Huge slowdown after closing game

Recently updated my Win10 Pro installation, just kept running Windows Update until it had no more updates for me, so I'm assuming I have the latest patches or whatever. System info says that I'm running version 1607, with build 14393.1198 (which, a quick Google search shows, was released on May 9th, 2017!)

Played Overwatch for about an hour tonight, and while I was playing, everything else was fine. Chrome was fine, Skype was fine, there was no issue that I could see. But after I closed Overwatch, everything just went to shit. Typing in any program would take like 5 seconds to appear, windows were freezing and stuttering, just...everything, every single program including Explorer, was going insanely slow.

After two minutes it cleared up, but still, rather worrying. People have said that the "Game" mode causes this, but...I don't have any setting for that:

https://puu.sh/vPiqZ/05da3cc9b5.png

This only started happening today, after I ran Windows Update. I hadn't updated since about 14 months ago, so I had a ton of updates to go through. Never happened before the update, so I'm assuming it's something wrong with the newer Win10 version.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-14 at 02:59 AM.

Have you checked task manager while this is going on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Recently updated my Win10 Pro installation, just kept running Windows Update until it had no more updates for me, so I'm assuming I have the latest patches or whatever. System info says that I'm running version 1607, with build 14393.1198 (which, a quick Google search shows, was released on May 9th, 2017!)

After two minutes it cleared up, but still, rather worrying. People have said that the "Game" mode causes this, but...I don't have any setting for that:
    You don't have the Creator's Update installed (1703, build 15063.296), which is why you don't have settings for Game Mode. The release is being staggered by default, but can be forced if wanted.

1)There is a new update carred Creator's Update as mentioned above.

2)The game mode people are talking about in the Xbox APP.

I doubt it thats but a few latest updates did reset it , so if someone turned it off might not know its causing problems.

Avast has been known to cause problems with exiting WoW, if you have it, uninstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by apluscarp View Post
    Avast has been known to cause problems with exiting WoW, if you have it, uninstall it.
    I've had Avast for like a year now and it never caused any issues with any games, including WoW. This problem only started after I updated Windows.

I went ahead and updated my GPU drivers, since they were apparently 8 months out of date, and I disabled the "Game DVR" stuff within Windows, so let's see if that helps.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-20 at 03:14 AM.

....oookay, nevermind, it's still doing it.

Holy fucking shit, that one was the worst yet. Windows was lagging so heavily that two mouse pointers appeared. Nothing was working, even Ctrl+Alt+Del did nothing. I had to log into my computer (remote desktop) from my iPhone to get it to stop lagging so hard.

What the fuck is going on, Windows

This is what Error Log shows, when the slowdown started happening:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-20 at 03:18 AM.

Could you post your actual specs?

What you are experiencing can be a lot of things, from HDD/SDD deterioration to simple Windows Settings cause of low RAM capacity.

Maybe Windows Update fucked your Virtual Memory pagefile?

It's hard to diagnose a problem like this with so little info. Did you try killing unnecessary processes in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It's hard to diagnose a problem like this with so little info. Did you try killing unnecessary processes in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Could you post your actual specs?

What you are experiencing can be a lot of things, from HDD/SDD deterioration to simple Windows Settings cause of low RAM capacity.

Maybe Windows Update fucked your Virtual Memory pagefile?
    This never happened before I updated. It only started happening after the updates.

This never happened before I updated. It only started happening after the updates.
    Irrelevant, could be simply timing and you are blaming the update.

10 more million devices updated with creator's update, i am not seeing posts "ITS SLOWING DOWN" so its not it.

Try forcing Creator's Update , see if it changes it since you are running older one 1703 is the newest.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-21 at 02:14 PM.

Irrelevant, could be simply timing and you are blaming the update.
    I've had this computer for two years and it NEVER EVER did this....then all of a sudden it starts doing it over and over just after an update, and you think it's a coincidence?

come on

10 more million devices updated with creator's update, i am not seeing posts "ITS SLOWING DOWN" so its not it.
    Funny, googling "windows slow after closing game" brings up many other people having this same issue.

I've had this computer for two years and it NEVER EVER did this....then all of a sudden it starts doing it over and over just after an update, and you think it's a coincidence?

come on

Funny, googling "windows slow after closing game" brings up many other people having this same issue.
    Yeah okay, if you cant understand that its been over a year since your 1607 update and there is a new one and since you keep refusing to at least answer basic questions, good luck