Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Pakistan to jail anyone who 'eats openly' during Ramadan

Saus: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1406760...-ramazan-bill/

Anyone caught smoking or eating openly during Ramadan in Pakistan will be slapped a three-month prison term.

Senator Tanveer Khan told a Standing Committee that a hard line should be taken on anyone breaking the rule, which would also see them fined 500 rupees (£3.70).

TV channels and cinemas that violate the law will be fined a minimum of 500,000 rupees (£3,700).

Minister of State for Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony Pir Amin Ul Hasnat Shah also suggested closing down cinemas for the entire duration of the holy month.

Muslims are forced to fast during the day from before sunrise to just after sunset during Ramadan – meaning no food or drink, as well as no signs of affections to spouses in public.
    Madness.. This is why separation of church and state is so important..

Their country, their laws/rules. Don't like it? Don't go there.

I guess I'm not going there for my honeymoon!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not as ridiculous as Indonesia, where a politician got two years in jail for blasphemy against Islam.

Pakistan being backward is not exactly a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Pretty much this.

So another society has a different set of morals and culture and the OP thinks it is madness. Dude, get out more.

That would be one of the last reasons i would stay away anyways, pretty much all travel agencies warns about going there.

Terrorist attacks and attacks on religious minorities to name a few.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-05-11 at 10:58 PM.

It is a pretty good thing to point to when asked "Why does it matter if they're not separated." I'm sure the handful people who end up arrested will be told the same "don't love it, then leave it" line.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

7+ Year Old Account
    Step 1) Go to post on how Pakistan is insane with the degree that the state and state religion are intertwined.
    Step 2) Defend insanity by saying that it's their country, implying that you cannot discuss the internal politics of foreign nations and it isn't anyone else's place to judge.
    Step 3) ???
    Step 4) Profit

OT:
    It's about what I would expect from Pakistan. This is the same country that has outlawed homosexual relations, then urges homosexuals to have sexual reassignment surgeries to partake in sexual relations.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

it's already a shithole, but i guess if anyone didn't know, this will help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Being able to criticize bad ideas without getting offended should be something that the west embraces. This is a bad idea... for any country.
    The west this, the west that. Why should anyone care what the west thinks about their country?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Pretty much this.

So another society has a different set of morals and culture and the OP thinks it is madness. Dude, get out more.
    Glad you are OK with people being imprisoned for the horrific crime of eating.. I suppose you are ok with killing gays for being gay too?

Are you seriously saying we cannot criticize something if it's not happening in our own countries?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Pretty much this.

By extension, are you then OK with religious fundamentalism of ISIS and their treatment of civilians in their occupied territories? Because, you know, different set of morals and culture.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Because this forum is mostly full of people from the west. Restricting people's freedom due to makebelieve is not smart.
    Okay, so you can sit here and circlejerk about how you think you're better than the rest of the world that doesn't share your ideas. Great. What does that achieve other than circlejerking?

The fun of ejaculating. Duh?
    Are you not aware of what circle jerk is?

It's not that unreasonable. If the country is mostly populated by people who are fasting, it's pretty rude to obnoxiously eat or smoke around them when they're weak and unable to eat or drink...for literally 12+ hours.

Compare it to burning a flag or stomping on a cross in one of the Christian US states. It's just about respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to criticize bad ideas without getting offended should be something that the west embraces. This is a bad idea... for any country.
    Only if you consider all religious laws, including those in the US to be bad. Otherwise, it's just the same nonsense with a foreign accent.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yup. And in my country, I can talk or laugh about other countries' rules all I want, without ever having any intention of going to said country.

Crazy how that works, eh?

I wouldnt fly over a muslim country let alone visit one!!

Nothing these people does surprises me anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you can sit here and circklejerk about how you think you're better than the rest of the world that doesn't share your ideas. Great. What does that achieve other than circlejerking?
    You're stream of illogic is incredible. If we were in your head-space of their country their rules, then why should we care about those countries at all? If we aren't going to be empathetic towards the plights of oppressed people in foreign states, why should we take in refugees? They aren't our problem when extrapolating from your logic, they're the result of internal politics of those nations and therefore aren't entitled to our empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    I wouldnt fly over a muslim country let alone visit one!!

Nothing these people does surprises me anymore
    Yeah, no prejudice there at all.

Malaysia is a pretty nice country to visit as a tourist, just so you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    You're stream of illogic is incredible. If we were in your head-space of their country their rules, then why should we care about those countries at all? If we aren't going to be empathetic towards the plights of oppressed people in foreign states, why should we take in refugees? They aren't our problem when extrapolating from your logic, they're the result of internal politics of those nations and therefore aren't entitled to our empathy.
    I have never said you should take refugees, so what are you talking about?