Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

This was the passionate dev team of the original WoW.

Wonder if any of them are even still there....

13 Years later, I wonder what they think of the game WoW has become.

They went to Wildstar. And look how that turned out.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    The game was in good hands with Metzen, Kaplan etc.

We ended up with the shitshow of Chilton, Brack and Kosak in WoD. Thank god they left.

Doesn't matter how salty people are, Hazzikostas is the only person keeping this game alive atm. I mean, we have Allen as community manager, Holinka leading the continuous shitshow that is PvP and Afrasiabi in charge of lore. I'm suprised it hasn't collapsed under the weight of its own stupidity yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They went to Wildstar. And look how that turned out.
    Few of them did. Others went to other companies, but those were even less successful.

They unfortunately can't remake awesomeness of old WoW. Every attempt so far failed

Huge thanks to them for making this awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Few of them did. Others went to other companies, but those were even less successful.

They unfortunately can't remake awesomeness of old WoW. Every attempt so far failed

Huge thanks to them for making this awesome game.
    Yeah I didn't want to even mention the other projects.

I'm not really trying to bash them either, just saying it how it is. Evidently being "passionate" doesn't pay the bills anymore.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Bonfire Studios with Rob Pardo and some other people from Blizzard are making interesting noises, so I have some hope. I think the big mistake these companies make is to try to jump straight into making an MMORPG. Instead they should systematically build the lore and universe with smaller, simpler titles. Only after that go for an MMORPG.

Looking at what Jeff's doing with Overwatch, I think he was the single most important factor in the initial success of the game.

Doesn't matter how salty people are, Hazzikostas is the only person keeping this game alive
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I imagine all of them are amazed millions are still playing 15 years down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Looking at what Jeff's doing with Overwatch, I think he was the single most important factor in the initial success of the game.
    Perhaps, look what happened with Titan his other project.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

And yet he was hated at the time when he was the lead-dev. Just like Chilton and Ghostcrawler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have to thank that original crew for starting such a great game..

Games evolve though, and blizzards think tank has obviously kept it going this long

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I imagine all of them are amazed millions are still playing 15 years down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

If Overwatch is the remnant of a failed project, he did really damn well. Normally a failed project would be just that. However, he put together an amazingly popular games from what was left over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Wonder if any of them are even still there....

13 Years later, I wonder what they think of the game WoW has become.

atyleast about half of them still are yes, maybe 1/2 now that i think about it

i mean it has been 13 fucking years do you really think that every single person ever should spend 13+ years in a job?

also thats the warcraft 3 team, not the world of warcraft team, so.... nice try

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

- - - Updated - - -

well we dont know how it was doing, but they didnt think it felt right, so they moved over to overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    atyleast about half of them still are yes, maybe 1/2 now that i think about it

i mean it has been 13 fucking years do you really think that every single person ever should spend 13+ years in a job?

also thats the warcraft 3 team, not the world of warcraft team, so.... nice try

- - - Updated - - -

well we dont know how it was doing, but they didnt think it felt right, so they moved over to overwatch
    Werent the WC3 and WoW teams largely the same?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

It's stupid to look at the old dev team wistfully like this, but on the other hand, they didn't have a blue-haired Dumbo-eared creep playing WoW on a tablet as lead class dev.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

If Overwatch is the remnant of a failed project, he did really damn well. Normally a failed project would be just that. However, he put together an amazingly popular games from what was left over.
    We have no idea what has carried over. They did say Tracer is much like one of Titans main characters, beyond that who knows. They did drop over 2 years and a lot of money into it. Being one of the head people he by job description is responsible for many of its failures. He has said communication broke down and they worked very hard to make sure that didn't happen again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm sure they are pleasnetly happy with the stock options they had and the money they made. Along with creating the best MMO to date. They've been able to go on and attempt other projects because of what they created here and the money they made. I'm sure they don't mind where WoW is, because if it hadn't evolved it would be totally dead in the water as a highly outdated game with dead game systems.

It's tech, it is always evolve or die.

They think "how the fuck could we let this shit get so out of hand?"

This concept of "fail" is based on nothing, when projects are canceled like that, most of the time it's not even because it's a bad idea. Sometimes the timing is bad, the genre of game doesn't have a good place in the market at the expected release date, it's all based on a ton of market research. Titan was supposed to be some kind of MMOFPS, oddly enough, destiny 2 was also in the making, already has a fanbase, and activision is kinda behind these 2, wouldn't make much sense to compete in such manner.

Maybe Titan would have been a hit with the original concept, we'll never know, games are often canned for reasons much deeper than "a fail".

A big thing people need to keep in mind is that, as people age, they can change drastically. Especcially if they get much more well off in life.

May be why everytime a veteran wow dev goes elseware, what they make isnt very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    This concept of "fail" is based on nothing, when projects are canceled like that, most of the time it's not even because it's a bad idea. Sometimes the timing is bad, the genre of game doesn't have a good place in the market at the expected release date, it's all based on a ton of market research. Titan was supposed to be some kind of MMOFPS, oddly enough, destiny 2 was also in the making, already has a fanbase, and activision is kinda behind these 2, wouldn't make much sense to compete in such manner.

Maybe Titan would have been a hit with the original concept, we'll never know, games are often canned for reasons much deeper than "a fail".
    The devs themselves maintain that it messed up and they salvaged Overwatch from it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg