Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    The president together with his advisors should be the ones to decide what information about the meeting to share with the public; a random official simply cannot act behind his back this way. This event in particular was very sensitive in nature; leaking anything about it to the public can be destructive.

The United States chose to share information with the Russians, through a president that was legally and constitutionally (even if not democratically) elected to the office by the people of the United States. He didn't hide his friendly, cooperative policies towards Russia during his campaign so these actions are indeed enabled and empowered by the american people. He is the highest representative of the US, and therefore we should indeed speak of "the United States sharing intel with Russia" instead of "Trump sharing intel with Russia".
    You are stretching American people part, aren't you? I mean it is not "illegal" to lie all the time unless under oath, is it? It is not illegal to do many things.

By the way, how is that our honorable President gets to decide what he can "divulge" and what not to our press when Russians are taping right in front of him? All because he made it so? Purposely barring American press while allowing Russians to have their fun in oval office. Was this course of event decided after President talked to his advisors? If this "event" was so sensitive, one must ask what Russian "media" was doing there, in oval office no less?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    but the intelligence was discussed and Russia can easily find out were the intel came from.
    Too deep, friend, too deep!

Deleted
    "Russia first!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Yes, that is true. That's not what the original article by the WaPo claimed.
    "Intelligence sources and methods" are very specific things. Things that were not divulged. Aka the operative in question wasn't named. The methods used weren't mentioned.
    However where something came from might have been (as in, "information from Rakka" as a full example). With that in hand the Russians can infer who would have been in a situation to supply that information and target the source. Making that source obsolete and threatened.
    Reading is hard!

MAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    but the intelligence was discussed and Russia can easily find out were the intel came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Yes, that is true. That's not what the original article by the WaPo claimed.
    "Intelligence sources and methods" are very specific things. Things that were not divulged. Aka the operative in question wasn't named. The methods used weren't mentioned.
    However where something came from might have been (as in, "information from Rakka" as a full example). With that in hand the Russians can infer who would have been in a situation to supply that information and target the source. Making that source obsolete and threatened.
    Until somehow we get Russian video of the conversation or someone bigger than the vague title of "anonymous official" comes forward, that remains to be the one specific thing that has not been proven nor denied. It could be a technicality or poor word choice, McMaster in his nervous state could have just said "sources or methods" when he could have dumbed it down to be more forward with his words, "Intelligence was not discussed entirely," would have sounded more elementary, but served his words far better.

One problem I have with WaPo's own counter article to Mc's response is this, speaking of counter articles:
    "McMaster’s statement that “the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known” is in the same vein — suggesting The Post has reported something that it hasn’t in order to deny something. Military operations aren’t even alluded to in the story."
    This is why opinions are bad. Officials must use a pre-statement to any other questions, especially when it comes to the American military, which has its own very special and extremely strict rules when it comes to declassification. It's the difference between punching a guy (talks of terrorism in Syria) and killing him (giving away classified military info) - it sounds bad to just state you didn't kill a guy, but it should stop the questions about killing him from being asked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Why not just run a state media then? Because if you only allow non-anonymous sources, then nothing other than government-approved news will surface, since people in general care about their jobs/will be weeded out after the first leak.
    That's not the point. The point is that WaPo has little to no credibility as far as i'm concerned. They have heavily edited articles without any kind of note, made false statements and attributed them to anonymous officials or staff, made article(one that i know of)s based on data from supposedly experts, support their findings, later when those are questioned retract that they support their findings, etc.

When anonymous officials/staff are the only source i find it hard to trust media in general as quite a lot of it turned into a popularity contest of what "news" can give us the most views.

Here is what Trump tweeted literally ten minutes ago:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....
    ...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So, we're not allowed to criticize anything he ever does simply because he won?
    Of course you can ! But you cant take him to the court or whatever for what

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that WaPo has little to no credibility as far as i'm concerned. They have heavily edited articles without any kind of note, made false statements and attributed them to anonymous officials or staff, made article(one that i know of)s based on data from supposedly experts, support their findings, later when those are questioned retract that they support their findings, etc.

When anonymous officials/staff are the only source i find it hard to trust media in general as quite a lot of it turned into a popularity contest of what "news" can give us the most views.
    I can also make these kind of statements withouth proving some sort of support.

I'm a dragon flyer and the sky is purple..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....
    ...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.
    I feel really bad for Spicer now.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

How nice of Trump to publicly state that the WaPo story is true...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Pretty much. I imagine Spicers job just got so much worse.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Spicer is getting sacked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    WaPo story is basically this + "..and we got this info straight from Raqqa."

That it somehow allows Russia to identify specific agents and countries that passed this info to US and then undermine them remains speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Pretty much. I imagine Spicers job just got so much worse.
    Maybe he can talk about the largest inauguration crowd again, to deflect from issue at hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So, what was that about the WaPo article being completely without merit? Anyone?

Honestly, the fallout I want to see from this is foreign intelligence getting so pissed of by Trump unabashedly putting their agents in danger that they make everything they've collected on him 100% public. It may hurt their relationship with us for a while, but Trump's doing that right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    So, what was that about the WaPo article being completely without merit? Anyone?

Honestly, the fallout I want to see from this is foreign intelligence getting so pissed of by Trump unabashedly putting their agents in danger that they make everything they've collected on him 100% public. It may hurt their relationship with us for a while, but Trump's doing that right now.
    Hey, if anyone's got dirt on Trump it should be released immediately anyway. It shouldn't hurt anyone's relationship with us.

Anyway, these tropes apply to Trump.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...outhInsertFoot
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...YourselfDeeper
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...elpingYourCase

I love waking up to Donald Trump digging his own grave even deeper. This just in: he made McMaster, Tillerson and Powell look like fools.

Okay Trumpkins, there's your proof. Straight from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I love waking up to Donald Trump digging his own grave even deeper. This just in: he made McMaster, Tillerson and Powell look like fools.

Proof of what? You have no idea what he exactly said. Fake News.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How so? This is in line with what all of them have said about it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Trump is the gift that keeps on delivering. This is effing funny to read on my way to work
    Hey trumpettes, where's the fake news?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker