Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it will do OK. At minimum ~$400 million world wide. If WB can make good money despite putting out weak movies like BvS or Suicide Squad, they should be able to do well with even a poor Wonder Woman movie.

Whether its a good movie or not, I dunno. I liked her in BvS but she didn't change the world either.

I've heard rumblings that its good but that's meaningless. Its already failed the first test of a good movie. I know people don't put a lot of stock in movie reviews but any movie that gets a large number of positive reviews a week before release is often good. It shows that the film company is proud of their product. Bad movies are usually hidden from view until release day.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/entert...an-women-only/

I wonder if a bunch of dudes will mass troll it, all you gotta do to get a ticket is to tell them they "Identify as woman", that would be fun.
    It's DC so we're probably dodging a bullet anyways.

It has a shot if they do it like the 1st Captain America movie. But DC movies always suck for some reason.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Gal is not an ugly woman by far.
    She is in a dire need of rhino- and cheiloplasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    She is in a dire need of rhino- and cheiloplasty.
    Visit to Optometrist you need. Quick go you must.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC movies outside of batman suck so no it will flop hard.

It probably will. Unless people keep doing 'women only screenings' and it turns into a huge political mess like ghost busters did... Then it'll probably fail.

There are enough lesbians out there to make it a reasonable success, but it certainly won't be a mega hit like Avengers movies.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of girls/mothers of girls are looking for a strong female character to look up to. And in particular one that is family-rated but also not just another princess. It's also already been very heavily marketed with merchandise. That alone plus more mainstream movie-goers will at least be enough for it to do fairly well. It will probably need to be out for a week or two to know if the story is strong enough to carry it beyond that to be a larger hit.

The trailers have looked pretty good. But my guess would be it's more in the former category above, doing fairly well with girls and moms but not being a smash hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I usually don't care for super heroes comics or movies, but i was thinking on the possibilty of seeing this movie with my gf as soon as its released here. WW is her childhood hero.

But after reading this ridiculous thing you linked, i wont spend a penny on this shit !
    It's 1 cinema that's doing it, it has nothing to do the with film itself.

Might as well just state that you'll never go to the cinema again because 1 cinema decided to do a Woman only screening.

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Noomz;45885346]
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    She looks malnourished. Okay, I'll say she looks like muscle and bone because all the fat seems to be gone.
    I guess women have a hard time building bulk. But she's really more the marathon runner kind of fit, and not boxer or fighter fit.
    So why does she wear armor at all then? Seems really pointless. Just wear something practical instead of titplate.

I did a quick google. I dont know who this lady is but she looks amazing. This is the strong look I think would fit Wonder Woman much better. More amazonian, less photo model.
    http://jillfit.com/wp-content/upload...atalieJill.jpg
    I think the model you posted would have been a better look, but it might be hard to find women that are both good actors suitable for the role and spends that much time in the gym.

Either way, it's not like she needs to have big muscles for the story to make sense. As far as I know her strength comes from her super powers and not her muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    In my opinion most Marvel movies are overrated. They just have a formula they go for with the lighter tone which is much more critic proof and helps hide flaws. But I know that's blasphemy on the internet where it's cool to bash DC endlessly.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I did a quick google. I dont know who this lady is but she looks amazing. This is the strong look I think would fit Wonder Woman much better. More amazonian, less photo model. http://jillfit.com/wp-content/upload...atalieJill.jpg
    This particular...artwork more fitting.

I think the movie will do very well.
    And I think Whedon joining DC will be better in the long run. (He always gave me the impression that he wasn't very comfortable with Marvel/Disney)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    To be honest this sounds more like you inventing a political subtext where there isn't one.
    Don't get personal.

There's plenty of people that will hear that tagline and associate it with Hillary campaign slogan. I think that's undeniable and so its a poor choice.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hope it will be. With all the recent hero movies being made, I was wanting one that would solely be based on a woman. We have Black Widow in The Avengers (not a movie just about her), but she's boring and I don't really consider her a real superhero in the movies. Does she even have powers in the movie?
    She is really good at espionage and did receive some enhancement from the people who trained her. So she is super human but has no super powers.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-05-27 at 03:04 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Seeing as it's a DC movie: It will probably get a monstrous amount of money, but will not do as well as Marvel movies so DC will be pissed as usual. As for the movie it depends, I don't know the circumstances for this one. If it's like suicide squad with 120 different screenwriters + heavy studio meddling trying to make it more like a Marvel movie it will be an incoherent stupid mess just like SS was. If it's a good script and a good director with a vision it could be good.

Wait and see. Currently we have nothing to go by other than a couple of trailers that were not really convincing, and the latest fiasco that was Supes vs Bats. To be honest, I wonder why they don't let the Warner animated crew to write the script, they're doing an amazing job with the cartoon universe.

When has DC ever been pissed it didn't make as much as Marvel?
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Nah she's just really good at espionage and can hold her own in a fight.
    Except against anyone with a significant advantage or has strong super-powers.
    She's at her best in the shadows...hidden, acquiring info, and for that quick assassin's strike.

I WANT it to do well, I really do. But I'm not expecting anything good given DC's recent track record. If it's good I'll be pleasantly surprised, if it's bad I won't be disapointed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When has DC ever been pissed it didn't make as much as Marvel? Except against anyone with a significant advantage or has strong super-powers.
    She's at her best in the shadows...hidden, acquiring info, and for that quick assassin's strike.
    She was enchanted like captain America and fought in world war 2. She is super human but has no super powers and depending on your definition of a super hero she might not fit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked wonder woman. Also i can imagine it will be like the below.