Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The issue to me is all the questions that pop up trying to look at the scenario Trump is outlining objectively. Well before the election, he was stating widespread voter fraud would occur. He was stating this with certainty as a fact.
    He repeated it a few times despite investigations and factchecking...

We have a fine example of voter fraud, an admission stated in this very thread, but no one said anything...and we know no one on the right side will since it supports them in terms of votes and their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The issue to me is all the questions that pop up trying to look at the scenario Trump is outlining objectively.

Well before the election, he was stating widespread voter fraud would occur. He was stating this with certainty as a fact. To do so requires (normally, at least) evidence of some kind. Yet Trump did nothing to tackle the issue, cite evidence that it would happen so steps could be taken to correct it, or any other action before the election other than stating it at campaign rallies. So why was he willing to take part in what was sure to be a close election that he knew would be rigged, thus subverting American Democracy!, without doing anything about it?
    You can argue that as a mere candidate, and a political outsider, he didn't have the ability to do anything, but at the very least he could have presented the 'evidence' he had which let him know this was certain to occur. That would have sent the Republicans into a fury. After all, if there appears to be credible evidence that your opponents are attempting to permit election rigging, that would be a MASSIVE story and would have gutted the Democratic party top to bottom. So why didn't this happen, unless no such evidence exists?

Also, most of the allegations I've seen is this occurring in solidly blue states, like California and New York where the Democratic voter margin is larger anyway. Clinton won California by over 3 million votes. Trump alleges that there were 3-5 million illegal votes. But, if you're trying to orchestrate election rigging, what the fuck is the point of carrying a state that would likely tip blue anyway by a 3 million vote surplus? Why not focus resources in swing states that were close; Ohio, North Carolina, Wisconsin etc etc. All these illegal votes are largely useless in CA and NY but a far smaller number would have made a massive difference in other states. Orchestrating/permitting widespread voter fraud to the tune of millions is a massive ordeal, having the end result be the same as having not had it happen at all is nonsensical.
    You can take 4 million Democrat votes from CA and NY and have them still go to Clinton. You can split 500,000 Democrat votes between NC, WI, MI, and FL and tip all those states to Clinton, thus she carries the election by a comfortable margin and its close enough not to really raise any red flags. And so on. The scenario makes no sense.
    We already recounted states and found nothing wrong. I don't understand the point of revisiting this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    We already recounted states and found nothing wrong. I don't understand the point of revisiting this topic.
    Hey, I'm not the one you need to convince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Or it should be a national holiday with most people off of work.
    If they did that people would bitch that they cant do anything other than vote that day because everything is closed. Also people wouldnt be able to get gas if they are low to get to polling stations. Plus it would require businesses to not only lose a days worth of profits, but lose money because they still have to pay everyone for not working

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Oh, you mean you don't understand the point of the EO...
    That's ok. I'm sure no one with any sense else does either..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Everyone gets a free birth certificate when they are born, if you lost it then youre irresponsible. Tough shit if you have to jump through hoops to get another
    Nope... I actually don't have one. I was born in USSR, but since I was a refugee, I had to go through a year and a half long vetting process between Italy and Australia. From the time I made it to US, after crossing the border into Poland, it was no longer USSR, but Ukrain. All of my requests to both Ukrainian consulate and the Russian one, came back without any results.

And we DO need a more secure way of conducting absentee voting. Way to easy to vote fraudulently that way
    Tell Trump and GOP that... because the issue is in person voting, not absentee. This solution, will inevitably cause less American citizens to vote, while a solution Trump or GOP has no issue with, which would increase citizens voting, is already in use. Call up your GOP representative and ask them why your demand to review absentee voting, is being ignored. You also might want to check party voting numbers for absentee voting, to save your self some bullshit. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

If they did that people would bitch that they cant do anything other than vote that day because everything is closed. Also people wouldnt be able to get gas if they are low to get to polling stations. Plus it would require businesses to not only lose a days worth of profits, but lose money because they still have to pay everyone for not working
    Voting is more important than anything you said. It's a fundamental right and absentee or compulsory voting would solve all of your issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep all you have to do is answer yes to the question are you a US citizen on the license application (supposedly under penalty of law if you lie, but they never verify) and then you can register to vote
    Nope, pants on fire liar. Your ID is checked against a registrar, if people can just fake their way on a registrar, then having them show ID is moot. It will match their initial lie anyway... meaning, the issue is registration and ID don't matter, because the ID confirms your registration not your citizenship.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump is signing E.O.s at a record-breaking rate because it's the only way Only He Can Fix It. It's all about consolidating power.

"But didn't he criticize Obama for -- "

Yep. Complete hypocrite.
    The difference (and Trumps complaint about Obama) is that Obama used EOs to write legislation (Congress job), and Trump does not

7+ Year Old Account
    The commission is vital because it can use federal data about peoples’ citizenship to help states check the eligibility of people on their voting rolls, Kobach said. “The federal government has a database of all known non-citizens residing in or visiting the United States … never before has that database been used to run [checks] against the databases of voter rolls in each state,” he said.

Some states have asked for federal data to check their voter-rolls, but “we’ve always been turned down” by the federal government, said Kobach. Election watchers in several states, including Texas and Virginia, have concerns about ineligible voters on their rolls, he said.
    But the new bipartisan commission is already being scorched by the Democrats’ pro-diversity coalition, including the ACLU, which is pressuring Democrats to boycott the bipartisan panel.
    I think every State should run checks against the databases of voter rolls prior to elections every two years. The fact that the Democrats are already lining up against it tells me that these checks need to be made mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Thank God. This has been an issue for a long time.
    This has been exactly a non issue. Except for white people not wanting black people to vote...ie republicans.

This is where you probably trot out the line that republicans freed the slaves etc etc. And where I tell you while it was the republican party who did so, the voting base switched and the people who used to be democrats pro slavery are now republicans. So let's just skip that whole bit.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference (and Trumps complaint about Obama) is that Obama used EOs to write legislation (Congress job), and Trump does not
    I think pretty much anyone with a brain recognizes that the president would have been made a lame duck if he didn't use executive orders to lead. Mainly because of the racists in america who voted a bunch of white people to lockstep Obama

The differences between the two are hardly comparable, one was forced into it the other signs them because he doesn't understand government.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This doesn't surprise me that you commit voter fraud...
    Not one bit.
    I dont commit it, I was giving an example of what someone who does would say, which is why I eneded it with "its a typical response"

10+ Year Old Account
    From the article you responded to:

Presidents frequently turn to executive orders when they struggle to advance their agendas through Congresses controlled by the opposition party. In Trump's case, he's struggled even though both houses of Congress are in the hands of Republicans; his health care bill never even came for a vote in the House of Representatives after it drew sharp criticism from moderate and conservative Republicans alike.
    White House aides said that Trump will have signed 32 executive orders by Friday, the most of any president in their first 100 days since World War II. That's a far cry from Trump's heated campaign rhetoric, in which he railed against his predecessor's use of executive action late in his tenure as President Barack Obama sought to maneuver around a Republican Congress. Trump argued that he, the consummate deal maker, wouldn't need to rely on the tool.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I think every State should run checks against the databases of voter rolls prior to elections every two years. The fact that the Democrats are already lining up against it tells me that these checks need to be made mandatory.
    Ever think that democrats line up against this kind of thing because of the understanding that trump and his lackees really can't be trusted to do anything correctly? He's one of the most deplorable corrupt presidents in history, and you're wondering why anyone with integrity would be opposed to what he and his new chairman from kansas consider voter suppression?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Ever think that democrats line up against this kind of thing because of the understanding that trump and his lackees really can't be trusted to do anything correctly? He's one of the most deplorable corrupt presidents in history, and you're wondering why anyone with integrity would be opposed to what he and his new chairman from kansas consider voter suppression?
    It's not just democrats. One of Trump's loudest opposition is McCain, a republican. His healthcare didn't go up for a vote because of democrats, but conservative republicans. Democrats do not control congress, but Trump still is breaking executive order records, because of republican opposition. This isn't just DNC v RNC, if not for "Trumpkins", Trump being a horrible president would be a uniting factor for the country.

You know, just like saying Hillary and Trump were the worst candidates in history, was something both Trump and Hillary supporters could agree on. Now that Hillary is out of the picture, why aren't we still agreeing that Trump is horrible?

Good. We need an investigation into the GoP's fraud and suppression of voters.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Glad you agree that vote by mail is the better option.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You know, just like saying Hillary and Trump were the worst candidates in history, was something both Trump and Hillary supporters could agree on. Now that Hillary is out of the picture, why aren't we still agreeing that Trump is horrible?
    That's an easy one to answer. Because it was never about who was more horrible to them -- It was all about making the other side angry. In a nutshell it doesn't matter what awful things Trump and Co. do as long as it enrages Democrats/Liberals....even if it involves cutting off their own legs at the knees a la Trumpcare.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Or it should be a national holiday with most people off of work.
    No need for any of that if we vote by mail nationally. It's really pretty great and works well in states that have moved to vote like mail - like my state of Washington. My ballot shows up a couple of weeks before the election. I can take my time, read about the various initiatives and really get the chance to do my homework and make an informed decision. Then I vote, mail back my ballot (or drop it off at a drop-off location) by the day of the election and done. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

If that helps you sleep at night, but really you're just a hypocrite.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Glad you agree that vote by mail is the better option.
    We do it in Washington. It works off the same registration as IDs would be checked against. Gets mailed at a rate of 1 per registered voter, so no fake address conspiracy. Then your signature is verified against the on the registration form. It even shows that absentee voters are more likely to vote Republican. If that is an accurate depiction of voting average and not showing the results of disenfranchised DNC claims ID causes, then GOP should gain votes.

There are no claims of millions of voter fraud in WA, is there? No claims of ISIS voting as the troops stationed in Iraq? Solution is there... it just doesn't have the political foundation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah no, you have no fucking clue what it takes to register to vote, or know that it is more than just saying your name at the check in for voting. Its a bit more complicated than that.

You say you know 3 that did it, but cannot site any evidence that they did it. I can say a lot of shit and not back it up too.
    What i sited there is straight off the the web site to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    What i sited there is straight off the the web site to vote.
    You did... now list the vetting process for the registration...