Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    They said it in the interview, links in update 1.

But casual in their interpretation only means that they are not gonna be racing for world first. They are likely still to be top 20 or so.
    Causal is still running 5 split mythic nightholds a week? Because that's what they're doing currently

I would imagine a whole lot of the guilds rise and fall but are made up of a ton of the same people. Its not like many people really desire to take off several weeks a year to just slam fuck raid content to get something that doesn't reward very much.

I don't think legion is over with 7.1.5 don't we still go to Argus after ToS, with a whole new zone and raid?

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    legion is over with 7.1.5, after that u basically do the same content over over and over and over cause the increase m+ cap gear, so if u have a get a bis 925 now with m+ now, after 100 runs on brh. after the new tier u need other another 100 runs to get the same bis loot 940. And it was the same for 7.1.0.

so u basically u need to spam the same content from day 1 legion, to last day of legion. It's boring.

M+ all day to get a tf loot and when u get it u will trash it next Tier to Re-Farm it again on the same place
    Like Memento 7.1.5 880 , memento 7.2 925, memento 7.2.5 memento 940+, memento 7.3 960+, memento 7.4 980+ etc

As I told legion is dead.

Put randoms numbers, 4M players? split on 3 regions, With alts and bots... must be like 200-300k active players for ea rgion.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not, cause atm applied to the 7.2 u get the same 905 cap ilvl, so u get less loot, m+ are dead if they not increse loots or ilvl

with 4-5 loots on 7.2.5 on 15+ why farm all day to get less loot aon a very low % for wf/tf? the farm of m+ will die, u will push1 weekly key at 15 for geared alts and +22/24 on main and u stop here. cause is not a good time invested

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be pissed too if I found out all the hours I spent farming M+'s to compete in WF race caused me to get next to no reward from the raid zone... on account of me having gear that was better itemized and on par ilvl wise with that raidzone/difficulty. They literally entered, for example, EN mythic in nearly mythic quality gear. That is like saying HEY we cleared normal NH.. in 875 gear that we got before the zone released.

World first and other guilds on that level literally shot themselves in the foot on this one and have no one to blame but themselves. Period. Previous expacks, a different conversation could be had. But this time, they made the choice to do those grinds and then, as a result of those grinds, they don't get the same out of it.

Maybe they should have paced themselves. Also worth noting that it seems like NH tuning was a result of the high-end raiding pool over-inflating the average players artifact level through carries. Not complaining about the carries themselves, they had the benefit of helping lesser players while also giving tangible rewards to the carriers.. I am just saying that it in-and-of-itself was a problem.

They should have had lockouts on M+'s to prevent the spam farming that was taking place. It would have solved the gear curve issue, the AP grind issue, and the issue of M+'s out performing raids and other things as a means of gearing up for "the race" ... which ever race that might be.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Thanks for pointing out Danish terrace typo.

As for Exorsus they said it in several interviews that are not gonna try to compete for r1 race anymore since it takes way to much effort with ap grind etc.

http://raiders-tavern.com/exorsus-di...casual-201702/

Full interview https://www.method.gg/undisputed-t19...rsus-interview
    You think Exorsus is clearing Mythic Nighthold with 3 split raids and 2 more not full clearing every week just to go casual in Tomb? Top kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can't really blame them with the new AP grind and RNG (leggo/TF) system.

It forces them to spend 18 hours a day just grinding to get Concordance on their 5 alts all-the-while praying they get the right leggos and TF drops. Where as before, they could gear up all their alts relatively easily and then play casually (rest time) until the new tier raid comes out, but now it's 24/7/52 never ending hardcore grind.

It's enough to burn ANYONE out after a few months. Hell, I only have to do it for 1 class and I'm already burned out.
    Yeah that's why the top AP leaderboards are filled with members from Exorsus, Method, Limit, Prestige Gaming, ScrubBusters, FSY etc. Right?

They are not fucking retarded like most people that cry about the AP grind. They know that when they are 52, they are good for tomb, the rest comes by itself without actively farming shit.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-05-18 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    Never, OP is confused...
    http://raiders-tavern.com/exorsus-di...casual-201702/

Keyword "Discusses" they never actually did it

Deleted
    5 split raids every week. Super casual.

Honestly people should have known there will be casualties.

This xpac is the most farm intensive ever. Farming AP for multiple characters killed the will of the most hardcore of players. It was obvious no one could humanely sustain the amount of farming required (neverming mythic +)

Blizzard made many mistakes
    1: too much farming required for AP
    2: raid gear not enough to have bis, you need to run mythic+
    3: mythic + RNG and legendary RNG

This has hurt not only the hardcore but also the 3 days a week crowd that found themselves having to run mythic+ as well and farm AP whereas before these player could just farm raids and be done.

I like this xpac, I dont like what it has done. My guild is very strong but around us, many many guilds that just went for it disbanded because they caused burn out in their members. what a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    They are not fucking retarded like most people that cry about the AP grind. They know that when they are 52, they are good for tomb, the rest comes by itself without actively farming shit.
    you have literally no clue boi. dont take only a look on their main chars, they have also twinks which have very high trait level in comparison. the burn-out'ish ap grind is real for the (two remaining) top end guilds. time per day is limited and so the ap per day which must splitted on all your progress-relevant characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this is the first time this has ever happened in wow's history right?

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    After they killed Gul'dan that night Alveona did an interview and said the guild discussed after they got the world first, that they didn't want to keep the hours to be a top end guild anymore.
    Well from their tweets that opinion doesn't stand anymore lol. I don't recall them saying they were going casual at all to be honest. I may be wrong. But if they did/do, then world first is going to be a very dull and meaningless thing for the once again overlords of method.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Let's be honest, the level in which they play is grossly unhealthy. Being forced to actively play and maintain 5 toons at the same level, raiding night and day with little sleep. That's not fun... that's a job. It crossed the line between what's a game and what's a job. This is meant to be entertainment not penal servitude. Sure you can say, "You don't like it don't play it at that level." I tried to play at the top 20 world level and I hated my life. I was being told I HAD to sleep for 4 hours and I was expected back online leveling, working and in 5 weeks I had to have cleared M+ however many times over and be raid ready for what felt like the following raid's level stuff at the beginning of the first raid. Then I watched as they raided for 14 days straight completely burning their team out. Not fun... at all. I watched people on the team develop screwed up sleeping habits to accommodate the raid and one person landed up in the hospital due to the stress to have their gall bladder removed just to return and be told they missed too much raid time by being in the hospital and to GTFO of their guild. I became perfectly ok with being a mythic level player leading a mythic level team that clears it with some level of aggression but we clear it when we clear it. We account for people being human, we account for people being sick, having kids to take care of, dinner to eat, hygiene to maintain and sleep to be had because in the end... IT'S A GAME and it needs to be put in its proper perspective. That's something those teams don't ever take into consideration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    you have literally no clue boi. dont take only a look on their main chars, they have also twinks which have very high trait level in comparison. the burn-out'ish ap grind is real for the (two remaining) top end guilds. time per day is limited and so the ap per day which must splitted on all your progress-relevant characters.
    Oh yeah, like one of the officers Анаром, who has 54 on his warrior, 42 on his paladin, 47 on his monk, and 45 on his druid? Not to mention the soul-crushing 18 mythic+ dungeons he has done on his paladin, and 7 he has done on his monk. The grind sure is real.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    titan forge is horribly disincentivizing. It is a bad mechanic, and lower tier gear should never be allowed to be stronger than higher tier gear.
    For you maybe, but for a lot of people it gives incentive to continue doing heroic raids, and even mythic raids once over 910ilvl

Maybe I don't understand, but it seems weird to me to give a shit what someone else's guild is doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Well from their tweets that opinion doesn't stand anymore lol. I don't recall them saying they were going casual at all to be honest. I may be wrong. But if they did/do, then world first is going to be a very dull and meaningless thing for the once again overlords of method.
    They basically said "if we have to prep so much for a world first race once again (mandatory 54 points among multiple chars/specs in NH) we might stop". The delirious AP farming for ToV and NH burned them out very quickly. But if they still do 5 mythic split runs, they must consider that the amount of preparation needed is now sustainable and reasonable for them.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-05-18 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, they don't need to just suck it up. They have every right to complain about a system they think is bullshit, and even quit over it if they want.
    I mean many people were calling serenity would blow up within the first tier for this exact reason, and low and behold.

Maybe they would've lasted another tier or two without the AP/lego/TF systems, but the guild was NEVER going to last the way it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Maybe I don't understand, but it seems weird to me to give a shit what someone else's guild is doing.
    You gotta understand some people treat this like Sports in terms of entertainment. A lot of people love to see their favorite top 20 guilds race to World First. So when shit happens to the top 20 Guilds there is a lot of discussion involved with it. Same can be said to IRL Sport teams.

But I suppose because this is the internet its considered weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I mean many people were calling serenity would blow up within the first tier for this exact reason, and low and behold.

Maybe they would've lasted another tier or two without the AP/lego/TF systems, but the guild was NEVER going to last the way it was.
    Why is Serenity disbanding because of internal issues related to AP/lego/TF systems? Nah, must be Blizzard's fault.

Many people were calling Serenity would blow up after every race because the sole purpose of Serenity was getting WF, what they have been unable to do for three distinctive raids.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-05-18 at 11:16 PM.