Game Workshop creative bankrupcy.

TLDR : Warhammer 40k is either known by you or unknown. But to summarize, it's about stuff in space. Orks in SPAACE ! Annoying Elves in SPAACE ! Annoying but sadist Elves in SPAAACE ! Monks in SPAAACE ! (with very big guns). And so forth.

You might know, but the story is finally progressing in WH40K. A primarch is back ! And he have a plan to repulse Chaos.

Of course, everyone excepted that the plan would be around ''fielding expensives miniatures'' but Roboute 10 000 years in the making is...

Ultramarines. But with a yet bigger gun. Totally not to replace space marines miniatures, oh no. Just better stats all around.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    TLDR : Warhammer 40k is either known by you or unknown. But to summarize, it's about stuff in space. Orks in SPAACE ! Annoying Elves in SPAACE ! Annoying but sadist Elves in SPAAACE ! Monks in SPAAACE ! (with very big guns). And so forth.

You might know, but the story is finally progressing in WH40K. A primarch is back ! And he have a plan to repulse Chaos.

Of course, everyone excepted that the plan would be around ''fielding expensives miniatures'' but Roboute 10 000 years in the making is...

Ultramarines. But with a yet bigger gun. Totally not to replace space marines miniatures, oh no. Just better stats all around.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/
    Considering how much of Warhammer 40K's world involves mixing and mashing together different ideas and seeing how it'd adapt to a crazy, ludicrously over the top space fantasy with casual genocide on a planetary scale occuring everyday, you'd think they never run out of ideas. How about an army of delusional alien sasquatches who want to make the galaxy better by giving out hugs to everybody, the catch being that they don't know their own strength, and inadvertently keep snapping huggees like twigs? They could even have a story arc about overcoming their instinctual behavior and finding other ways to spread love throughout the galaxy... like deploying a pacifying gas on colonies that is supposed to end conflict by inducing laughter in people, but they die of oxygen deprivation as a result...

It'd be glorious.

Progressing the story in 40K is a catch 22. It doesn't matter what the fuck they'll do a sizeable chunk of the fanbase will bitch, moan, wail, cry, fling their own shit at the wall, threaten to bomb their offices etc.

Ultramarines are the flagship product of the franchise from the Empire angle, being the somewhat knuckle headed but fairly reasonable and noble right bunch in all the fuckin Grimdarkness, but the setting is also intentionally created in a way that you can very well shoehorn your custom Angry Marines/Pretty Marines army in the story.

I'm a Guard guy, regardless I don't care if they'll use Robot Girlyman to progress things, as long as they don't fucking turn 40k into Stormhammer Fantasy 2.0 in Space.

Deleted
    Roboute didn't make them, supposedly they were commisioned by him just after the Heresy and Belisariaus Cawl has just been knocking them out for 10,000 years.

Still need to see a points cost, but the early stat line doesn't make them that much better than regular Marines.

They also aren't just Ultramarines, they are mix of all the Primarchs DNA, companies have been shipped out to every Space Marine Chapter, and some new chapters have been made entirely of Primaris Marines.

If your going to shitpost, atleast get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    You sure? Ultramarines + Mechanicum usually = Graham McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Roboute didn't make them, supposedly they were commisioned by him just after the Heresy and Belisariaus Cawl has just been knocking them out for 10,000 years.

Still need to see a points cost, but the early stat line doesn't make them that much better than regular Marines.

They also aren't just Ultramarines, they are mix of all the Primarchs DNA, companies have been shipped out to every Space Marine Chapter, and some new chapters have been made entirely of Primaris Marines.

If your going to shitpost, atleast get your facts straight.
    Shitposting might be unwarranted here, considering that the new super unit, whose fluff describe as better and faster than previous marines, are just the iconic unit of the setting, but better

You DIDN'T expect age of sigmar 2.0? From the tabletop EA?

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I know very little about the WH40K universe and the folks that work at Games Workshop, but hot damn was that a wild read.

My beef is mostly how boring these Primaris fellows are. Don't we have already have several cadres of Super Space Marines? Between the Terminators, Grey Knights, Custodes and Primarchs, that trope is more than covered. But nope, here are the Not Quite Super Space Marines. Seems it's all the creativity GW can muster.

I'd like something big done with the lore. for example a new chaos god showing up who might have always existed but now shows itself because it's bored with the other gods and throws a huge pile of steaming shit in their face causing a short period of 'rest' in which the other races are able to develop themselves somewhat further. Based on this they could add a whole bunch off stuff from new cool techs to entire new races being discovered while exploring further.

Conceptually, new marines but better is not that bad, it's just that it's a retcon of gigantic proportions.

The Imperium consider Human lives cheaper than ammo for rifles (and the ammo pack can be recharged with a campfire. The Imperium sucks hardcore but by all accounts, Space Marines are not expendable. Each chapter (1000 marines) is a colossal investment for the Imperium, both in gene-seeds and in precious, precious, precious functional high technology (vehicles, power armour, weapons, starships...)

How the f... Cawl and in-stasis-Gulliman managed to hoard for milleniums stuff to produce so many Space Marines ? The gene seed tithes were barely enough to keep founding new chapters (there are roughly 1000 chapters in WH40K), how they found so many ?

10+ Year Old Account
    But their helmets are cool!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Conceptually, new marines but better is not that bad, it's just that it's a retcon of gigantic proportions.

The Imperium consider Human lives cheaper than ammo for rifles (and the ammo pack can be recharged with a campfire. The Imperium sucks hardcore but by all accounts, Space Marines are not expendable. Each chapter (1000 marines) is a colossal investment for the Imperium, both in gene-seeds and in precious, precious, precious functional high technology (vehicles, power armour, weapons, starships...)

How the f... Cawl and in-stasis-Gulliman managed to hoard for milleniums stuff to produce so many Space Marines ? The gene seed tithes were barely enough to keep founding new chapters (there are roughly 1000 chapters in WH40K), how they found so many ?
    Chapters are restricted to ~1000 by design as the Imperium doesn't totally trust the Marines, it's relatively easy to mass-produce gene-seed by implanting slaves who are used to gestate progenoids, it takes ~5 years for an "Aspirant" to be ready for progenoid implanting, the first matures after 5 years and the second 5 years after that.

The wargear and ships for the new Chapters might be a bit harder to get hold of but we're talking about the production facilities of Mars, even if it's a teeny percentage of its output being channeled towards the new Marines it's going to add up to a lot over 10,000 years.

Overall I don't doubt the plausibility of these new Marines existing within the 40k universe, but I don't like the convenience of the project being completed just in time for Guilliman being restored unless some sort of prescience is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Progressing the story in 40K is a catch 22. It doesn't matter what the fuck they'll do a sizeable chunk of the fanbase will bitch, moan, wail, cry, fling their own shit at the wall, threaten to bomb their offices etc.

Ultramarines are the flagship product of the franchise from the Empire angle, being the somewhat knuckle headed but fairly reasonable and noble right bunch in all the fuckin Grimdarkness, but the setting is also intentionally created in a way that you can very well shoehorn your custom Angry Marines/Pretty Marines army in the story.

I'm a Guard guy, regardless I don't care if they'll use Robot Girlyman to progress things, as long as they don't fucking turn 40k into Stormhammer Fantasy 2.0 in Space.
    Progressing it is somthing they have needed to do for some time and i think they did a great job in thier choice of what to do.

Bringing back big G was prob the best choice they could have made, The imperium is a mess from about 9000 years of missmanagement and big G has the balls to fix that shit and from the sounds of it he will. Indeally he would reform the legions but he cant do that because of the codex. This is the next step. A new type of space marines while gathering the remaining alive loyal primarchs. Specially with Lion getting his head out of his ass in the coming supplements.

Shame they arnt making novels out of this shit.

You DIDN'T expect age of sigmar 2.0? From the tabletop EA?
    40k isnt doing a hard reboot like sigmar did.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sorry but how is it a retcon? Im more than certain the primarchs had set aside some gene seed if not the imperium or mechanicum. And i dont remember the tiths saying it was barely enough to create new chapters. It doesnt sound like he made legions of them. Just maby 5-10 chapters and supplements for others. I think your more mad at change than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Chapters are restricted to ~1000 by design as the Imperium doesn't totally trust the Marines, it's relatively easy to mass-produce gene-seed by implanting slaves who are used to gestate progenoids, it takes ~5 years for an "Aspirant" to be ready for progenoid implanting, the first matures after 5 years and the second 5 years after that.

The wargear and ships for the new Chapters might be a bit harder to get hold of but we're talking about the production facilities of Mars, even if it's a teeny percentage of its output being channeled towards the new Marines it's going to add up to a lot over 10,000 years.

Overall I don't doubt the plausibility of these new Marines existing within the 40k universe, but I don't like the convenience of the project being completed just in time for Guilliman being restored unless some sort of prescience is involved.
    I think the amount of time passing isnt being covered well enough. I think the gathering storm and this new development happened over 50ish+ years but because the only fucking story we have is from campaign supplements and not an actual novel arc we dont know the hard details.