% will be carried out to next expac). For me, I would like more new class hall instead of some ship.

But yeah, this is a problem they have to face - in Cata it was bit awkward that 80+ zones were spread accross the continent, since then they always create one landmass for expansion. WIth South Seas they don't really have choice. I hope it will be something more innovative than just portals (and it have to be quick too, imagine doing world quest on several isles without quick travel). Or they can just stretch Zandalar for full size continent like they did with Broken Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Not quite, she was said to be so strong Mannoroth believed only the eredar lords were stronger, and Azshara herself wanted to be Sargeras' consort.

Sargeras himself could not be reached for comment on the matter.

Still laughable to suggest that Malfurion is stronger than Azshara - he's tough when he's got the natural world to call on, but not that tough.
    It would be a long battle unless Azshara tried some underhanded tactics which is very likely.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    It doesn't make sense, which is exactly why I think it will happen. Everyone is on the Old Gods/South Seas expansion bandwagon, but Blizzard have not been consistent with logical story progression since Cata. Cata looked like it was setting up Old Gods/South Seas, we got the total curveball of Pandaria. Pandaria HEAVILY hinted at Legion, we got the total curveball of Warlords of Whatthefuckisthishit. Legion is hinting at the Old Gods every turn, but honestly, I think this is a part of the strategy now - the next xpac is going to be another weird curveball. They can't pop their cork too soon on the Old Gods, right after we take down the Legion. I'm certain the next one will be a Lich King throwback. I think with Chronicle 3 dealing with the whole Lich King saga, there will be extra info in that book that they may draw on for this one.

The clues:

Updated skins for Undead models

Odyn visiting Ulduar and Magni in Sholazar

Chromie's return to the Dragonblight

The huge lore implications in the DK campaign

Sylvannas' big set-ups

Expanded vrykul, keeper and val'kyr lore

I think it will be a 'lower stakes' expac dealing with a smaller problem, rather than a world-ending one, which will come after.
    The Naga also got updates to their models as well...

Must I also mention the Priest weapon?

Oh, and forgot to mention these:

The Void Lords.

Azsuna.

The HUGE Lord implications with both 7.2, as well as the Emerald Nightmare raid.

Chromie getting ass-raped by BOTH The Legion/Void.

Magni and his Void/Legion implications. The "Greater power" are The Void Lords.

Deleted
    A german community site just suggest that the next addon could be a Troll related addon since a new book release by Paul Kemp appeared in the amazon catalogue.... maybe thats a hint what we get as a new expansion.

Before Legion we got World of Warcraft: Illidan... maybe its the same now with World of Warcraft: Trollwars

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    A german community site just suggest that the next addon could be a Troll related addon since a new book release by Paul Kemp appeared in the amazon catalogue.... maybe thats a hint what we get as a new expansion.

Before Legion we got World of Warcraft: Illidan... maybe its the same now with World of Warcraft: Trollwars
    I didn't think about that, but it's a good theory. Regardless, at this point, it'll be one of three options: Kezan, Kul Tiras, or Zandalar (all, of which, will receive the Broken Isles treatment, i.e. a retcon to their size).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Kezan didn't sink; Bilgewater Harbor was covered in lava, and the Undermine - presumably under the volcano - is, well, destroyed or ruined. As for the rest of the island or islands, who knows? Only Blizzard. Furthermore, it was never an evacuation in the sense that we think of an evacuation; it was merely an attempt by Gallywix to steal from the rest of the denizens of Bilgewater Harbor (he planned on drowning them at sea). Finally, I never asked for a synopsis on half-a-decade old content.

P.S. If you open up the Maelstrom map within the game, it clearly shows the Lost Isles near Kezan (as highlighted within the thread), so your other point is rather moot.

P.P.S. Why would they have to redo the goblin starting area? It's a phased zone that functions like a scenario.
    Okay let me elaborate then:

You suggested retconning Kezan into an archipelago, which means Kezan was always more than 1 island.

Goblins are considered greedy, even the PC. The only way of escaping was through that ship.

Someone as greedy as a goblin wouldn’t pay a gazillion of money leaving them broken in order to escape if there was another way like really close by islands.

So storywise that doesn’t make sense.

Besides that: the starting zone Kezan and that endgame archipelago would then be/look different without any reason given (retcon). Having 2 contradicting versions of 1 island is just bad for consistency.

I’m not saying that returning to Kezan is impossible, however having Kezan as a leveling zone seems very unlikely to me, because of its size. There are plenty of other unvisited islands of unkown shape or size suiting better. I could see Kezan being a dungeon, scenario or whatever.

However the whole concept of a south seas expansion has 1 big problem: the zones are spread out all over the south seas and each isle would probably need their own loading screen making it basicly cataclysm 2.0 but instead of portal hopping you’d most likely be boat hopping, which is even more annoying.