Thread: Wsm 2017

Wsm 2017

This may be a very niche part of this group, but with WSM 2017 coming up this weekend, figured I'd open discussion.

Who are you cheering for? Do you think there will be an upset this year? Will Eddie Hall or Thor finally take the top spot?

I personally hope Thor wins, watching him train, he is extremely dedicated to it. While he may be in the spotlight a bit more than the rest (due to GoT), I had a chance to meet him at Arnold this year, and he is a genuinely nice guy. I'd be interested to see where Eddie ends up too though, as his training seems to be revved up a bit.

Shaw as usual is looking to come out ranking high as well, same with Big Z. I'm extremely excited to watch this years WSM just due to the amount of competition there will be between all these guys.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that the competition where they pull trucks and carry huge rocks etc.?

They used to show that competition on TV when I was a kid.....Finns won it very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Is that the competition where they pull trucks and carry huge rocks etc.?

They used to show that competition on TV when I was a kid.....Finns won it very often.
    Yep, they've changed up the events a bit, but I do believe the truck pulls are still there (though a few years ago, they changed it to a plane, but I think it's back to a truck) and do the atlas stones. I'm not sure if this one is televised or not, I hope so so that I can watch without having to find a stream. It's always been interesting to me just to see the sheer size and strength of these guys. I also met Thor at Arnold and took a picture and never in my life have I felt like such a small person (He's 6'9" and 430ish pounds)
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Judging by what I've seen of Thor's performances in the qualifiers, I think he might be quite likely to win the whole thing. It seems to me to be a 3 horse race between Shaw/Eddie/Thor.

Personally I'd like Thor/Eddie to win.

Thor winning with Big Z in the twilight of his career would make for a pretty good rivalry between him and Shaw.
    Eddie needs to win so he can drop back to a 'normal' weight (he has said he would if he ever won WSM). He simply doesn't look healthy at all trying to be ~200kg like Shaw/Thor, probably something to do with being 6/7 inches shorter.