Deleted

Dark Souls series - funny moments

So, I was playing Dark Souls 3 earlier today, and after some nice and funny pvp engagements (3 times in a row) I had to think of all the funny moments (outside of the times intended by the devs) I've had.

Earlier today while I was playing on my new Pyromancer character in Road of Sacrifices I got invaded by 2 Watchdogs of Farron. Both came at me at once. As I had no Estus left I sat down at the bonfire and waited for them to show up to kill me. Once they arrived they sat down with me instead of trying to kill me. As they were both a much higher level (you don't run around with a Firelink Greatsword with no experience on how to use it). After a few moments I stood up, unequipped ALL my gear, waved and sprinted away, both of them coming after me.

I ended up running into every enemy I found, including the 2 giant crabs. Somehow one of them managed to die to all of the enemies trying to hit me, so that was one of them taken care of. The second one followed me all the way to the poison swamp near Farron Keep. I went down the ladder, ran outside, waited for him to come outside then sprinted past him and climbed up the ladder. Ofcourse he followed me up, and I waited for him at the top. As he climbed up the last bit I switched to my Pyromancer Flame and hit him right in the face, which caused him to drop down the ladder, killing him in the process.

I've had a few other times with people with massive weapons with huge swing momentum swinging themselves off cliffs into oblivion and people who thought they could lure me into enemies giving up after realising I've decided to ignore them to carry on with my quest and couldn't find me after I walked off. I once spent almost an hour with an invading player trying to find me but never doing so.

Anyone have similar funny moments in the Dark Souls games? ^^
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2017-05-15 at 03:16 PM.

Funniest part is the hate mail you get in pvp. I'm no expert in pvp. If I get invaded while playing I usually play hide and seek with them. The pvp arena is pretty fun though. Recently picked up Gael's Greatsword and that really helped me even the odds. Latest hate mail I received was "nice lag kill you scrub." Then the guy sent me a picture of his character pointing down at the screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Funniest part is the hate mail you get in pvp. I'm no expert in pvp. If I get invaded while playing I usually play hide and seek with them. The pvp arena is pretty fun though. Recently picked up Gael's Greatsword and that really helped me even the odds. Latest hate mail I received was "nice lag kill you scrub." Then the guy sent me a picture of his character pointing down at the screen.
    Haha, gotta love the hatemail. I just got summoned as a blue spirit to the Cathedral of the Deep. Some guy with way too much stamina spam dodging through the sludge, host is a low lvl and shoots the giant with his bow, giant starts stomping around so we decide to fight this guy under the giant. The invader didn't keep an eye on the giant though, cause he got stomped to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologise in advance if my post counts as a necro to this thread.

I really wished I had recorded this encounter, to be honest it was pretty funny to see. I was helping some dude through the Grand Archive along side some other guy the host had summoned, we got invaded, yet after about 5 or so minutes of progression, we saw no signs of the invader.

As we reached the roof with the first gargoyle, guess who pops up behind us, Mr Invader, wearing the Untrue Dark Ring, while donning the full Dragon Stone buff, he obviously didn't see me off to the side, and gets a nice, tasty, Corvian Greatknife +10 in the back. Low and behold - surprising myself, I had one-shot him.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    In my case it was clearly in the early stages of Dark Souls 1, i reached the tauren demon fight, and after being thrown from the bridge to my death a couple times, i discovered the ladder in one of the towers, so i climbed it, killed the two soldiers, and i started looking at the minotaur like "hah you can not reach me", "hah you can not reach me", "OMG i am dead again"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Low and behold - surprising myself, I had one-shot him.
    'Cus it's easy, and it does a lot of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    My funniest DS moment isn't one I've played, but watched:

Shit's hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    'Cus it's easy, and it does a lot of damage.
    Happy Souls, right? Love that video!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The entire Otzdarva channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Dark Souls 1, when it came to PC, I was using a trainer to give myself infinite souls. I was doing this because I wanted to test different builds at max level. I was also invincible. I got out to that woods area (I forget the name), and someone actually spawned in my game. I didn't even think it was possible for that to happen, I could've sworn I turned all that stuff off. Anyway this guy has some sort of lightning weapon and is just going to town trying to kill me. He can't, of course. Eventually I get tired of this and just go jump off the cliff there. This ends up rewarding the other player with a truckload of souls, since mine were capped. He sends me hate mail calling me a hacker and saying he has to delete his character now that he has so many souls, that his character has been corrupted by my hack. Because, you know, dying and just not retrieving your corpse isn't a thing. /shrug

Dark Souls 2, playing legit, I got pulled into someone else's world, no idea how. I had ditched all the items you use to return to your world to my stash, so I was stuck. I was dual wielding great swords, and he was a bow user, I think some sort of crossbow iirc. Getting hit with both swords at once brought him down to within 5% of his HP...it was ridiculous. But he'd run off, flask up, and then come back. Simple dodging meant he couldn't hit me with his weapon at all. This happened enough that I guess he finally ran out of estus to use. At one point he got a fountain between the two of us, and we just spent the next 5 minutes circling around the fountain, neither of us doing anything. He kept doing emotes and shit at me, very obviously getting angry. I tried pulling out some spells and hitting him, but I hadn't really spec'd for being a caster, I ran out of charges fairly fast and never really hit him. He finally ran off, and I gave chase. I lost him at some point, and shortly after I get sent back to my world. I guess time ran out out something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

Shit's hilarious
    nice

/10 nices
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

<snip>

Shit's hilarious
    My god how have I not seen this before.

There used to be a Japanese streamer on YouTube with absolutely loads of Dark Souls clips. One of my favourites was a PvP video in Duke's Archives. The invader was being chased by the host, and the invader ran to the edge of a very long drop and hid just below the edge at the top of the ladder. The host chased him and ran straight off the edge and died. It doesn't sound all that funny to describe it but the way it happened absolutely cracked me up. I've not been able to find it since Wish I could remember the name of the channel.