Page 34 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It was likely just declassification diplomacy. Many presidents have done it. When you have angry journalists and an angry portion of Americans to support their hyperventilating. You get this this type of tinfoil hat journalism. We won't know what was said. So there is really nothing to be discussed since nobody can prove any of it.
    This is just a nonsense word salad of excuse making. And you're terrible at it and should quit.

"Declassification diplomacy" refers to declassifying past misdeeds in order to curry favor in the present day. Like declassifying our support for a regime in Latin America during the Cold War.

What happened was that the US was informed by an ally of something highly sensitive that _it_ had gathered. And Trump felt the need to share it with the Russians. Without asking the provider country first.

Who gave us the right? It's not our intelligence. It was shared with us on the condition we don't share it.
    Why should they ever share with us again?

Your excuse is such bullshit, I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Your deflecting attempt is sad at this moment
    You can't deny the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Nope. You are making things up now.
    The natural state of the "free market" without government regulations is highly exploitative of workers, the environment, consumers, and just about everything else it can squeeze a penny out of.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why would there be video or a tape in classified meetings?
    Because the President can have them during his meetings if he wants them. Would be one reason.

I don't think this administration is capable of going a single week without major fuck ups.

What the hell are they going to do next week or the week after?

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    And the Washington Post agreed? Okay.... I'll just wait and see what develops if you don't mind.
    It's probably sitting on a part II of the story and giving the country that had the spy in ISIS (which is implied is the case) get their man out so he isn't killed.

US media often complies when it is reporting on intelligence handling matters without wanting to go into specifics. I offered up an example yesterday, before all this hit, about how the Times/Post had a major (eventually Pulitzer) prize winning story on how the US tracked money for Terrorists through the European financial system. The Times sat on the story for a whole year at the Government's requests and when it did report it, obscured key details to not harm ongoing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What evidence other than undisclosed inside sources? I have yet to see or hear any clear cut evidence. It has all been hearsay or a conspiracy type report.
    If this sticks, this will be the first in a long line of anonymous leaks, of which there have been too many to count, to hit Trump. It's very reasonable to be skeptical at this point. Not saying there's no fire, but I think it's downright foolish to run headlong into proclamations of the villainy of Trump over this, or how terrible this is. Only to tune in a week from now and nobody really remembers the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's probably sitting on a part II of the story and giving the country that had the spy in ISIS (which is implied is the case) get their man out so he isn't killed.

US media often complies when it is reporting on intelligence handling matters without wanting to go into specifics. I offered up an example yesterday, before all this hit, about how the Times/Post had a major (eventually Pulitzer) prize winning story on how the US tracked money for Terrorists through the European financial system. The Times sat on the story for a whole year at the Government's requests and when it did report it, obscured key details to not harm ongoing efforts.
    That actually makes sense. I can see that.

Because the President can have them during his meetings if he wants them. Would be one reason.
    That would be monumentally stupid though. i mean, you cant bring any electronics (cellphone or cameras) to a meeting with the pres
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

What evidence other than undisclosed inside sources? I have yet to see or hear any clear cut evidence. It has all been hearsay or a conspiracy type report.
    The funny thing is that no one is talking about Comey's firing now. It is almost like people are being manipulated by emotional strings with each "breaking news" update about Trump the last few months.

Wake me up when the kabuki theater simmers down over the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, and anything recorded within the white house must be submitted to the presidential archives. If Trump does have recordings he'll need to fork them over.

You need to get over the idea that the president can do anything he wants just because he is the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be monumentally stupid though. i mean, you cant bring any electronics (cellphone or cameras) to a meeting with the pres
    The President does have the authority to have his discussions recorded. Not saying he did. Or disagreeing it would be stupid thing to do. But he is on legal sound grounds if he chooses to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Its because he's the president and he can literally declassify any piece of information he wants. The article itself states that.
    Except that it's a fucking process, not a random whim. No one, not even the President of the United States of America, can just blab any state secrets they want whenever they want. Doing so is fucking criminal. This is not subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The funny thing is that no one is talking about Comey's firing now. It is almost like people are being manipulated by emotional strings with each "breaking news" update about Trump the last few months.

Wake me up when the kabuki theater simmers down over the summer.
    Huh? you know that the problem with trump is that he does so many fuck ups in a short amount of time, that the story of last week is no longer on the headlines?
    Really, if Hillary did that to Comey, the story would be still on the covers of almost all of the reputable (and not so reputable) newspapers.
    The hipocrisy and double standard of you people is fucking insane

- - - Updated - - -

The President does have the authority to have his discussions recorded. Not saying he did. Or disagreeing it would be stupid thing to do. But he is on legal sound grounds if he chooses to.
    oh, yeah, but that recordings must be sent to an archive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    True, and anything recorded within the white house must be submitted to the presidential archives. If Trump does have recordings he'll need to fork them over.

You need to get over the idea that the president can do anything he wants just because he is the president.
    And you need to get over the feeling I think he is a dictator. lol! Yes, such tapes could be required to be turned over during a investigation.

Huh? you know that the problem with trump is that he does so many fuck ups in a short amount of time, that the story of last week is no longer on the headlines?
    Really, if Hillary did that to Comey, the story would be still on the covers of almost all of the reputable (and not so reputable) newspapers.
    The hipocrisy and double standard of you people is fucking insane

- - - Updated - - -

oh, yeah, but that recordings must be sent to an archive
    There is no double standards. I simply pointed out the truth and that is the firing of Comey is the real news story. This is a non news story as far as I am concerned. Save the outrage for the next one that will predictably come next week...almost as if it is done on purpose...pure 100% theatrics

There is no double standards. I simply pointed out the truth and that is the firing of Comey is the real news story. This is a non news story as far as I am concerned. Save the outrage for the next one that will predictably come next week...almost as if it is done on purpose...pure 100% theatrics
    The comey story is still developing, this is new

Man, I don't see how anyone can defend this-

Oh. Right.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Someone here gets the game! The way these things are going is that anonymous sources come forth and make baseless claims. Everyone freaks the fuck out for a few days while some cooler heads want to wait and see. Before anything is fully proven or debunked, the next thing starts and we keep the cycle going.

Then when it's time to go back and do a post-mortem, people will pull these tweets where people say things like "independently verified by CNN", when all they really independently verified was that yes, there were a few asshole leakers saying things, not that those things that were being said were actually true. But they will copypasta that tweet that proves jack shit to no end.

Meanwhile, the yellow journalists will never get held accountable for the myriad of fake shit they're pushing out every few days.
    This assumes people are done with the Comey issue.

That's a pretty stupid fucking assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Someone here gets the game! The way these things are going is that anonymous sources come forth and make baseless claims. Everyone freaks the fuck out for a few days while cooler heads want to wait and see. Before anything is fully proven or debunked, the next thing starts and we keep the cycle going.

Then when it's time to go back and do a post-mortem, people will pull these tweets where people say things like "independently verified by CNN", when all they really independently verified was that yes, there were a few asshole leakers saying things, not that those things that were being said were actually true. But they will copypasta that tweet that proves jack shit to no end.
    This happened during the Bush and Obama presidencies where fake outrage and perpetual outrage didn't accomplish anything. This is no different. What matter is the big three: upcoming mid terms, economy and stock market. Everything else is window dressing to distract people from the big three.

This happened during the Bush and Obama presidencies where fake outrage and perpetual outrage didn't accomplish anything. This is no different. What matter is the big three: upcoming mid terms, economy and stock market. Everything else is window dressing to distract people from the big three.
    It's actually much, much different. The frequency and absurd levels that it occurs with this dipshit changes the calculus.