Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    It's not like the bar is set that high.
    I don't know, original one is basically "The room" of fantasy series.

The Witcher has great potential to become a great TV serie, I just hope that it doesn't become another ''The Hexer''. I hope they film at real locations with proper CGI for the monsters and magic, and the actor playing Geralt has to absolutely nail his role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interested in the cast. Witcher is a very mature franchise so they need to be careful not to dumb it down.

This could be Netflix's Game of Thrones if they do it right.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If they're going to do a TV series on this, then it needs to be big. With all the fantasy elements and creatures in it, they shouldn't go cheap on the effects/CGI.
    This, please Netflix don't fuck this up, like you fucked up Marvel's Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Netflix has a Castlevania series on the way first, if that's good maybe there will be hope for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be VERY good. I was never a huge fan of the games, but the story is solid... So I think a TV show based on this story could be really good.

Especially on Netflix, where they'll hopefully not dumb it down, or tone out the violence.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Sessa View Post
    Actually I think the game start where the books end. Anyone who knows better feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Really looking forward to the TV-show, and as said above, hope they go big, really big!
    The Witcher books end and then there are video games which use estabilished characters, lore, all truthfully to the source material. The plot and story is totally new.

It is "what happend next" type of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    The games are not canon.
    Intriguing! Well the first 3 books are super cheap on amazon, time to dive into more story!

Quote Originally Posted by Sessa View Post
    Actually I think the game start where the books end. Anyone who knows better feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Really looking forward to the TV-show, and as said above, hope they go big, really big!
    You are correct, the games start after the last book.

Also if I recall correctly the author of the books views the games as non canonical so the series could have a substantially different plot then the games.

I dreamed of this, but I was afraid they'd make a movie or that the rights would be kept in Poland where they wouldn't be able to raise the budget or talent necessary to make it good. As others have mentioned, this could be a big series if they do it right.

If they intend to do it like they did with Death Note, they need not waste their money and our time.

The thing is that because of the nature of the story special effects budget will be ludicrous, if they want ot do it well, it's going to be far higher than even Game of Thrones. Sure, you can use makeup for many of the creatures, but for many more no amount of makeup would do any good. Because Witcher is the story of the two swords. One for the natural world, and one for magical. You can't focus on one aspect and disregard the other.

Game of Thrones is a show which takes place on a much larger scale, with tons of locations and armies. Besides the occasional magic trick and monster, The Witcher shouldn't be THAT expensive.

Wind is howling....botchling's on the prowl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good news. I enjoyed the stories much more than I liked the game play.

Ugh.. it better be good. Whenever I think of Netflix I don't usually associate it with the type of quality I'd want for this franchise - it's most of the times somewhere about in the middle..

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Good news. I enjoyed the stories much more than I liked the game play.
    I think all the gameplay was great except the sword fighting. 100% agree the melee combat in Witcher 3 sucked, but every other part of the game was so polished it almost didn't matter.

ie: Horizon is a great and polished game with a fantastic battle system. Sucks compared to Witcher 3 because there is epic and then there is legendary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I think all the gameplay was great except the sword fighting. 100% agree the melee combat in Witcher 3 sucked, but every other part of the game was so polished it almost didn't matter.

ie: Horizon is a great and polished game with a fantastic battle system. Sucks compared to Witcher 3 because there is epic and then there is legendary.
    The sword fighting is what drove me from the game; I never could get into it.

I loved the gameplay, I thought it really captured the feel of being a witcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    As a massive fan of Witcher 2 and 3 with the accompanying DLC (never played the first), I am intrigued to see how this goes.

Does anyone know if the games are a massive departure from the books in terms of plot?
    The games are set after the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    He could look like an older Geralt if made up properly, with a white wig. That's pretty much where the similarities end, though. Mikkelsen is great at playing cold, calculated characters, and even a bit sad, forlorn ones. Playing a character who gets quite emotional, angry, annoyed, a character who's in love, or has a crush, and all the things Geralt is, none of it is really up Mikkelsen's alley. Then there's that very unique voice and accent of his, which he can't change at all. Nothing like Geralt.
    Geralt has stunted emotions, like all Witchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hopefully it will be better than original tv series
    The wat now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

The wat now?

The work of art.