Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was very much on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    no and I dont care

I want you either gone or staying on-topic
    And I'd wish the mods would just ban you since your rudeness, hostility and overall insulting behaviour towards anyone who doesn't lick your behind are destroying any opportunity for discussion and comparisons, not only to AMD offers, but to intel's offers as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaspar View Post
    And I'd wish the mods would just ban you since your rudeness, hostility and overall insulting behaviour towards anyone who doesn't lick your behind are destroying any opportunity for discussion and comparisons, not only to AMD offers, but to intel's offers as well.
    Whats fun for me is, hes calling me a Ryzen fanboy and toxic to anything thats non AMD, to someone that owns a Intel 5820K.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaspar View Post
    you mean like your post is ?

stop talking out of your ass maybe and then you'd see that there is plenty of discussion in post #710

but instead we have a salty 5820K owner here derailing

So if I got this right... 8700 / 8700K will be hexa-core?

Will 8600 / 8600K be hexa-core as well?

And the L3 cache is still tiny at 2MB per core when it should be 64MB or even 128MB (total) but I guess that's Intel's way of throtteling performance so that every new generation is guaranteed to be an improvement over the previous one.

And 4-way L2 cache? Intel is really going backwards. /shakes head
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-07-23 at 10:48 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post

Yes without Hyperthreading.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Yes without Hyperthreading.
    That's nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do think Intel is going to have to lower pricing on Coffee though.

Im excited to see the 8700k benchmarks when released, but if they dont plain kick AMDs ass with the R5 1600, then they will have to price it accordingly. And the 8600k will have to be sub $199 as there is no HT on it while AMDs all have SMT.

Personally, I think the 8600 should replace the 4c/4t 7700k chips and be priced somewhere in the $219 range, while the 8700K at $269 but Intel most likely will not go that low on the flagship consumer chip.

10+ Year Old Account

And the L3 cache is still tiny at 2MB per core when it should be 64MB or even 128MB (total) but I guess that's Intel's way of throtteling performance so that every new generation is guaranteed to be an improvement over the previous one.

And 4-way L2 cache? Intel is really going backwards. /shakes head
    Not really sure if you're just looking at it and think it's automatically bad or something. In fact everything you just mentioned is what they have right now for their i7 Skylake/Kabylake chips. So it's not moving backwards. It's just being the same.

What you're asking for is impossible. At 64/128MB it'd be gigantic for an L3$ and increased complexity.

15+ Year Old Account

Im excited to see the 8700k benchmarks when released, but if they dont plain kick AMDs ass with the R5 1600, then they will have to price it accordingly. And the 8600k will have to be sub $199 as there is no HT on it while AMDs all have SMT.

Personally, I think the 8600 should replace the 4c/4t 7700k chips and be priced somewhere in the $219 range, while the 8700K at $269 but Intel most likely will not go that low on the flagship consumer chip.
    As far as pricing goes, it's highly likely they'll price it the same if not ~30 USD higher than the 7700K.

And to be fair it's clear the 7700K does have the edge in games compared to both Ryzen and Skylake-X.
    In fact Skylake-X and Ryzen are pretty damn identical in gaming performance for the most part in games.

If anything you should expect an 8700K to be like a 7700K just slower clocked.
    (And coincidentally exactly specced like I said it would be but no... I "move goalposts and don't know WTF I'm talking about" right? (not aimed at you))

By all indications however Intel did "develop" LGA1151-v2 ... but due to Ryzen's success they may have pulled the whole v2 crap and allow backwards compatibility since they have actual competition now.
    So yeah it could at least be a step in the right direction ... even if it's a forced one.

8700K should be, if equally clocked at least, the new top-of-the-line gaming CPU.
    Unless they've sacrificed IPC or messed up something in the design of Coffee Lake.

Which is also entirely possible still since they moved the launch of Coffee Lake up 3 quarters and if there's one thing that's deadly with uArchitecture design it's rushing things ... having said that I'm pretty sure Intel had the designs for Coffee Lake ready and waiting to attempt some more artificial milking.

However that said... it won't change much in the overall picture.
    If prices will be the same or higher to their equivalent i5/i7 models right now then the 7700K and 8700K will still be the only ones one should buy.
    Anything below that is Ryzen territory simply because of price/performance.

Im curious if z170 boards will be able to accept coffee lake. In the middle of upgrading my HTPC and there is an open box z170 board at my microcenter for dirt cheap, would be awesome if down the road i could swap a 6 core coffee into it lol.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you overestimate AMD, they are not big enough for Intel to go crazy about. Price will be on the same level if not more expensive, just like it goes now. If Intel would feel so threatened they'd cut prices now, but they didn't because ultimately AMD simply can't put up the supply to make them more than a nuisance at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not really sure if you're just looking at it and think it's automatically bad or something. In fact everything you just mentioned is what they have right now for their i7 Skylake/Kabylake chips. So it's not moving backwards. It's just being the same.

What you're asking for is impossible. At 64/128MB it'd be gigantic for an L3$ and increased complexity.
    My 3770K has 8-way L2 cache so yes Intel is going backwards and my Core 2 Duo E8400 had 24-way L3 cache.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 3770K has 8-way L2 cache so yes Intel is going backwards and my Core 2 Duo E8400 had 24-way L3 cache.
    Okay... and...?
    You do know that there are pros and cons to having higher or lower right? Power, size, latency, and complexity. Saying it is better cause higher number isn't exactly how it works in reality. Higher way associativity increases all of the aforementioned but it does reduce cache misses. So it's not just so simple as you keep making it seem. Trade offs is pretty much the most essential part of engineering. Don't forget about it...
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-07-23 at 10:51 PM.

Thats wonderful guys, but does anyone know for sure if coffee will socket into a z170 board?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Thats wonderful guys, but does anyone know for sure if coffee will socket into a z170 board?
    Intel is weird going from LGA 1160 to LGA 1156 to LGA 1155 to LGA 1150 and finally to LGA 1151 so the next one might be LGA 1152.

10+ Year Old Account
    LGA 1151v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Okay... and...?
    You do know that there are pros and cons to having higher or lower right? Power, size, latency, and complexity. Saying it is better cause higher number isn't exactly how it works in reality. Higher way associativity increases all of the aforementioned but it does reduce cache misses. So it's not just so simple as you keep making it seem. Trade offs is pretty much the most essential part of engineering. Don't forget about it...
    No, no, no, no... more ways is always better than less ways and I'm positive that Intel could fit that 64MB L3 cache if they wanted to.

Intel is weird going from LGA 1160 to LGA 1156 to LGA 1155 to LGA 1150 and finally to LGA 1151 so the next one might be LGA 1152.
    When launching Skylake their said that LGA1151 will accept all mainstream 14nm chips. It could've changed though.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

People in this thread call skl-x a disaster while top Overclockers who know what they talk about praise them