Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    TD was not BS, BS was already completed when TD was still on the map. TD most likely became Argus or Argus related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Like when they mentioned Farahlon and then cut it and a bunch of idiots were mad about Farahlon getting cut even though they had no idea what it actually would have included.
    People that actually wanted to go to Farahlon, the people that enjoy the lore, those are the people that were upset.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Legion was a three tier expansion at the Blizzcon they announced it with TD being in.
    Wrong, we simply didn't know it until they confirmed 3 tiers in series of interviews in June 2016.

I love how people are complaining about them scrapping something that HAD NOTHING ON IT. Whatever they originally had planned for it didn't pan out
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Thal'Dranath was the original name for Broken Shore, then they decided to redo it a bit, less elven ruin and more fel blighted mess.

World Quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This:

That's right! Nothing!
    Wait, are you claiming that Blizzard made a claim and then didn't deliver?

I don't believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise, we got Thal'dranath. The Broken Shore is that island.

Content wise, probably a mixture of both Argus and Broken Shore, or maybe even another zone in the future. The reasoning behind the scrapping was because they simply didn't like the idea and didn't think it was worth pouring resources into, this likely allowed them to focus more on the Broken Shore, Argus, and potentially another zone instead. And despite how Broken Shore was (and is being) delivered, it is an overall well done zone.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-05-13 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    TD was not BS, BS was already completed when TD was still on the map. TD most likely became Argus or Argus related.

- - - Updated - - -

People that actually wanted to go to Farahlon, the people that enjoy the lore, those are the people that were upset.
    What lore? They literally never said anything about Farahlon other than that it was a place.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Wait, are you claiming that Blizzard made a claim and then didn't deliver?

I don't believe it.
    If we're going to act snarky well....

BLIZZARD CUTS CONTENT? NO WAY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothrinz View Post
    Broken Shore
    I think it is Argus.

I'd assume it was going to be thaldranath+raid in 7.2/7.2.5 then broken shore in 7.3 and 7.3.5. So broken shore got pushed forward a patch and argus replaced thaldranath.

Argus. They already stated this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Maybe it was ToV and Return to Karazhan.
    Well blizzard did say ToV was kinda a filler raid. Designed to give the top raiders something to progress on as they were getting bored of EN. But also to close up a storyline which may have gotten the cata treatment.

RoK I think was going to happen regardless. Blizzard did have plans for kara in WoD, but that was scrapped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    What is it with Blizzard and always showing some god forsaken island on a map for the new expansion. Then cutting it out which in turn creates a shit storm.
    It was pre-alpha and every zone but it was discussed in detail at Blizzcon. There was no mention of it which means the map was carried over from concept and design. They probably didn't have a new one updated in time for Blizzcon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

What lore? They literally never said anything about Farahlon other than that it was a place.
    Farahlon is what Netherstorm looked like prior to Draenor exploding.

Since we were getting a draenor before Ner'zhul went nuts on his portal fetish, you can see why there would be some people who wanted to see Farahlon as well.

But it looks like they merged Farahlon and Gorgrond at least in game. Since Farahlon was the main base of the Primals. But it seems Everbloom took that spot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like when they mentioned Farahlon and then cut it and a bunch of idiots were mad about Farahlon getting cut even though they had no idea what it actually would have included.
    The big difference was Farahlon was discussed in some detail and then later scrapped. So it sparked the interest of players as they started to hype it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing /10chr
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I'd assume it was going to be thaldranath+raid in 7.2/7.2.5 then broken shore in 7.3 and 7.3.5. So broken shore got pushed forward a patch and argus replaced thaldranath.
    Nah, they just shunted the Thal'dranath content to the Broken Shore and expanded it, instead of ignoring it after launch. Main reason they gave for scrapping was that it would just have been more Azsuna/Suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It was pre-alpha and every zone but it was discussed in detail at Blizzcon. There was no mention of it which means the map was carried over from concept and design. They probably didn't have a new one updated in time for Blizzcon.
    That's actually backwards. The pre-alpha maps didn't have Thal'dranath, but the Blizzcon map did, and Blizzard said that they were adding Thal'dranath as a patch zone during the Blizzcon Q&A. They later changed their minds on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    It was Argus. I don't remember where, but someone said "the team came up with something much cooler," and resulted in a story change from simply closing the portal in the tomb to going to Argus. The change WAS sometime in beta
    Ion said it during one of the podcast interviews.