Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Breaking report from the NY Times: Comey kept a paper trail, including a memo wherein Trump kicks everybody else out of the room and asks his FBI director to stop investigating the ousted advisor Michael Flynn.

Whether or not this bears out, it's always been disturbing how defensive of Flynn he has been. Trump clearly values loyalty to him over everything else, including loyalty to the country.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-05-16 at 09:56 PM.

And Schiff just publicly called for Comey to testify in open session, and for the notes to be subpoenaed if necessary. They're officially getting fed up.

"Enough is enough".- Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    And Schiff just publicly called for Comey to testify in open session, and for the notes to be subpoenaed if necessary. They're officially getting fed up.

Comey has already stated that he wants to testify at public hearings, so let's do this. Get him on record, under oath, in public to confirm whatever he's allowed to.

None of this behind closed doors nonsense like they wanted to do with him initially, that can come later. Get him to answer everything he can publicly during the hearing, and then deal with the stuff he can't say publicly afterwards.

So it seems that the reps got fed up of this bullshit. Skroe, it seems that you got your summer wish done
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Too bad Burr is a partisan hack. At least the Senate committee seems to be functioning better than the house.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-05-16 at 10:15 PM.

If the shoes keep dropping, Dems won't even have to wait until 2018 to potentially subpoena records: Republicans will eventually stop cutting him slack and grow at least half of a spine.

Eh... Who knows?
    Last edited by apeiron1234; 2017-05-16 at 10:12 PM.

Trump's presidency is starting to resemble Sheriff Buford T. Justice's police car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Is this where we go for the next 100+ page thread of unsubstantiated allegations? Did I get here early?
    You don't need to take part in threads you don't like if they bother you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Comey has already stated that he wants to testify at public hearings, so let's do this. Get him on record, under oath, in public to confirm whatever he's allowed to.

None of this behind closed doors nonsense like they wanted to do with him initially, that can come later. Get him to answer everything he can publicly during the hearing, and then deal with the stuff he can't say publicly afterwards.
    Hopefully he doesn't die of radiation sickness from exposure to polonium before then.

Is this where we go for the next 100+ page thread of unsubstantiated allegations? Did I get here early?
    unsubstantiated until Trump can't help himself and confirms it himself.

90% of the posts will be Edge, Endus, and co frothing at the mouth.

Meanwhile Pelosi is yet again winning brownie points with me as she's being rational and sane and telling her other people to stop foaming at the mouth. Where is the MMOC version of Pelosi to stop the foamers here?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Too bad Burr is a partisan hack. At least the Senate committee seems to be functioning better.
    It really doesn't matter. If, and again, this is a colossal if, it got down to him their agenda would essentially be dead.

Hey man, I'm just trying to keep up. Don't blame me that they are trying too hard.
    Considering that there's a memo published, aaand that people take the FBI very seriously... you trumpettes are royally fucked
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    If the shoes keep dropping, Dems won't even have to wait until 2018 to potentially subpoena records: Republicans will eventually stop cutting him slack and grow at least half of a spine.
    The story was apparently written by the same reporter who broke the Hillary email story. It'll be fun to watch Trumpeteers talk about his credibility now...

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    unsubstantiated until Trump can't help himself and confirms it himself.
    I wonder if we'll get a verbatim Nixon quote like "When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal" on Twitter.

Deleted
    They should make Comey testify in public and subpoena the notes. And enough of these unnamed sources. The public deserves the facts with real people and names attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    I wonder if we'll get a verbatim Nixon quote like "When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal" on Twitter.
    something a kin to that but not because Trump thinks the president is king he's just too ignorant to know any better.

Yeah, you're early. You weren't scheduled to appear until the memo gets published and then deflect by blaming leakers.

Hey man, I'm just trying to keep up. Don't blame me that they are trying too hard.
    It's the status quo. These threads were all over right leaning sites when Obama was in office, so now they will be on the left sites. Usually full of exaggerations and people pissing themselves over how this is finally the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I like to keep up on these things tho, and if ever there was a president to get ousted it would be Trumperino. I don't think the left will be happy for more than a few days, however, once Pence takes the office.