Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I support a zero tolerance policy on people that use drugs (outside of actual medical reasons).

They should also be excluded from any form or healthcare, welfare or any other form of tax payer support.
    Problem is the war on drugs resulted in minimal damage to the actual drug dealers while overloading the prisons with non violent offenders. It also heavily targets marijuana over other drugs even though marijuana is significantly less dangerous than even legal ones like fucking alcohol.

It didn't accomplish any of its stated goals and only accomplished disrupting minority communities through the additional targeting they received (despite whites being just as likely to abuse drugs) and line the pockets of the for profit prison industry. It's one of the biggest wastes of tax payer dollars the US has ever seen.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-05-13 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I support a zero tolerance policy on people that use drugs (outside of actual medical reasons).

They should also be excluded from any form or healthcare, welfare or any other form of tax payer support.
    So your avatar is ironic, or is this just a complete lack of self-awareness?

When will they give up this derailed idea?

why? what do you think drugs makes a person do? have you tried any yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Problem is the war on drugs resulted in minimal damage to the actual drug dealers while overloading the prisons with non violent offenders. It also heavily targets marijuana over other drugs even though marijuana is significantly less dangerous than even legal ones like fucking alcohol.

It didn't accomplish any of its stated goals and only accomplished disrupting minority communities through the additional targeting they received (despite whites being just as likely to abuse drugs) and line the pockets of the for profit prison industry. It's one of the biggest wastes of tax payer dollars the US has ever seen.
    didnt i prove already that USA is not a for profit prison system? (yet at least)

less than 10% of inmates are in private prisons. how the fuck is that a profit prison industry? cmon man use the fucking brain you were given.

also stop saying minorities when you are referring to blacks. not all minorities had this problem you speak of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm sorry I have to be the one to break this to you, but Keebler elves aren't real. The cookies are made by machines, just like every other mass produced cookies.
    /facepalm

how does he (wryt) not understand? what do they put in the water over there? im guessing lead
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-05-13 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    When will they give up this derailed idea?
    Considering basing their political platform around shitting on large swathes of people just recently won them a lot of power, I'm going to go with "never."

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    why? what do you think drugs makes a person do? have you tried any yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

didnt i prove already that USA is not a for profit prison system? (yet at least)

less than 10% of inmates are in private prisons. how the fuck is that a profit prison industry? cmon man use the fucking brain you were given.

also stop saying minorities when you are referring to blacks. not all minorities had this problem you speak of.

- - - Updated - - -

/facepalm

how does he (wryt) not understand? what do they put in the water over there? im guessing lead

That is why I bailed on the conversation last night. I knew it was like talking to a brick wall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So your avatar is ironic, or is this just a complete lack of self-awareness?
    It's a chocolate cig breh.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Good luck to them, that's a war they can't afford to wage and will lose if they try. California is the backbone of this country and will step up to any threat towards states' rights on marijuana, especially medicinal usage. Colorado will be just fine. They have the support of the vast majority of the nation.
    I'm not sure if that's true, send federal agents to raid a few dispensaries in Cali and Colorado and lock up the owners/employees + anyone who happens to be in the store, the rest of the businesses will close up pretty quickly after that. What the nation wants hasn't seemed to matter very much to the administration so far, I don't know why this would be different.

10+ Year Old Account

Ignorant as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    By calling someone a "Keebler elf" aren't you being a bit bigoted yourself? Tolerant people don't call other people names.
    I apologize to all the Keebler elves I have offended.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

7+ Year Old Account
    It never want away and why would it? Drugs are bad, mkay?

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    It never want away and why would it? Drugs are bad, mkay?
    Yeah, thay are... but that should be taken as a health issue, not a justice issue
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah, thay are... but that should be taken as a health issue, not a justice issue
    Addicts tend to steal or mug or worse kill people to fuel their addiction.

So charge them for theft, murder, robbery and stuff.... As any sane person would.

You have any study that backs that up (that the problem is a legal one, not a health one, so maintaining the drugs illegal and enforcing the law is actually good)? In a statistically significant manner? I'm honestly curious. I mean, most of the problems of the drugs come for how you tackle the problem (making them illegal).
    Otjer countries instead chose to tackle the problem as health one, and the crime went down dramatically
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Besides for profit prison system, lets not forget what a huge racket the prison systems are in a lot of states. they make up one of the largest unions and employers in my state and if they were not able to maintain the level of incarcerated folks here the state would have even worse financial trouble, not to mention whenever they talk about closing a jail or laying off prison workers its a minor riot in this state.

when things start getting a bit lean at the jails/prisons they do a "round up" of people on probation/parole hitting them with "violations" that either don't exist or are so minor that by the time they get in front of a judge it gets dismissed but they have already served 90+ days on the violation.

Also these unions are the same unions as the Cops, Probation officers, Parole officers, Judicial system workers, Judges, and public defenders.....do you see the conflict of interest here yet?

its a huge industry, profit or not....making money either for a corporation, unions or spending your taxpayer money in such wasteful ways.