Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...d-earthen-ring

If there is a server where all people is bad, this is it. Everybody says Ragnaros but this is the worst server by far. Ragnaros (assuming you are talking about US one) has three 10/10 guilds, so it has at least 60 good enough players to finish the content.
    The problem with Earthen Ring/DMF is low population combined with a historically high number of guilds that won't merge It has been this way since at least Burning Crusade.
    (and unfortunately, I'm stuck there, because there is no way I'm paying a metric crapton of money to move all my characters to a different server)

This being said, you can find some very good individual players there.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

People in Ragnaros and Gallywix @_#

Mage | Demon Hunter | Druid

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    I do a lot of M+ groups. One thing I've started to noticed is that when people are invited from certain servers, regardless of their ilvl and perceived experience, they are just bad. e.g. Have strange, inefficient, and often deadly dungeon routes; never interrupt casts; low dps despite high ilvl; and generally lead the group to their death multiple times. Ever see this? Is this a latency thing based on server location? Cultural? Language?
    as strange as it may seem to people playing mainly on super popolated servers there are some low pop servers with next to none or in fact none mythic guilds so answearing your question :

yes there are whole server that are weak/average at best at wow.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    leave those people on Gallywix alone......
    Gallywix member here: When people ask, I say we are a new US server, with a small community of portuguese players <_<

I've seen bad players from every goddamn server. The Raid Leader refuses to invite people from Bleeding Hollow, for example. Our main tank used to pug Nighthold N with grand success near the launch. Last week I went with a guild group from Ragnaros for a Gul'dan H kill, and it was a very smooth run, then I went into a Heroic dungeon and found one of those elusives Tank Mages from a common US server (Vengeance DH was at full speed and the magic man managed to pull beyond him).

I think the community lashes on bad players from specific servers more if said bad player speaks other language. Makes the person and the server stand out.

Wondering how much posts till mods close this thread

Yes, It's called Stormscale-EU
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Yes, the server is called Ragnaros.

Doubt its whole servers main problem is groupfinder shows total ilvl not equipped. Since i start alot my groups as tank i notice that alot half of the time i inv 900+ and they cant brake 350k dps. I would be embarrassed as dps when the tank drstroys you in dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came and saw, was not disappoint.

OT: Not the entire server, but like, 99% of them?

On my old battle group I think it was Tich was the assholes and Proudmoore was the bads. It came from noticeably higher than average behavior compared to other realms.

You never played with portuguese players in pvp (thats right grim batol), I always fear seeing them on my team. Probably the language barrier as well.... again portug. + russian -> no love from me

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Gallywix member here: When people ask, I say we are a new US server, with a small community of portuguese players <_<
    Your MMO champion profile has a nice location...

no, i selected only italian, spanish and english pugs, the languange with whom i can communicate, so i didnt have problems. if there is a difficulty i go in nice mode and start to explain tactics or hints and i always solved.
    i even finished a vault+14 in 4 people with tyrannical in this way

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm wondering if one guild in a single server is capable of reducing it's reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Your MMO champion profile has a nice location...
    And it doesn't appear in-game, so Gallywix still totally is a new US server!

I used to have this trend of thinking a few expansions back, was way too obvious and noticed a pattern but i forgot most servers now.

Nowadays EU side is 100% Stormscale-EU.

Kazzak-EU has both, its so full of players that has very good players and very bad players so it can be deceiving.

There is something about those delusionals "PvPers" on Stormscale that makes them even worse in PvE.

Ah well its fun watching them go on defense mode all the time about their lack of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Shu'Halo got it's first Lich King kill 21 days into Cataclysm. It's called Shu'Failo for a reason.
    Thats...depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    is it ragnaros
    Or Gallywix, or Azralon, or Quel'Thalas, or Nemesis.

To answer the OP's question: Yes, an entire server CAN be bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my entire time of paying attention (Since early MoP) - I've seen ONE decent player from Pozzo'dell Eternia. A single decent player. Everyone else I've seen has been the most garbage player imaginable, and absolutely refuses to speak English

I think the big thing people are missing about Latin and other non english servers (and this is an assumption) is they don't have close to the amount of resources we English speaking players have. Couple that with the community being newer it adds up to an obvious conclusion.

Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas and Nemesis...Call it confirmation bias, but any time I wonder what the hell a player is doing and I go to check server it's one of those three 90% of the time. Correlation may not be causation but I'll be damned if my own data doesn't lead me to certain conclusions.