5+ Year Old Account

Talking Calling All Enhancement Shaman

Greetings fellow Shaman! First post here on the MMO-Champion. I was perusing some Shaman forums just now and I noticed a ton of negative feedback for Enhancement shamans. There seems to be a huge number of people that feel like Enhancement shamans are delivering poor dps in a variety of fights.

I've found that my DPS as an Enhancement shaman is consistently in the top 5 of my guild raids, and I'm almost always neck-in-neck with the other main DPS (usually a hunter) in my Mythic+ runs. There are a few fights I struggle with, particularly ones where bosses teleport away quicker than a Feral Lunge can cooldown, or when tanks have to run them around the room while I leap onto some adds on the other side, but on most fights, my DPS is respectable and consistent.

My question to all of you is what kind of DPS are you pulling vs. what are you comparing yourself to? I ask because I don't understand all the Enhancement hate when I've just been having the most fun ever with this spec.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Well post armory then.
    And what content (raidwise) are u doing atm?

I can tell you that I have 913-915 Ilvl, Depends on trinkets and leg I use and cant do nothing to compete with the most of other dps on my guild. They have more burst (st and AOE ) and sustained. I know enhan inside out and fights also, currently on guldan mythic. Im a better player than some but RL is confronted with hard choices when picking beetween me or a DK/DH/SP/etc.

I do good in most M+ but getting invited is pretty hard...

Deleted
    It's really simple. If you're within top 5 consistenly in your mythic raids then your raid team is incompetent

Deleted
    LeL enhancement is bad enough. Try it in pvp you will see how they really suck.

try pugging a one shot heroic clear group. you will see players that play their specs good and you will be like next to last on the meters even if you play perfectly =(

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah, you know, I am at 886 in iLvl and group with similarly geared players. I guess I'm also just lucky, because I consistently get like four or five Stormbringer procs in a row. I haven't done more than a +7 on Mythics, and I've only downed Guldan on Normal. My progress wasn't really what I was asking about though, nor do I think it matters much for what I'm intending to gather from this thread.

I also seem to mess people up pretty badly in PvP. 60second cd on Bloodlust and a totem that deals all the damage back to the attacker are intense abilities. Warlocks and rogues still kick my ass, and I can't beat a human hunter if he has all his escape buttons available, but otherwise I don't seem to have much of a problem.

My point is more that I am pretty satisfied with my DPS with where I am in terms of gear and progress, and the question posed in the original post has yet to be answered. :P I just would like to know what your DPS is and what you're comparing it to. My intent is to potentially find out if people are just unsatsified with being the absolute best, or if there is actually a severe, spec-breaking issue with Enhancement that I have yet to discover in my many hours of play.

Thanks again, guys!

The only spec-breaking issue with enhancement is that is scales like absolute shit. Your item level is pretty low for you to notice it yet. Once you break past 900+ you'll notice a difference pretty quick as everyone you outdpsed will shit all over you.

Hes top 5 dps in his raid group, raiding normal nh. Happy with his dps but only being 886 ilvl. Either a bad troll or a retard. Enh shaman are fine because this guy said so

its obvious that its a troll. Still no character name&realm, even if in next post it will be given, it will be just a set up.

Theres honestly no reason to be unkind. If enhance was purely unenjoyable noone would play it. Tbh, Ive had the same experience as others have said. Enhance 'competes' just fine up to 885ish. From there SB is too infrequent on long fights/too inconsistent on short fights.

Number 1: I wouldnt skip out on the spec if youre having fun with it! Theres plenty of people in wow that talk like hardasses, but most are just burning time so they can die sooner.
    Second: Theres good changes being tested in the ptr that *should* help alleviate some of the quitks. Enhance dps revolves around having SS uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's really simple. If you're within top 5 consistently in your mythic raids then your raid team is incompetent
    Perfectly said.

Shit I have been playing my enhancement shaman on and off since Open Beta and I have never seen that class or spec shown any respect, EVER! It's like the downs syndrome child of wow. And given WoW devs are big time assholes they like to pick on the down syndrome child instead of have it achieve its glorious best.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Perfectly said.

Shit I have been playing my enhancement shaman on and off since Open Beta and I have never seen that class or spec shown any respect, EVER! It's like the downs syndrome child of wow. And given WoW devs are big time assholes they like to pick on the down syndrome child instead of have it achieve its glorious best.
    I call bullshit on this, since there have been quite a few times Enhancement has been FotM and near top of the charts. Mid TBC-Sunwell, parts of Wrath, the 2nd half of Cata, first half of MoP.

I am a ~907 enhance shaman on Kel'Thuzad, though we just started mythic I am normally within the top 5 dps. Not sure if this will help you but here you go away!
    Guild's latest log: lookup "mulespeed" on warcraft logs, he logs all of our raids
    Heroic NH: my dps average
    Skorp: 900k
    Chro: 900k
    Trill: 700k
    Spell: 800k
    Krosus: 825k
    Tich: 900k-1m
    Star: 700-800k
    Bot: 800k
    Elli: 600-700k
    Guldan: 600-700k
    Armory: Ripvoljin - Kel'Thuzad (I swap my legends around, have all but the ring(not sephuz), roots, and prydaz)
    Im sorry I cant link, won't let me post links lol
    Last edited by RIPVoljin; 2017-05-17 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPVoljin View Post
    I am a ~907 enhance shaman on Kel'Thuzad, though we just started mythic I am normally within the top 5 dps. Not sure if this will help you but here you go away!
    Guild's latest log: lookup "mulespeed" on warcraft logs, he logs all of our raids
    Armory: Ripvoljin - Kel'Thuzad (I swap my legends around, have all but the ring(not sephuz), roots, and prydaz)
    It's heroic, no one really cares about heroic parses. If you don't have the bracers/ring or a sheer amount of luck with SB procs then you're below mediocre in ST fights. Nevermind aoe where we suck even harder when you realize spirit wolves who were supposed to be a good cooldown turns out to be trash because it's not affected by the dmg aura.
    Elemental might be bad ST wise, but when it comes to AOE they're gods. We struggle at both in comparison, i'd atleast have us be good at one thing or the other or a little above average in both

Theprejudice what do you think about the recent PTR patch changes to enhance shaman? It looks like the just took the T19 set away, though it will be irrelevant when the patch comes out anyway. Plus it looks like they really didnt think our T20 set was good enough because they made it stack up to 30 times now. They also changed one of our traits and, tbh looks like they nerfed mastery?
    Last edited by RIPVoljin; 2017-05-18 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    Yesterday our WL did 1.1m dps on Guldan Mythic, me (Frost DK) is often close to 1m dps.

Our DH did 1.3m on Krosus heroic last ID.

(and yes, even my 906 Enhance did 900k to 1m on Trilliax hc...)

There's a skill difference. If you are a good enhancer comparing to a bad DK, then yes, you might look okay'ish. But that's not happening on top player level and that's why mythic raiding looks like this:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=80

- - - Updated - - -

Theprejudice what do you think about the recent PTR patch changes to enhance shaman? It looks like the just took the T19 set away, though it will be irrelevant when the patch comes out anyway. Plus it looks like they really didnt think our T20 set was good enough because they made it stack up to 30 times now. They also changed one of our traits and, tbh looks like they nerfed mastery?
    4pT20 is very very weak. That change was stupid from yesterday. 4pT20 was nerfed heavily yesterday (by about 50%!!!!!) and stacking it up to 10 is already nearly impossible because of windstrike nerf and low sb proc chance.

I tested it yesterday. Maybe i was unlucky, but i got barely procs and it nearly never stacked up. I am pretty sure the 4pT20 is currently less than 1% dps gain.

Deleted
    They buffed mastery (off hand attacks counts now). Off hand melee attacks, storm strike off hand, lava lash! I heard even rockbiter (might be bug). In other words, spec is mechanicaly better, where every spell matters. Now only get rid of Crash Lightning from ST roration and it might be enjoyable. Numbers wont be forged around old SB chains with constant SB procs.

However, it looks good on paper but no idea hows the feeling of real playing. Spec still lacks some skill ceiling, with resource that hardly matter, it just prevent you from using spells sometimes, and thats it. Imagine spamming lava lash, when SS is on cooldown, imo it should hit like a truck for +50 maelstrom. So to be efficent you still press SS (always 20 Ms). Make MS generation a bit faster outside wolves. I would love to see some spender that requires a bit of thinking. MoP is my favourite enh iteration, and MS charges were so variable and dynamic, you had to pay attention how many you have everytime + one charge for every other spell and you really had to change priority in speed of light.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you are top in your guild doesnt mean they are fine.

I am fine when I play against people playing in the 70th percentile. Its a shame that mythic raiding guilds at the 900+ ilvl arent playing in the 70th percentile.

Indeed. I could say the same about unholy dk. I'm top 3 or 5. Does that mean unholy is fine ? No. It's just that my raid isn't performing to their fullest potential. It's pretty easy to see when you have the bis legendaries (or close) for each spec to see the difference in dps.
    I can't expect the same view for shamans since according to logs, they both perform similarly and poorly in dps.

All in all, I don't care. I'm having fun with unholy and, for now, I'm not slowing my raid down.

Deleted
    Playing (Encha) Shaman interested me ever since Vanilla, but never really got to it. Now I had a lvl 100 boost with Legion, finally used it on one. Enjoying it too! ... then I logs and forums only to see that it's performing even worse than my main (Unholy DK).

Since I raided HFC as a WW Monk, I'm starting to feel that I really have a talent for selecting shit specs.
    Maybe I should reroll DH fast so they get nerfed instantly or something, lol.