Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not really sure, I leveled as elemental and it was pretty much a faceroll, never really had any issues. Earth Elemental acts as a personal tank so elite mobs don't really represent an issue (especially now on Broken Shore, soloing rares is pretty easy as ele, other than maybe 1-2 that do a lot of damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Not really sure, I leveled as elemental and it was pretty much a faceroll, never really had any issues. Earth Elemental acts as a personal tank so elite mobs don't really represent an issue (especially now on Broken Shore, soloing rares is pretty easy as ele, other than maybe 1-2 that do a lot of damage).
    That was totally different at the start of Legion. Elemental Shaman was absolutely awful for leveling and when you turned 110 and went to Suramar you had problems killing Rare Mobs (the normal ones) because your damage was minimal and your self healing non existant.

The downtimes as a DPS Shaman are pretty high compared to other specs (because Healing Surge is, as mentioned before, a pretty bad self healing skill). It's not that much better for Balance Druids though.

I am going to guess that you are a person, much like myself, that likes to economize and save your cd's. This does not work so well with shammys and it is the reason I suck at playing one.....

Not every class is suitable for every player. Sometimes the play-style just goes against your personality. I also have issues with sub rogues for the exact same reason... some part of me just refuses to use those buttons when I really should.

Playing enhance was kinda squishy at points with multiple mobs for me not tried elemental.

Leveled from 1-60 as resto - used my free boost - 100-110 as elemental. I didn't have any issues what so ever, I had more issues on my pally tbh

Deleted
    I leveled 100-110 as Resto because I wanted to find out how true the "healers will be able to deal more damage" thing was, that they advertised as a feature for Legion. It still took forever but at least I had no problems surviving, and Resto is my main spec anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started 100 as ele, was brutal. changed to enhance. Levels just flew by.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-05-14 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    How can Shaman be squishy? It wears chain mail.

You will not complain if you leveled a mage before.
    Oddly enough, I find my mage being less squishy than my shaman was leveling up which is funny because you'd think stronger armor would be a bit more sturdier. So far only thing on a shaman I've felt that made it a bit easier, survival wise, is having Prydaz equipped.

1-10? YES

you don't have any of the enhancement skills and your spells feel slow and you don't get any of the fun filler abilities of any specc till like 30...

Wow. Another good thread from noob op to let people get higher number of posts. Much wow.

Deleted
    I dont really remember having too much drama leveling as ele at all.

Always queuing for dungeons while questing helps stay ahead of the gear curve a little since as dps takes ages for the queue to pop, and is actually a welcome change to grinding and ok xp.

For high hp single mobs or elites between thunderstorm, icefury, earthbind and gust of wind there was no problems kiting while big damage from eleblast LvB and stormkeeper burst them down, even if you get into trouble you have fire ele or earth ele to help as well as AS on a 1.5min cd.

For mass pulls it was round them up easy 7+ mobs stun totem, stormkeeper dump maelstrom into earthquake and use Astral shift then spam CL/EQ till they were dead then on next mass pull use Earth Ele and by the next time AS etc is all back up.

Just kinda sounds like you were not using the full toolkit available when your gear is still lowish, its only when you start getting high ilvl gear that you one shot things as ele as you need the mastery for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I made a /cast [@player] Rainfall macro and popped it anytime i pulled more than one mob or on the mini bosses and my survivability sky rocketed.

It's great for levelling, heals for a ton and the other options on that tier suck for soloing
    The talent definitely helped me. I was so squishy like I had to heal everytime, it was kinda annoying. With this, and the proc rates of lava and SB helped a lot to overcome it.
    I hardly used the Feral Lunge in Open world quest so I'm glad I took the other one.
    I'm glad I've read that post, thank you.

Deleted
    I always found Mages to be way worse to level up due to the cast times. TP ability and food is nice but I'd rather have extra base movement speed, self heals and better queue times.

Druid was my first character so I guess Shaman felt more at home for me.

Deleted
    you cant die with any spec so this is purely a question of kill speed which enhancement does fine in.
    i found spriest to be by far the worst and ww/prot paladin with items/vengeance the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    Does this bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? I can't take on more than 2 mobs at a time (unless I blow all my cooldowns) without having to stop and heal myself. Any mini boss type mobs for quests etc take an eternity to kill. It just seems like I'm a wet sponge damage and defensive wise as both elemental and enhance. I reeeally find it painfully slow to level this class :S
    ^this is at 100-110 but I've always had this problem with leveling a shaman regardless of the level.
    Leveling is so easy now it doesn't even matter.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I found rogue tougher for leveling.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yep. Leveling as Shaman from 100-110 was painful. Even Shaman on 110 is pretty tough until you get decent equip. Our self healing capabilities are pathetic.
    I used alchemy pots and Duke Hydraxis for healing while leveling. Elemental is still far from a good leveling spec but it helped a fair bit.

I love my shaman. I play ele but I lved enhc. No matter the spec we are squishy. Our defensive CD sucks. But at 110 with some gear we face roll most things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, yes along with ret paladin (but not as bad, but still auto attacks).

I leveled my first shaman in 2005 as elemental by using auto melee attacks and shocks while pulling with lightning bolt. I got to level 48 before I realized I was doing something very very wrong. I was also a clicker at the time.

My subsequent alts (rogue, ret paladin, and warrior) were much faster even while clicking still, and I leveled a new shaman as enhance in mid-2007 to learn keybinding (plus I wanted an orc shaman and the race change wasn't out yet).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement is super easy to level and strong maybe not quite hunter strong but i've always been able to solo rares and other things that generally take 2+ to kill.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein