Question Is there a cultural reason why NA guilds mention US/OCE ranks while EU guilds do not?

Browsing through wowprogress today, I saw that Easy had killed Mythic Fallen Avatar (congratulations to them), but when I entered their page on wowprogress, I couldn't help but notice that they were mixing US and World ranks without any particular pattern.

As I was surprised by them listing this, I went on a hunt for other US guilds that did just this, and found numerous guilds high up and far down the rankings that did just this among the NA guilds, whilst being completely absent from EU guilds. (I also chose to not look into asian guilds because they are also often excluded or disregarded from rankings in many ways).

This may be a general off-topic sort of question, but since it is World of Warcraft related to me I chose this forum instead.

Is there a cultural difference between US and EU that is causing many US guilds to list their US ranking rather than world rank, and does this sort of ranking occur in other games and/or traditional sports as well in the US or is it isolated to World of Warcraft PvE?

If this doesn't belong here, please move the thread or lock it and I will re-create it in general off-topic.

The answer is obvious, this seems like bait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    Is there a cultural difference between US and EU that is causing many US guilds to list their US ranking rather than world rank, and does this sort of ranking occur in other games and/or traditional sports as well in the US or is it isolated to World of Warcraft PvE?
    Yes to cultural difference. And not just in WoW.

If this doesn't belong here, please move the thread or lock it and I will re-create it in general off-topic.
    Considering the above answer, I'd say General Off-topic is indeed where you should have placed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The answer is obvious, this seems like bait.
    I know what you are getting at, but if that was the case and/or the only reason, surely guilds on EU realms would list their EU (or even EU/DE, EU/EN, EU/ES, EU/RU) ranks as well as their world ranks on their pages too. There is a reason I ask if this occurs in traditional sports and/or other video games as well.
    Last edited by Kief; 2017-07-16 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the answer is 2 fold, first off it's an ingrained mentality that 'murica' is great and therefore you should think in that regard first and foremost, add to the fact that there has been 0 US guilds since wrath, and even then it was really only due to the time zone differences, that have had any chance of the highest rankings in the world as seen on wowprogress and other sites that rank guilds, as of right now there are 2 'americas' guilds in the top 20 in the world, (not counting limit since they have withdrawn from the 'race'), so by stating your region ranking first, it may look more appealing to potential recruits by saying you are US top 50 guild, when in reality that may mean world rankings in the 300's or something like that (just using random numbers but you get my point), it's more beneficial to do so for recruitment purposes, some EU guilds do it but it is very few and far between due to region ranking meaning much less to use EU players than overall world rankings.

I know what you are getting at, but if that was the case and/or the only reason, surely guilds on EU realms would list their EU (or even EU/DE, EU/EN, EU/ES, EU/RU) ranks as well as their world ranks on their pages too. There is a reason I ask if this occurs in traditional sports and/or other video games as well.
    DE, EN, ES, and RU are not half of the entire playerbase. "US" (NA) is.