Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wonder how any american still would want to follow trump. After this debacle it should be clear every other possible future president would be a better solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc brooks was arrested couple years back. Drunk driving i think. Thats funny about colm meaney hes probably had the most success out of all of them since ds9. Odo and bashir have had work as well i guess.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wonder how any american still would want to follow trump. After this debacle it should be clear every other possible future president would be a better solution.
    I'm baffled by anyone who can walk upright still following him. Intellectually, logically, and factually he's horrific. Some of us saw it coming, some didn't. Doesn't matter now. He is now horrific, and ignoring that is shameful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    didn't hillary do the same during the election?

if i remember correctly nothing happened
    likely nothing will come from this
    Hillary Clinton is not the POTUS though. And no, she did not share intel from an ally with a foreign nation while there's an investigation about how this foreign nation tried to undermine democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Where is the proof that this declassifying even happened?
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...36162567471104
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...38529472049152

there you go

And that it could leak to the media is the proof Trump disclosed classified info the wrong way. Since classified info on this level should be given to the Russians through secure channels, and not in some meeting with other people around them. That is what Trump did wrong!
    Last edited by Adolecent; 2017-05-16 at 08:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Eh just a little bit. He's mostly fine. The relationship of the cast members on DS9 is very interesting. Avery Brooks has long been very close with the actor who played his son. Bashir and Kira got married and had a kid, but then divorced. The Ferengi are all close. Nobody ever gets much along with the guy who played Chief O'Brien. They're a bit more fractured.

The TNG crew are still a family though, 30 years later.

Side note, it's kind of funny to me. I watched those shows as they were airing live. Back in the 1990s, TNG->Voyager aired in real time pretty much. That is to say, 1998 = 2376, 1999 - 2377, 2000 = 2378, 2001 = 2379 and so forth.

Where are we at in 2017? 2396, the year after the future-timeline in the last episode of TNG. The Enterprise E would be facing retirement in a decade. Sisko would be missing for nearly 20 years. Riker would be on the command staff of Starfleet. The old shows are basically history now.
    Actually isn't Star Trek Online up to something like 2408 now? I'm not 100% sure STO is canon, but it does have some of the TNG writers involved with it. It's taken a different path from the various relaunch novels though, the relaunch novels are not canon in STO's timeline.

And yes, I saw an interview with Cirroc Lofton. He basically considers Avery Brooks his adopted dad.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    didn't hillary do the same during the election?

if i remember correctly nothing happened
    likely nothing will come from this
    No, Hilary did not disclose intelligence gathered by an allied nation with a nation considered antagonistic, at best, for brownie points.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    "Ok guys, yes, i told my dear friend Vladimir everything about the isreal intel, but believe me, he DESERVES it after he hacked Hillary! Vladimir is, and always was, my friend."
    Trump dies from fake news radiation
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-16 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Where are we at in 2017? 2396, the year after the future-timeline in the last episode of TNG. The Enterprise E would be facing retirement in a decade. Sisko would be missing for nearly 20 years. Riker would be on the command staff of Starfleet. The old shows are basically history now.
    Yeah, it's kinda crazy. This is what I wish Paramount would go back to, rather than this Discovery show that they're doing instead. I know Frakes was totally willing to come back as captain of the Titan, as was Michael Dorn. Those ships have probably all sailed by now though.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Actually isn't Star Trek Online up to something like 2408 now? I'm not 100% sure STO is canon, but it does have some of the TNG writers involved with it. It's taken a different path from the various relaunch novels though, the relaunch novels are not canon in STO's timeline.

And yes, I saw an interview with Cirroc Lofton. He basically considers Avery Brooks his adopted dad.
    STO jumped ahead by a number of years and in all the years it's been out, only added an additional year.

The way the shows used to work though is that 1 season = 1 future year, starting with 2364 in 1987.

A bit...but compared to what we have in the white house now?
    Oh, I wasn't saying that he shouldn't be president. I'd vote Sisko/Kira 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda crazy. This is what I wish Paramount would go back to, rather than this Discovery show that they're doing instead. I know Frakes was totally willing to come back as captain of the Titan, as was Michael Dorn. Those ships have probably all sailed by now though.
    Just looked it up. Star Trek Online is currently up to 2410. It's not 100% clear if it's canon or not. But it does have a lot of the TNG/DS9 writers involved with it, and a lot of the actors have shown up in guest voice roles.

As far as other stuff...I saw Nana Visitor (Kira) last in 2011 in Torchwood: Miracle Day. She played the granddaughter of one of Jack's early 1900's love interests. Sadly she didn't last long in that show, her character was blown up by a car bomb.

I think in STO they're up to the Enterprise F, now? Can't remember where I saw that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Just a reminder...

Jesus, when you spell it out like that it's even worse.

Poor McMasters. I wonder what would happen to his career if he just held a press conference and threw Trump under the bus? Can he even do that?

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what would happen to his career if he just held a press conference and threw Trump under the bus? Can he even do that?
    He can't. He's an active general in the US armed forces. To do something like that would be unprecedented.

Mattis can.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

7+ Year Old Account
    I think in STO they're up to the Enterprise F, now? Can't remember where I saw that.
    Yes. Here's what happened. In the episode Sacrifice of Angels, Sisko talks the Prophets/Wormhole Aliens into making the Dominion reinforcement fleet (2800 ships) disappear. The Dominion War concludes and noone knows what happened to them. It turns out they were just displaced in time. In Star Trek Online, they come through the wormhole in 2409 and (not knowing they were displaced in time) proceed to take over DS9. A Vorta from the Gamma Quadrant arrives to talk them down (since there has been a peace treaty between the Feddration and the Dominion since the end of DS9), but only if the Female Changeling is released back to her people. The Federation agrees. The Vorta in charge of the 2800 fleet surrenders, but the First Jem'hadar refuses to surrender and they start fighting. The Enterprise-F shows up and destroys the ones that hadn't already surrendered, and the rest head back to the Gamma Quadrant. Was an interesting story. I don't actually play the game (tried it, liked the ship combat but didn't like anything else), but I've been following its story, it's really interesting. I have been trying to find information on whether it's considered canon or not, and the answer is "unclear". CBS owns the rights to the TV shows, Paramount owns the movies, and noone can come to an agreement on whether STO is canon or not.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/The_2800

Anyway, this is rapidly diverging from the topic at hand. I just wanted Sisko to be president!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Jesus, when you spell it out like that it's even worse.

Poor McMasters. I wonder what would happen to his career if he just held a press conference and threw Trump under the bus? Can he even do that?
    I mean, he kinda did. At the end of the press conference he basically said "look guys, this guy is such a dipshit he didn't even know that he was giving them highly classified information because he didn't even know."

That's the takeaway.

We've have a few more TNG movies too if Paramount wasn't stupid and put Nemesis up against The Two Towers. Star Trek has basically been set up to fail since 1994.

That said fan edit's of both Insurrection and Nemesis make them excellent movies. There is a great one of Nemesis with the wedding at the end (spoiler: Data lives) that makes for a great happy ending for TNG. It's my personal cannon version of Nemesis.

Kind of like how the "Blackened Mantle" is my personal version of Star Wars Episode I / II and III.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-05-16 at 09:05 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I mean, he kinda did. At the end of the press conference he basically said "look guys, this guy is such a dipshit he didn't even know that he was giving them highly classified information because he didn't even know."

That's the takeaway.
    Lol, good point. And the article/post @Skroe linked about the wedge cropping up between McMaster and Trump is another good indication.