Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've seen using Google Chrome for years and I like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use Opera and Chrome. Chrome on my laptop (Linux), Opera on my desktop (Windows). Both have my Google account integrated so all browsing history etc is shared.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I use Chrome here, it works for me on my home PC. However, while at work I prefer to use Firefox, as more seems to work with more of my company tools. I like to have the choice.

Chrome is indeed the lesser of several evils.

Fun fact: If you are running Chrome and it is running like a dog, there is a good chance you are running Adblock+Ghostery+ god knows how many other 'blockers'. If you get rid of ALL of those and install uBlock Origin, you will get a huge performance and resource boost.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

When I first saw Chrome years ago, I thought, what shit, there is no way this thing can take off with it's running services, spyware (google spying), and bloat. I uninstalled it immediately. I've installed it a few times since then, and it's only got worse.

Yet the sheeple eat it up. And by now I'm sure it's probably overtaken Firefox.

I use Vivaldi. Haven't looked back since I installed it last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

I seem to flip between Safari and Chrome these days. For me, Firefox doesn't have any advantage over the two and I never tried Opera. Funny how something as simple as a browser can have such differing opinions... There's a stat on this blog post which shows that Chrome is crushing it on desktop and mobile, but actually IE is still sticking around Pretty good summary: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/h...ndows-and-mac/

Quote Originally Posted by houseofwolves View Post
    I seem to flip between Safari and Chrome these days. For me, Firefox doesn't have any advantage over the two and I never tried Opera. Funny how something as simple as a browser can have such differing opinions... There's a stat on this blog post which shows that Chrome is crushing it on desktop and mobile, but actually IE is still sticking around Pretty good summary: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/h...ndows-and-mac/
    I have used Firefox for ages and ages and ages. On my last re-install of Windows a couple weeks ago, I did not re-install Firefox and have started using Chrome. Firefox had been giving me too many issues lately on certain sites, so I was having to open them in IE or Chrome anyway. Decided not to re-install it because of that.

Those charts on the other hand, make me consider switching to Opera or Vivaldi or one of the other browsers. I have always maintained that using the most popular browser is a bad idea. When a security vulnerability crops up in Chrome, because it's so popular, Malware writers will take advantage of it. That same hole will probably not exist in other browsers. When a security hole pops up in a little used browser, less people try to take advantage of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Those charts on the other hand, make me consider switching to Opera or Vivaldi or one of the other browsers. I have always maintained that using the most popular browser is a bad idea. When a security vulnerability crops up in Chrome, because it's so popular, Malware writers will take advantage of it.
    Keep in mind that many of them are based on the Chromium engine (including Vivaldi and Opera), so they do share some source code with Chrome and likely some of the vulnerabilities even though there's code modifications and different build processes.

In any case you get less tracking, more features and customization options, so I'd still use those over Chrome.

I use both chrome and ff

Deleted
    I'm running Chrome for years, I'm more than happy with it.

Chrome was never "best".
    It performed better in some narrow areas, as did other browsers.
    Benchmarks, memory usage, startup-time, etc.
    You will find many browsers at the top at some point, and that can and will change.

I am using Chrome at present, having moved away from firefox due to it constantly losing my saved tabs.
    Though Chrome is not immune to that either, so an addon as an additional protection seems to cover the times when the default fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Switched to Chrome about 7 years ago due to instability of FF... didn't look back ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switched back to Firefox again after Chrome started becoming unstable. Such a relief to see non anti-aliased fonts again, there's absolutely no way to turn this off in Chrome, I can't stand anti-aliasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome is shit. I really dislike it. I tried it out a year or so ago but it created heavy pressure on the CPU and RAM. I switched to FF opened the exact same tabs and the pressure was cut in half.

I also dislike the somwhat fishy use of your data in chrome. Wouldnt surprise me if Google does stuff with the data collected. I dont trust Google. On the other hand there is FF with an open source code. If something fishy is going on it would have been pointed out by its countless programmers that share the code.

Lastly ther addon support of FF is way better. You can downloaded more addons not just the licensed by Google ones. Again I dont really trust Google so having to rely on addons they think I should be using leaves a bitter taste.

I dont really mind waiting half a nanosecond longer just by using FF, if at all.

I used Firefox a long time ago and switched when I realized that every new version got slower than the last one.

Google Chrome 64-bit is the best web browser that I have ever used, imho.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    I used Firefox a long time ago and switched when I realized that every new version got slower than the last one.

Google Chrome 64-bit is the best web browser that I have ever used, imho.
    Haven't tried it myself yet but it should be faster these days https://metafluff.com/2017/07/21/i-am-a-tab-hoarder/

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Default scrolling in Chrome kind of sucks though. It's chunky whereas it's smooth right out of the package in both Firefox and Edge.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Try Brave browser. Has an in build trackerremover and addblocker and its overall very fast.
    Also has an inbuild torrentdownloader for magnetlinks. Its pretty new though so its bound to miss some features.

Its created by Brendan Eich (the creator of Mozilla and JavaScript.)

https://brave.com/
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-07-25 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Try Brave browser. Has an in build trackerremover and addblocker and its overall very fast.
    Also has an inbuild torrentdownloader for magnetlinks. Its pretty new though so its bound to miss some features.

Its created by Brendan Eich (the creator of Mozilla and JavaScript.)

https://brave.com/
    Trying it now but unfortunately going by 1st impressions I can tell you I won't be using it. One of the main reasons I moved away from Chrome was because of the imposed anti-aliased fonts which Brave also uses because it's powered with the same underlying engine.

Too bad , uninstalling...

*Update*
    Didn't fully uninstall itself either, had to go in and get rid of stuff it left behind.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-07-26 at 07:59 PM.