Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    The most unrealistic part of this Thread is, the fact it said it would be annouced at gamecom. COME ON step up your fake leaks, Atleast make it blizzcon
    Why would it not make sense to announce the next expansion at Gamescom? Its a global stage that attracts gamers from every genre, it will get way more visibility to the world being announced there, PLUS it will have been 2 years since they announced the last expansion (which we are currently playing in).

It makes even more sense than announcing it at Blizzcon. I fully expect a similar reveal like Legion, most of the core features of the expansion, then at Blizzcon, they will flesh out more of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    I could definitely see Azshara flipping the tables on Nzoth. She is well-known for shifting allegiances when it suits her, particularly towards the most readily-powerful. Such as when she put Sargeras on the backburner in favour of Nzoth in the first place.
    Did not Sargeras put her on the backburner and she needed to find a new source of power?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Update: We will have the expansion announced at Gamescom in Germany this year (not confirmed to be this one, but the next expansion will be announced). Per un-named source (for obvious reasons).
    Same source as this high class leak?

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was far far less per zone, what if they made the rewards compelling enough that you would actually WANT to go out there and do the quests.

Like if I saw a world quest in Feralas that had me killing some big old god influenced Naga big baddie that rewarded me 4k gold... You bet i would make the trek out there, and id try to do it on all of my alts.
    except that is not how it works jaylock
    if they make the rewards good people will feel forced to do it
    if they make it bad no one will do it
    they cant just make the rewards "Compelling" because then people will be "Forced" to do it
    you have to make the content itself compelling
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they cant just make the rewards "Compelling" because then people will be "Forced" to do it
    At this point nobody does WQ to do the WQ content tho.

Oh and we really did not kill any of the Old Gods for real. C'thun and Yogg'saron both are not dead and N'zoth is still "lost" - the only dead Old God is Y'shaarj and he was killed by Aman'thul and not us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    yeah?
    i... i think you are missing my point, because just taking world quests, and spreading them ALL OVER making the travel time MUCH larger, and splitting up the community, would make world quests much, much worse

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you feel "forced" to do something in a game? For many players my example of 4k gold for a world quest in a remote location wouldn't be worth it. For others it would. No one is being forced to do anything.

This brings me to a broader question, why do you or anyone else feel "forced" to do activities in the game? Do you feel like if you don't you are somehow missing out on stuff? I've never understood this feeling. I have been mythic raiding and heroic raiding (before mythic was available) for my entire tenure of the game, and not once have I felt "forced" to do anything I didn't want to do to "keep up with the Joneses"

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah?
    i... i think you are missing my point, because just taking world quests, and spreading them ALL OVER making the travel time MUCH larger, and splitting up the community, would make world quests much, much worse
    Well, that's true, maybe they should make it like "invasions" (doesn't need to on a random limited timer, could be daily) , add WQ to 1 or 2 zones, and cluster WQ in an area instead of 1 quest per zone, half a continent apart.

Like even in Legion, 7.3 we'll get new WQ on argus zones. But old WQ stay there, Emisary will keep us going back to old zones and even Broken Shore. Gear rewards will be updated to 875-880 (still nothing for raiders I know) even in Broken Isles zones still.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-27 at 05:03 PM.

I do. I like farming the rep for the chance at Exalted cache mounts. Got 3 of them so far.

- - - Updated - - -

how do you feel "forced" to do something in a game? For many players my example of 4k gold for a world quest in a remote location wouldn't be worth it. For others it would. No one is being forced to do anything.

This brings me to a broader question, why do you or anyone else feel "forced" to do activities in the game? Do you feel like if you don't you are somehow missing out on stuff? I've never understood this feeling. I have been mythic raiding and heroic raiding (before mythic was available) for my entire tenure of the game, and not once have I felt "forced" to do anything I didn't want to do to "keep up with the Joneses"
    Never felt forced to do anything in WoW Jay.

If I want to raid I will raid, if I want to RP then I will RP and if I want to Pet Battle then I will. Great thing about having a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh and we really did not kill any of the Old Gods for real. C'thun and Yogg'saron both are not dead and N'zoth is still "lost" - the only dead Old God is Y'shaarj and he was killed by Aman'thul and not us.
    Well also possibly Xal if "she" was actually an Old God as well.

7+ Year Old Account

I dont feel forced, but i know tons of the community does, if anything is added to the game that is overpowered or does a massive progress to raiding, people will feel "Forced" to do it, why i put the "" Because really they are not, but people will feel like they are, and complain about it
    like the people in pvp who are "forced" to mythic raid if they wanna do good pvp cause the 1% increased damage stats for being 10 ilvl higher

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I do. I like farming the rep for the chance at Exalted cache mounts. Got 3 of them so far.
    I think I didn't formulate it properly, you don't do the "kill 15 moonkin" quest to kill 15 moonkin , but for the rep & underlying paragon reward then

WQ make up most of my current content, ultimately for the rewards (rep/legendaries/AP), to a lesser extent Order Resources/Gold/Bloods etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's true, maybe they should make it like "invasions" (doesn't need to on a random limited timer, could be daily) , add WQ to 1 or 2 zones, and cluster WQ in an area instead of 1 quest per zone, half a continent apart.

Like even in Legion, 7.3 we'll get new WQ on argus zones. But old WQ stay there, Emisary will keep us going back to old zones and even Broken Shore. Gear rewards will be updated to 875-880 (still nothing for raiders I know) even in Broken Isles zones still.
    people feel butt fucked to fly all the way to invasions now, imagine having to travel as lets say alliance to ghostlands, or horde to burning steppes

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont feel forced, but i know tons of the community does, if anything is added to the game that is overpowered or does a massive progress to raiding, people will feel "Forced" to do it, why i put the "" Because really they are not, but people will feel like they are, and complain about it
    like the people in pvp who are "forced" to mythic raid if they wanna do good pvp cause the 1% increased damage stats for being 10 ilvl higher
    Those we would call fanatics, and Blizzard has never been known to cater to the fanatics or the irrational. If people feel forced to do anything in a game, its their own damn fault.

Having lucrative world quests all over Azeroth would only make the rest of the world more relevant, and get people out in zones they otherwise would never travel to. Thats my 2 cents.

yeah?
    What difference would it make since any group recommended cross realm group finder covers? Why would soloing WQs spread out "split up community" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    people feel butt fucked to fly all the way to invasions now, imagine having to travel as lets say alliance to ghostlands, or horde to burning steppes
    Who are these "people" you speak of? I've never seen anyone complain about the travel time to get to a zone on the broken isles, even ones without flying yet.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some people feel forced to do an old raid/world boss with a 0.01% drop mount too until they get it. And that's purely cosmetic, and something I don't understand.

I myself do feel somewhat bad if I miss out emmisary or world boss or something but that's what the ALT-oholic does to you
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-27 at 05:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    What difference would it make since any group recommended cross realm group finder covers? Why would soloing WQs spread out "split up community" ?
    because lets say you have 10 quests, with 100 people, each group has 10 people max, you have minimum 10 groups going, meaning lots of different groups you can join

now 100 quests, with 100 people, you have 1 group per, max, meaning hey maybe you arrive at a quest and can find literally no one, and because your new you cant solo that elite... and now your fucked

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Well also possibly Xal if "she" was actually an Old God as well.
    I'm actually wondering if Xalatath might not actually be a direct link to a Void Lord. This is her quote from the latest PTR.
    Xalatath Blade of the Black Empire: Long have we sought entry to this realm! To think we have a mortal to thank for giving us our foothold. Your service will be remembered!
    The Old Gods are already in "this realm", aren't they? Unless there's some specific context. And Xal'atath says "we" and "our" here, implying she's one of many who sought such entry.

She's a Void Lord pretending to be a dead Old God so you won't realize the true threat she poses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people feel forced to do an old raid/world boss with a 0.01% drop mount too until they get it. And that's purely cosmetic, and something I don't understand.

I myself do feel somewhat bad if I miss out emmisary or world boss or something but that's what the ALT-oholic does to you
    yeah, and the idea is stupid, old raids should have a "Clear X amount of times get everything" feature, to stop having to for example do all of molten core (takes for fucking ever for some classes) to get a 3% chance at the pants you need for the next teirs set

- - - Updated - - -

Who are these "people" you speak of? I've never seen anyone complain about the travel time to get to a zone on the broken isles, even ones without flying yet.
    lol what?
    Jaylock come on man, have you missed the whole fucking "Flying agrument" like seriously man, if your gunna troll, atleast try