10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Notarized or is it fine not to? Down payment on a car outside of a dealer

I'm about to make a down payment on a car and i was wondering if i should get it notarized or would it be fine to just have the people sign their names, date and how much i paid them and then use their personal stamp?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I'm about to make a down payment on a car and i was wondering if i should get it notarized or would it be fine to just have the people sign their names, date and how much i paid them and then use their personal stamp?
    Any document that could potentially be used as evidence in a court room or legal proceeding (like if you need to prove ownership) should be notarized. If you're worried about getting screwed over by someone, have it notarized. What if he calls the deal off and refuses to refund your payment? How can you prove the payment was made and he agreed it was made if it's not notarized?

This is really a question that depends on your state or country's law. Most states have a clearly defined process for private party sales. Why are you making a down payment in a private party sale?
    Beta Club Brosquad

It's cheap to have something notarized at least around here. I can't see a reason not to.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Dealing with a old lady so >.> she was making a fit about just going to a ups store to get a document notarized even though shes going to get 600 for it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Why don't you just pay the full sum of cash get the car and drive away?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Why don't you just pay the full sum of cash get the car and drive away?
    Dont have it atm only make 550 per 2 weeks and its 1700