Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "sarcophagus ship" also doesn't look like it fits in with the Prime Universe either...

I've only skimmed the thread, but has anyone brought up how Worf looked in that episode where everyone de-evolved? The science there may have been complete shit, but the idea that Klingons had a more bestial appearance (and perhaps this group of klingons is an offshoot that retained more of those characteristics) doesn't exactly come out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I've only skimmed the thread, but has anyone brought up how Worf looked in that episode where everyone de-evolved? The science there may have been complete shit, but the idea that Klingons had a more bestial appearance (and perhaps this group of klingons is an offshoot that retained more of those characteristics) doesn't exactly come out of nowhere.
    Said episode also had Barkley turning into a spider. So much for that idea.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Here it is.

"Video is not available", just like the previous one.
    Perhaps it's some kind of CBS regional limitation? Though it doesn't say that it's blocked in my country. It just says it's not available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The "sarcophagus ship" also doesn't look like it fits in with the Prime Universe either...

What the fucking fuck is that? Are they telling me that Klingons went FROM this ship design into what they had in the later series? Ridiculous. Why would Klingons build a ship that looks like a gothic cathedral from Earth?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What Worf devolved into was a primordial Klingon, tens of thousands of years ago. Not a few hundred.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that fashion changes with time, no?
    I wouldnt call the physical difference between Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus, fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks pretty bad judging by that trailer tbh. Still gonna give it a try because it's Star Trek but I'm not very hopeful.

I've got nothing against female leads, but the fact that they've put an asian woman and a black woman in what appears to be the 2 leading roles ala Kirk/Picard-style (voyager was more of an ensamble cast) gives me a nagging feeling that the writers are not gonna be able to resist creating some kind of SJW-circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    "Video is not available", just like the previous one.
    Perhaps it's some kind of CBS regional limitation? Though it doesn't say that it's blocked in my country. It just says it's not available.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fucking fuck is that? Are they telling me that Klingons went FROM this ship design into what they had in the later series? Ridiculous. Why would Klingons build a ship that looks like a gothic cathedral from Earth?
    We don't really know what it is. All we know is that it is a sarcophagus ship. We also see a box that looks like an egyptian sarcophagus in the trailer. Some speculate that it could be a ship filled with cryogenized Klingons. If so, it means that the ship is old, very old. You don't need cryogenization when you have warp engines. Since the Klingons had warp engines more than a century before humans, that ship would be more than 200 years old. And again, fashion changes, and that's also true for shipbuilding. And for the Klingons' appearance, for all we know their baldness may be an effect of their prolongued sleep. Or maybe not. That's why we should all calm down, take a deep breath by the nose and wait for more informations. That's just Star Trek, not a religion.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

It looks like a very ornate D-7. And judging from the other pictures, they've basically just taken textures and pasted them on a silhouette.

What Worf devolved into was a primordial Klingon, tens of thousands of years ago. Not a few hundred.
    Might have been why I said "perhaps this group of klingons is an offshoot that retained more of those characteristics," huh?

Deleted
    Well I watched the trailer and it looked like trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the sarcophagus:

It looks like the sculpted klingon head has long hair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    This looks pretty bad judging by that trailer tbh. Still gonna give it a try because it's Star Trek but I'm not very hopeful.

I've got nothing against female leads, but the fact that they've put an asian woman and a black woman in what appears to be the 2 leading roles ala Kirk/Picard-style (voyager was more of an ensamble cast) gives me a nagging feeling that the writers are not gonna be able to resist creating some kind of SJW-circlejerk.
    While I agree it could go the SJW route would you have cared if the 2 leads were 2 white guys?

Reminds me of the Predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    While I agree it could go the SJW route would you have cared if the 2 leads were 2 white guys?
    Of course not. White guys aren't terrifying to anyone but the dreaded SJWs.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-05-20 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    This is one of the sarcophagus:

Maybe it's just some themed episode about some long lost Klingon origins or culture, idk.

Gave me a Stargate vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just some themed episode about some long lost Klingon origins or culture, idk.

Gave me a Stargate vibe.
    I agree. It's that egyptian gothic feel. And those Jaffa were themselves rather "klingonesque" to begin with.

Deleted
    I agree. It's that egyptian gothic feel. And those Jaffa were themselves rather "klingonesque" to begin with.
    Also had a "Hey, it's Rey, lol" moment when we saw the lead appearance in the desert?

I hope it's a themed episode and not representative of the series, not too much of a fun of the SG look.
    Last edited by mmoc8167bb6457; 2017-05-20 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also had a "Hey, it's Rey, lol" moment when we saw the lead appearance in the desert?

I hope it's a themed episode and not representative of the series, not too much of a fun of the SG look.
    No, my first thought was that they were on Vulcan.

Now that I looked at it more carefully, the object on the sarcophagus' chest looks like a bat'leth. That Klingon seems to be holding one too:

There is more in that show that looks like what we're used too than the reverse. I mean, the Vulcans look Vulcan, the ship, the Shenzou, looks like a Starfleet ship and its design is not far from ENT, the communicators are very TOS, the uniforms are Starfleet enough and the insignas have the same symbols used for command, science and engineering they had in TOS. Oh, and the Klingon emblem is exactly the same. We even see the Klingons scream for the death of a fallen warrior like they did in TNG.

Now, I wonder when we'll see the definitive model of the Discovery.

The romulan and vulcan are not the same, thousands of years of evolution separates them.

vulcan

romulan
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-05-20 at 08:42 PM.

So the new old Klingons are Egyptian Gothic beings with diffrent physical attributes from not only the Klingons of the time but also the Klingons from the cryoship we see in voy. Great.....

Deleted
    No, my first thought was that they were on Vulcan.

Now that I looked at it more carefully, the object on the sarcophagus' chest looks like a bat'leth. That Klingon seems to be holding one too:

There is more in that show that looks like what we're used too than the reverse. I mean, the Vulcans look Vulcan, the ship, the Shenzou, looks like a Starfleet ship and its design is not far from ENT, the communicators are very TOS, the uniforms are Starfleet enough and the insignas have the same symbols used for command, science and engineering they had in TOS. Oh, and the Klingon emblem is exactly the same. We even see the Klingons scream for the death of a fallen warrior like they did in TNG.

Now, I wonder when we'll see the definitive model of the Discovery.
    Is the current one Ive seen a placeholder?

Think I will just watch The Orville instead.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

I would like to see that Captain Lorca is an Andorian