Page 1 of 2
LastLast

good political forum?

Anyone know a good political forum? Looks like this here is going to die.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    no such thing

Any forum without bias mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Any forum without bias mods!
    waaaah they don't agree with me so they must be biased

In my experience, this forum is one of the least circlejerk-ish I've seen. That being said, I suggest r/neoliberal.

Find one where people have real names and can be punched. That tends to keep civility forefront and limit the most extreme excesses you are used to from the internet.

Simply doesnt exist due to posters being anonymous. People posting ridiculous stuff on political forums probably have to act out online because they're too scared to do so in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You just made yourself an excellent example, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Find one where people have real names and can be punched. That tends to keep civility forefront and limit the most extreme excesses you are used to from the internet.
    I've seen the things people post on sites where you log using facebook it really doesn't help except in that it tends to make it so that the site becomes even more biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? It was about time something was done about this.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    No. There are a lot of "political" forums which are largely circle-jerks and extremists.

An academic forum is likely to be the best, but don't expect to get into one of those without being a member of a college/university or specific academic group.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I don't much like the new forum set up for OT. Now you have to go to two places.

It's not like people who don't want to talk about Trump had to open the Trump topics.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Now there will be a single forum for the Trump conspiracy theories!

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Now there will be a single forum for the Trump conspiracy theories!
    The only conspiracy theory that comes to mind is that maybe Trump is a good president undercover, acting like a shit one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    That is what biased means. The moderator for this forum is someone who has avoided acknowledging the Great Leap Forward when arguing about communist genocides.

I'm not even defending communism as a concept. I'm not a communist. I'm pointing out that the 20th Century communist regimes almost exclusively sprang from Stalin's seizure of the Russian Revolution, and the totalitarianism he created as a response to and refutation of Marxist-Leninist principles. Pol Pot and Mao both patterned their own systems after Stalin's. As did Castro, to a certain extent, though Castro's revolution wasn't nearly as bloody.

That's one specific branch on a tree. One that's defined by totalitarianism. And the evils you can point to in each of those cases is almost entirely due to that totalitiarianism. That's the point. There's a weird need to blame the economic system, which is straight-up McCarthyist fearmongering, rather than recognizing the simple truth that totalitarianism is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't much like the new forum set up for OT. Now you have to go to two places.

It's not like people who don't want to talk about Trump had to open the Trump topics.
    Correct, but there were nothing but fucking Trump treads with the same lefty circle jerking trump hating antifa supporters going over every fucking thing Trump does in his life.
    Its the saddest shit I have seen on this forum since I joined.

Happy we finally have a sub forum for this shit so maybe some interesting shit can be posted again.

The person above me is a Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Correct, but there were nothing but fucking Trump treads with the same lefty circle jerking trump hating antifa supporters going over every fucking thing Trump does in his life.
    Its the saddest shit I have seen on this forum since I joined.

Happy we finally have a sub forum for this shit so maybe some interesting shit can be posted again.
    The saddest thing is you thinking anyone hating on Trump is the same lefty circle jerking trump hating antifa supporters and that Trump doesn't warrant this by being the dumb ape that he is. I literally begin my mornings these days by looking at the news "to see what idiocy Trump did" while I was asleep. It never fails. Every day a new embarassment for the US.

But that's not the good part. The good part is that people like you still defend him. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The saddest thing is you thinking anyone hating on Trump is the same lefty circle jerking trump hating antifa supporters and that Trump doesn't warrant this by being the dumb ape that he is. I literally begin my mornings these days by looking at the news "to see what idiocy Trump did" while I was asleep. It never fails. Every day a new embarassment for the US.

But that's not the good part. The good part is that people like you still defend him. :P
    Where do I defend him? I don't like the guy, just don't give a fuck what he does.
    Really don't want to read about the cheeto lord day in and day out.

Go do something about it if you hate him so much instead of posting on a gaming forum. Fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Where do I defend him? I don't like the guy, just don't give a fuck what he does.
    Really don't want to read about the cheeto lord day in and day out.

Go do something about it if you hate him so much instead of posting on a gaming forum. Fuck sake.
    And yet, you keep coming back and read that shit... nah, I think I'll continue to post whatever I want wherever I want instead of letting you dictate what I can or cannot do.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.