Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You get better recruits by communicating, not trying to minimise that with rules aimed at simply giving you all the benefits for less work.
    You demand more, while trying to do less.
    That is what apparently defines leadership nowadays, doing as little of it as possible.

If you want to be a leader, actually try leading.
    Rather than leaching.

I expect those same people will be the ones who criticise the lack of community, the lack of "communication" due to group finders etc, when they are doing the very thing they say those tools are doing, removing the interaction and communication between players.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-14 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    Stop it.

You are sad because I disagreed with you and now you put words into my mouth.
    op i was on your side all the way until i saw these words. i agree with you that retard checks are dumb but starting off a long rant against another person with a hypocritical statement isnt going to help you at all.

It's a retard test. But it is testing the guild and not the applicant, and they failed it hard. A website design that looks like that just screams "we spent 30 seconds on this and that's the commitment level we use in the game as well."
    OP is better off without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna run my own guild and put in a line right at the end before a capture that says that the applicant must face a trivia quiz over discord exactly 24 hours after he applied. If he fails to show up on time because he overlooked that line, he is not good enough for our guild. STOP WASTING OUR TIME.

- - - Updated - - -

That's still dumb. Why would overlooking one intentionally tricky line be equivalent to other failed things? Imagine we had exams like that at university. It's retarded. Jesus one more reason not to be in one of these pretentious guilds.
    Because attention to detail is EXTREMELY important. You might disagree, but this guild does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who do this are ALWAYS low echelon folks who've never worked in a responsible position in a company. It's a high schooler's imagining of a sophisticated process. It's a dull person thinking that they're being clever, forgetting that the failure mode of clever is 'asshole'.

Rules? How about this? Don't be a jerk. That covers it. "Don't signup for a raid and not show" etc is just a more specific wording of that rule.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-05-14 at 05:38 AM.

The whole thing seems excessively tryhard to me.

We tell trials we want 3 things
    1) People at or about the same skill level
    2) Reliable (cba to beg people to sign and communicate etc)
    3) Don't be dicks

Then we get them in for a raid or two to see if we like each other.

I get more formal apps for better guilds but this one just strikes me as a "oh, look how clever we are" type. I'm sure generating 5 pages of low quality posts from people like monkeyinorbit is a notable highlight for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that makes sense to me is the cowardly, conflict-averse attitude the first response referred to, where they can weasel out of treating you like a person and just hide behind something inconsequential.

My guess would be this guild tried to do something like that and botched it because they're incompetent boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Oh, that's just chickenshit, man. "Telling a girl which I don't want to see anymore, that I don't like her, is just more offensive and time-consuming than simply ignoring them."

Yeah, or you could just... you know... tell them politely that they aren't a good fit. Or that they are just not up to the standards the guild is looking for, but good luck finding another guild. You know, like actual companies, the thing you elitist guilds are trying to emulate, are doing. They have the decency to send you a letter. But yeah, writing one sentence is asking too much. That just would take too long.

What an excuse.

And it's not even related to what I said in the post you quoted. The point is that the whole method isn't even doing anything for you, when the deciding factor is whether the application was good or not.
    You missed a key point in that post: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    Please, if you're a fucking casual guild, don't make people fill long forms (1) and don't put any (2) unecessary obstacles. All you really care about is numbers.
    Don't tell me/my guild should care about. Also don't tell me how I should run my guild, how the culture of my guild is shaped and how I vet applicants.
    Wow, that was a biggest pile of bullshit I've read in a long while.

I understand you being salty for failing their "captcha for idiots" check, but really? Was it that important? Did we need a whiny shitpost about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Don't tell me/my guild should care about. Also don't tell me how I should run my guild, how the culture of my guild is shaped and how I vet applicants.
    Wow, that was a biggest pile of bullshit I've read in a long while.

I understand you being salty for failing their "captcha for idiots" check, but really? Was it that important? Did we need a whiny shitpost about it?
    M'lord.

M'lord.

The irony of you posting that after creating one of the most self-effacing, egocentric and frankly non-sensical threads in recent memory is positively dripping.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I hope guilds that do stupid shit like this on apps keep doing it. It's good if the application shows the attitude of the officers, letting people who don't like that kind of shit just skip applying.
    I recently filled in a superlong app for a heroic only guild that seemed to be active, got accepted... found out they don't allow trials on their discord server. I don't know why I didn't leave right then and there. Stayed for two weeks and was barely spoken to, the social activity they promised was non-existent, the only dungeons that were advertised in guild chat were +2/+3 and tended to involve boosting officer alts. Raids were used to, you guessed it, gearing up officer alts. I was once given a piece of loot that nobody wanted, said I didn't need it either (according to my simmed statweights), and was rudely told to equip it because according to icy-vein statweights the item was better than my current.
    I should've just taken one look at that app and ran the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the guild website?

You overreact.

A. Its dumb to have this kind of question just to be "unique"
    B. Toting irrelevant raiding information (im 10/10m, so is anyone with blizzard bux)
    C. Good on them for declining you, because if you dont mesh with the circle jerk, then you probably would just end up causing problems in the raid
    D. Apping to guilds has always been cancerous, always will be

Why are you making such a big deal out of it? There are usually dozens of guilds you can apply to depending on your availability. On to the next one dude. The moment i see a guild with an overly complicated app, or asking retarded questions like "when did you start playing?", i move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    @cocacolawheresthesoda - Sounds like they did you a favor by keeping you out of "crazy town". Consider yourself lucky imo.

It's incredible an disgusting that people would treat gaming as if it was working life. Whackos.

- Our guild's rules can most easily be summed up as such. Don't be a jackass and don't waste everyone else's time. This is a team effort and should be treated as such.

My guild has several rules but this is only one i tell my recruits, it really sums shit up, you ran into some serious autists, I would just move on and join a different (probably better) guild if what you say about your progress is true.

After reading the whole thread i doubt that they rejected you only for missing their "how much attention did this guy spend filling this" check, a big red flag is that you waited 2 weeks to contact them about your application, you should have asked them after 72 hours for your application to show some interest even if they said they would contact you.