Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friend was a Tauren.

...Nowadays, if I was to start new, I would probably be some bulky Draenei Shaman.

Playing orks in 40k and orcs and goblins in wfb back in the early 2000s led me to immediately go horde

I started out Horde, still play my Orc warrior as an alt, all the way back from just before patch 1.10

But by some point in late BC, I just got tired of the constant Horde meat-head attitude when it came to Alliance. It was like living with a bunch of dudebro frat-boys.

By Wrath I had switched to raiding Alliance side with my paladin. Haven't really turned back since. Not saying Alliance players are always great, but the faux-testosterone and meatheadedness is much, much less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I chose a Human mage, because I am human and humans have to be alliance.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Chose Alliance I wanted to play a paladin.

First character was an undead warlock because I was fascinated with the Ruins of Lordaeron. I loved the scene in WC3 where Arthas killed his father in the throne room. The little splatter of blood that's still there in WoW is an awesome touch.

Second character was a dwarf...something. Can't remember, I didn't play him long. I thought it was really cool walking around left footprints in the snow, but I loved the ambiance of Tirisfal Glades & the Undercity, so I went back to my warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojii View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm just curious at what made you choose your current faction? I originally chose alliance, but swapped to horde because my friends played there. But now none of them play anymore and considering swapping over to alliance again. But what made you choose yours?
    I play Horde, because I always side with the good guys..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

First? I was trying to decide what was the best fit for me class wise... wound up choosing night elf hunter for reasons about soloing and access to shadowmeld (viewed as poor man's stealth). Played around with it for awhile and then joined a raid to hit the crossroads.... got lost and separated from the group. For whatever reason the view of the area just made me swap to horde to experience it more. Rerolled troll mage after an hour of running around trying to tame some lions.

I then realized trolls had the sexiest voice in the game and thus rolled troll anything till wod.

Started off Alliance because that's what my real life friends were playing, simple as that.

Over the years, as they've quit, I've switched factions to Horde, and now I play both factions, neither really dominantly.

Orc, because it was the first race that popped up when I opened the Character Creation screen. I played different orc characters briefly (never made it past Razor Hill with any of them) before I played as a dwarf for a while until I created an undead that would serve as my main for a few years.

I play on both factions now.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-15 at 07:59 AM.

I started back in middle Classic WoW. I was staying the weekend at a friend's and he already had a level 60, but me, I had never ever heard before about WoW or Warcraft or whatever. So he told me to create a character in his account and try the game. Since I had no idea about lore or history, I just took the one that attracted me the most: tauren druid.

Played a couple hours and ended up creating my own account and subscribing the next day. Deleted and re-created the same character on my account. And still playing that very first character. That's pretty much it.

My friends play Alliance back in Vanilla so I went Alliance, mained a Nelf druide until TBC, then I left.
    Started again in Cata, again friends stuff, went for female dwarfen resto shaman, played and loved her until end of WoD.
    All my friends stopped playing again at this point.
    My wife and I started playing Horde because we wanted to join a community guild (famouse German 24/7 Twitch TV channel). Broke up and formed my own guild on the same server.

I would say I never choose Horde vs. Alliance.
    I don't play Undead or Goblins, I still love my female dwarfen warrior and shaman, love me my Tauren and Orcs.

I would still vote for no faction races ppl are really stupid on both sides, calling each other out the same way for being stupid and so on.

7+ Year Old Account
    I started as a Dwarf Hunter day one of WoW. Like most people i saw the Dwarf with that bear in the opening video and wanted to be that. When i was level 30 however i was questing in the wetlands and trying to find the place i had to go. I had my map up then boom i was dead. When i looked at what killed me i saw a level 60 Troll Shaman mounting his molten red raptor. I thought he looks bad ass as fuck so i deleted my Dwarf and made a... Female Undead Warrior (at the time i didn't know you needed rep to buy other races mounts). I have been horde ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friends mostly, I was alliance from 2006 til early 2012 then switched to horde to play with friends, do kinda miss alliance and want to go back but none of my friends play them.

Saw the cover for Warcraft 2, thought it was another big baddie which humans had to kill. Turned out I could play as orc. Been orc fan ever since. the end.

Horde has more races different from human. Alliance having Human, Dwarf, Gnome... not all that interesting a selection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goldshire.

Prefer everything in the horde, but the alliance has goldshire.

I took alliance because I wanted to play a hunter that used guns. Back in the days dwarven hunters had more gun skills than other hunters. And after that I just stayed alliance with all my other toons due to the "friends" I had got to learn on the ally side.

I wanted to explore Elven forests, so I picked the one with Elves.

I chose alliance because outside of the first two forsaken zones all the horde areas were extremely dull with no major stories to them. Alliance players remember going into westfall and going from farm to farm leading to a ghost town, into a mine and finally your first dungeon fighting thieves and bandits to a giant boat readying to leave and wreck stormwind for example. Then duskwood and the undead, the legend of stalvan and so on.

Horde really had makriks wife and bugger all else for a looooooong time in their leveling experience.

Plus it was keeps and castles vs orange or green wastes with huts in. Yay.