10+ Year Old Account

Chaffetz Demands all FBI documents on Trump, Comey

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-comey-n760556

The Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee demanded Tuesday that the FBI turn over all documents it has about communications between President Donald Trump and former FBI Director James Comey.

Chairman Jason Chaffetz of Utah sent the letter (PDF) a few hours after The New York Times first reported that Trump allegedly asked Comey to end the FBI's investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who resigned in February following reports that he misled Vice President Mike Pence about his conversations with Russia's ambassador to the United States.

NBC News has independently confirmed the Times report, along with additional details. Multiple sources with firsthand knowledge of the memo said it was part of a paper trail that Comey built to document what he believed to be Trump's efforts to derail the FBI's investigation of alleged Russian ties to his presidential campaign.

In an interview with NBC News, Chaffetz said that if the memo exists and accurately recorded the conversation, "that seems like an extraordinary use of influence to try to shut down an investigation being done by the FBI."

Chaffetz tweeted later: "I have my subpoena pen ready."
    Looks like even some of the GOP are (temporarily) growing a spine. Or at least they're getting sick of trump's shit.

Then he should just subpoena it then.

This is going to be exactly like what McCain has been doing, and for some reason getting credit for, saying "tough" things and doing jack shit.

If this was Clinton, the subpoena would have been written the second the news articles dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Skroe

well, this is gonna be a fun time. The GOP requires Trump, without him its hard to say what momentum they really have. I don't expect them to act until the final second

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Then he should just subpoena it then.

This is going to be exactly like what McCain has been doing, and for some reason getting credit for, saying "tough" things and doing jack shit.

If this was Clinton, the subpoena would have been written the second the news articles dropped.
    I agree they're completely hypocritical, but at least having them speaking out publicly it's better than just hand waving every scandal away and pretending it doesn't exist. But yeah, time will tell if they actually do anything. If the earlier rumors about Chaffetz were true then it'd make sense that he starts taking action now.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    @Skroe

well, this is gonna be a fun time. The GOP requires Trump, without him its hard to say what momentum they really have. I don't expect them to act until the final second
    At this point the Republicans need to seriously think about throwing Trump overboard to save themselves from getting crushed in the midterms.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    At this point the Republicans need to seriously think about throwing Trump overboard to save themselves from getting crushed in the midterms.
    Even so, I don't think they have much approval either way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Donnie is the only thing that saved that sinking ship to ve quite honest. His die hards werent happy with the GOP either.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Even so, I don't think they have much approval either way.
    Yeah I can't imagine the party's approval ratings as a whole are doing so hot right now.