Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PTR Mantle effect

Diddnt see this asked yet.

is Mantle of Command updated on the PTR yet with its new ability? has anyone had the opportunity to test how much Mantle buffs the reset of DB/DF?

Im just trying to figure out if i should start trying to grab new shoulders plus Apex claw for the Trispec +10% pet or if mantles effect will still be worth taking it over ring.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Diddnt see this asked yet.
    Probably because everyone read http://www.wowhead.com/news=263365/7...e-achievements
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Last I checked the apex predators claw only gave 5% pet damage. I haven't seen anywhere that it's long time ago nerf was being reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Last I checked the apex predators claw only gave 5% pet damage. I haven't seen anywhere that it's long time ago nerf was being reverted.
    Ya it hasn't been buffed, and off topic but since it was brought up it also gives your pet cornered regardless of what spec it's in, which means if your pet is below 35% health it does 20% more dmg (and I'll let you fill in the blanks on how you can make sure that at least for every boss pull you got that advantage fr your opener). Apex Predator's Claw is a lot better than it may seem.

That said no it's not better than the belt, so if you have that use it, and it's still bis. 2nd leg can be w.e basically after these changes, remains to be seen what is actually best tho but I think they're all pretty close (as far as the BM specific legs go).
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-06 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Ya it hasn't been buffed, and off topic but since it was brought up it also gives your pet cornered regardless of what spec it's in, which means if your pet is below 35% health it does 20% more dmg (and I'll let you fill in the blanks on how you can make sure that at least for every boss pull you got that advantage fr your opener). Apex Predator's Claw is a lot better than it may seem.

That said no it's not better than the belt, so if you have that use it, and it's still bis. 2nd leg can be w.e basically after these changes, remains to be seen what is actually best tho but I think they're all pretty close (as far as the BM specific legs go).
    How often and how long does your pet spend below 35% health, exactly?

I have tried the cornered trick. On m+ your pet can stay below 35% for most of the boss fight. It all depends om healers aoe heals. On raids it last a lot shorter. KC crits 1.8 - 2.0kk are nice Here is a screenshot from today's HoV +11 Hyrja.

So what are the easy ways to get your pet's health really low? Do you just have to stick it on trash and hope they beat it down to somewhere from 1%-35%? Or is there a more reliable method that folks are using?

I just had my all gear sets assigned in Equipment Manager and before pull i drop all of my gear (also assigned in Equipment Manager). When i put it back on i have max health but beast has ~10% This is how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzzyl View Post
    I just had my all gear sets assigned in Equipment Manager and before pull i drop all of my gear (also assigned in Equipment Manager). When i put it back on i have max health but beast has ~10% This is how it goes.
    I will have to try a variation of that. 10% on the beast could lead to a one-shot. Maybe 20-25%.

That's a pretty neat trick.

Deleted
    It just does not work. Removing all gear puts my pet at 400 HP and then it jumps to full when I equip it all. Devs fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    It just does not work. Removing all gear puts my pet at 400 HP and then it jumps to full when I equip it all. Devs fixed it.
    I just did it 30 seconds ago and it worked fine for me.

Deleted
    Then you're doing something a bit more nuanced than just removing your armor and putting it back on. Do you have your pet unsummoned when you do it? I can make a video to demonstrate if you want, but I remove all my gear with the equipment manager, my and the pet's HP drops. Equip everything, we're both back to full.

Even with thunderslash's nerf, if you opt out of using the shoulders in 7.2.5, CotW combo'd with a CoF is an option

You might want to not unequip some trinkets or items with procs as you reset them and put them on CD and that might be counter productive for boss fights.

Then you're doing something a bit more nuanced than just removing your armor and putting it back on. Do you have your pet unsummoned when you do it? I can make a video to demonstrate if you want, but I remove all my gear with the equipment manager, my and the pet's HP drops. Equip everything, we're both back to full.
    I didn't do anything special. With pet standing next to me, I just took off everything but trinkets (they give no stam), then put it all back on and pet was at 10% health and stayed that way. He did regen slowly while out of combat, but that stops as soon as you engage something.

Deleted
    The only thing you could be doing different is rushing it. Sometimes when you unequip your gear it takes up to 5 sec's until your pet's hp is updated. Monitor its health and equip your gear after the hp has changed to the lower value. And the same goes for the reverse process ... sometimes its hp doesn't grow back for a few seconds after you equip your gear.

Deleted
    Okay, it never worked for me until I was making an animated gif to show it, and then I figured out how to trigger it. The devs must have tried to fix it IMO, but there's a work around.

Deleted
    Yes. What I gathered from my testing is that there must have been a fix attempted. If Apex is equipped within 2-3 seconds of putting all our gear then the pet's HP will instantly go up. If we re-equip, wait 2-3 seconds and then equip Apex the HP stays low. It's the only way I found to make it work but it's pretty doable on raids.

So I can't have a set with Apex. I need a set naked, another fully geared but without Apex, and then throw Apex on my bars. Quicky switching from naked to geared can be done in a second, then wait 2-3, then equip Apex.

Edit: Tested. Not impressed. The damage increase -is- noticeable, but in a raid my pet went from 10% to 80% under five seconds of the pull.
    Last edited by mmocb0599ef382; 2017-05-13 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    You might want to not unequip some trinkets or items with procs as you reset them and put them on CD and that might be counter productive for boss fights.
    That's a 100% negative. It has always been best practice to equip/unequip trinkets and other items with procs before a boss fight, this way you're more likely to get procs in your opener, then say if you just had a proc on some trash pack you killed 10 seconds before the next boss pull, doing this will reset any internal cds, and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-13 at 11:27 PM.