View Poll Results: Are you content with your salary?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Nope. Times are rough.

13 27.08%
  • Somewhat. Barely enough

7 14.58%
  • Yep. I'm doing fine

28 58.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Graduated two days ago, so i'm basically unemployed right now, so i guess my salary could be better! Should improve soon though!

I would prefer to be the worlds first multi trillionaire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to how many of these jobs pay more than $20/hour for all the dedication to college/training you all went through?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not and am working hard to change it to a better one. Preferably one with less running. First comes the degree, then comes the networking, then hopefully comes the house, white picket fence and 2.3 children. Already have the hacksaw.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with what I currently make.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I'm curious as to how many of these jobs pay more than $20/hour for all the dedication to college/training you all went through?
    my own anecdote, I'm making just shy of $40/hour with an associate's degree-soon to be a bachelor's (but no pay raise for it)-hospital RN in Oregon.

To answer the OP, I'm quite content with my pay.

not really currently. mostly because I have to pay next to $1,200 a month on rent and utilities alone. not to mention buying food, gas, loan payments, etc.

Deleted
    Yes and no, I suppose?
    Like, objectively it's not that much - but considering that I don't really have to pay rent/mortgage payments and basically don't have to do much for it to begin with, it's probably not that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work very little for $50k so I'm pretty pleased. I have time to take care of a lot of personal work while I'm at work, and I have access to a lot of tools, resources, services and work trucks when I need also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make about 2200€ gross income monthly, which is a bit below average for my area I think so yeah, wouldn't mind getting some more so I could put some more into savings.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't make 6 figures yet.

My salary is okay, but not great for the amount of education I have. What I don't like is that I got a promotion and that I had to take a small pay cut of about $500 a year to take it. That was really fucked up, but the new title should pay off when I seek to move elsewhere.

Pay could be better, but benefits are good. Previous jobs paid more, but I've dialed back my life a bit and embraced the lack of stress. My wife is still annoyed at my drop in pay, but she wasn't the one dealing with the stress. There comes a point where stability outweighs long hours and the constant threat of pink slips whenever a company wants to tweak their stock price just isn't worth dealing with anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    No pay isn't good enough.

It pays my car, mortgage, holiday, nice restaurants and bar, but then, no pay is ever good enough.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only have wages, and definitely not. It's a struggle to get five days a week let alone full time.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

A bit over a year ago i quit my old job after i found a new ... i did drop 10% in pay

i am actually happy when going to work now .. i see a future there, working with nice people and it is much more interesting.

would i like to make more ... i am pretty sure we all would but at what cost ?

money is not everything.