View Poll Results: Should mounts in older dungeons and raids (pre-current expac) drop within 50 runs?

Voters
289. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Eventually you should be rewarded for all your effort.

69 23.88%
  • No - Get it the old fashioned way... loser.

203 70.24%
  • Other - Explained below cause Yes or No is not an option for me.

17 5.88%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No, the system as it works right now is fine. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Also, no - not any removal. Making those mounts 1% adds incentive to both more casual players doing that content 2 expansions down the line and those who are doing current content in that they will have to keep playing at a sufficient level to continue having bragging awards.

None of that "I once participated in a heroic raid tier and now I can sit on my unobtainable mount forever look at how hardcore I am." bullshit, which some people, mindbogglingly, do not consider casual.

There are so many mounts people shouldnt feel like they need to get them all; older ones shouldnt be acessible.
    Naxx dragons and SoO wolf worked like that, i dont know why they didnt do the same with rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Here's the problem I have with the opinion though. Exactly what reason is removing stuff from a game a good thing? A thing that in no way impacts anything. If someone could give me a feasible answer I could start to see the other side, but I've yet to hear/come up with anything that supports it.
    When things are limited you get highly increased player participation in the content when it's current. Thousands of people came back to the game to get the guaranteed wolf mount from killing Garrosh in MoP, just to get that mount.

Players in very casual guilds often (or always afaik, I've never not seen people type it) say they don't care about pushing content while it's current for 100% mounts because a couple of xpacs down the road they'll be able to have an easier time in terms of time and effort just solo farming that 1% drop chance every week. If those mounts were limited to the xpac many more people would participate in mythic raiding, which would increase the player pool and help a lot of struggling raiding guilds out.

And if those particular mounts were still available during the next xpac, but at a low drop chance, you can outlevel it but don't have legacy buff yet so it still requires a group, knowing that it would be going away forever when the next xpac and legacy buff does come would create lots of players grouping together consistently every week for that.

It would be nice, but would it be fair for the players who ran it 500 times and got it before the bad luck protection was implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    It's been a joke since Vanilla, a half decent geared team could clear the whole thing in about 20mins.
    The drop chance of the mount has never changed as far as I know, it was, and always has been a 1% chance or so, similar to the Runeblade.

I think you are just pulling numbers out of your ass with all honesty. But the point still stands, if someone has been doing the same dungeon 4-5 times a week for 12 years, then there should be some form of protection added to ensure that the chance becomes slightly higher for them. Prestige is meaningless, because the prestige was having it at the limited time period (such as Mythic only mounts) during the expansion.
    You can look it up yourself;

Patch 3.0.2 changed the drop chance from 0.02 to 1% (http://www.wowhead.com/item=13335/de...reins#comments)

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Deathcharger%27s_Reins
    http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/...rger%27s_Reins

Lol 20 minute clears in Vanilla.. hahahahah I think your the one pulling numbers out of your ass.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You do know you could swarm through Stratholme in 20mins with a team of 10 t2+ geared people on a regular basis (even faster if you )? Easiest way to farm blue shards for enchants. Scholo and Dire Maul also. Many guilds did it as a guild run thing a few times a week. I know ours did, or are you one of those "Vanilla was hard, yo!" when wearing greens and blues?
    The whole Baron Run 45But multiple fast runs worked wonders for farming rep for Naxx to get cheaper entry, and the increased shard speed made it the choice for many.

Also, Wowhead isn;t an accurate reflection of numbers during that period, as you had to upload the data at the time using the WoWhead client iirc, so the numbers going back a long time were pretty skewed. This was a long time before Armoury even existed and numbers could be pulled from there, so Vanilla things and such are pretty off in their data. But the data change by Blizzard makes sense, but it was never hard to obtain, just time consumning.
    Eventually they were changed to 5 man limits, basically right after tier 2.5 came out.

Crafted blues were some of the best items in the game yo
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    It would be nice, but would it be fair for the players who ran it 500 times and got it before the bad luck protection was implemented.
    Why not have the system reward the player who already has the necessary number of runs in their Achievement Statistics. If they add the system, and see you have 500 LK Kills, you log in to Invincible waiting in your mailbox. Would be fairly easy to implement. But it appears the bulk of those queried want people to farm til they die.