Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Maybe in a fantasy land where free time is unlimited sure.

Unfortunately we don't live in that kind of world. People quit all the time for lot's of reasons, a very common one being that top-end raiding demands a lot of hours per day out of your schedule.

I doubt raiding will ever not be fun for me, but I can guarantee you that eventually I just won't be able to keep devoting so much of my time to it if the Legion AP/legendary model continues into future expansion.

Everyone has their breaking point, and for a top end guild, it only takes a handful of people quitting all at the same time to basically be the death of the guild.
    Yeah, I wasn't really referring to the guilds that quit. My bad for going off-topic, I guess.

I do enjoy the challenge of raiding, but only mythic and max one evening a week. That said, if they would devote the same kind of attention to dungeons and make encounters worthwhile, I would jump ships instantly. The warlock green fire quest and mage tower quests prove that it's possible to make interesting fights for a single player, let alone 5.

The only reason I raid mythic is because it's the only tough content out there. Bummer it involves so many logistic shenanigans. Blizzard should learn from Squeenix on this front. 8 man raids, how amazing would that be in WoW. 1 tank, 2 healers and 5 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Also nice edit, bet you edit your replies a lot to hide your insults people as much as possible since you enjoy seeing them banned while trying to talk back to you. #Lmao
    Keep it civil and I'm sure you'll delight in another 5 years without an infraction
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-05-22 at 06:12 PM.

Poopsocking killed top end raiding in a slow death.

This sort of playstyle was never going to be sustainable. Players eventually had to grow up and get jobs, but they couldn't devote the 15-18 raid hours anymore. Blizzard has never really endorsed or supported the world first race, this has been players of the game design from the very beginning.

Player imposed expectations put onto people. Nobody put a gun to peoples heads and told them they needed to do this or die. It was because players decided to try an one up their opponents by poop socking more than the rest.

Now there is only one guild that can sustain that playstyle. So in a way it is good that this is sort've dying out now that way the next time this picks back up it'll be refreshing to have more guilds in the race when it becomes less of how much you can poopsock your way to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    People quit all the time for lot's of reasons, a very common one being that top-end raiding demands a lot of hours per day out of your schedule.
    Since top end raiders are a miniscule fraction of the player population, and always have been, this cannot be a "very common" reason for players to quit.

It might be a very common reason for top end raiders to quit.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I seen a few guilds quit my realm or breakup

If you are not in these guilds why does it matter? A top end guild quitting in NO way affects my game play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    The top end guild i am in (raiding 5 days a week, 4,5 hours per night), is facing some problems too with the AP grind. We are at 3/10 mythic now, but have a hard time killing Krosus. People even have the new golden trait. Guess we need even more AP to kill him sigh. But hey no whining, you are a top end guild or not i guess...
    If you are raiding that much per week and on 3/10 mythic AK is the LEAST of the guilds issues

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    If you are not in these guilds why does it matter? A top end guild quitting in NO way affects my game play.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are raiding that much per week and on 3/10 mythic AK is the LEAST of the guilds issues
    Yea agreed. I got 3/10m by pugging lol.

I think there was a joke somewhere there but it got lost...

If the moral of the story was supposed to be you can't substitute skill with grind, then it's kinda missing the point, because top end requires both.

Skill can maybe get you into top 100, but won't get you to top 10 alone.

In a game where gear matters and you can obtain more gear by doing more split runs, there's always a factor which guild can maintain more raid-ready split alts.

It's different when someone thinks "grind" is getting 60, 70 points in main artifact, and different when you "grind only until concordance" but on 6 alts across all 3 specs, just in case it's needed for that 1 boss somewhere.

That post went so far over your head I'm surprised you could see it.

The Beatles quit making music? MUSIC INDUSTRY IS DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    The Beatles quit making music? MUSIC INDUSTRY IS DEAD!
    The music died with Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper. There's a song about it and everything.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

2 months ago I stopped playing Wow since Vanilla after 6 years time played, 16 hours a day. Not exaggerating. I was "that guy" who had 45 garrisons.
    But I'm done. I have to partially thank Legion and Nighthold mythic for this. It felt like a job but with no pay. It was like taking the thing you love and making you hate it. When a boss died, there weren't nerd yells. It was just relief. Mind you, in WoD I gleefully went through over 400 pulls on mythic Archimonde. But this time it felt different. Constant pressure from our gm to max out artifacts. We were like, top 1000 guild so all the work felt pointless. I always said, if you aren't competing for world first, and you don't enjoy the grind, then you are doing it wrong. This time it felt that I was doing it wrong.
    This is what's different. Back in the old days, I could just go on alts. This was'nt an option anymore.
    I was initially going to stay on to pvp but all my friends and RBG team quit sooo.... That's it.
    It's been an eye opener. Now I can't believe how many hours there are in a day! I did this with smoking drinking and drugs too long ago. Just felt pointless.
    I'll play WOW again some day though but I cant even be arsed to log on to do AK. I still play Warcraft 3 to get my fantasy fix.
    I gave a decade of my life to a video game. But I don't regret it. Granted, I did lose everything (career/house/family) but hey, I had fun and I chose to do it. I feel the same about the years I spent doing drugs. It's strange. I feel there is a finite well of pleasure to be gotten from any activity before your brain stops reacting to it. My well was deep. But it ran dry. Now I can get back to the real world MMO
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2017-05-25 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    2 months ago I stopped playing Wow since Vanilla after 6 years time played, 16 hours a day. Not exaggerating.
    I have to thank Nighthold mythic for this. It felt like a job but with no pay. It was like taking the thing you love and making you hate it. When a boss died, there weren't nerd yells. It was just relief. Mind you, in WoD I gleefully went through over 400 pulls on mythic Archimonde. But this time it felt different. Constant pressure from our gm to max out artifacts. We were like, top 1000 guild so all the work felt pointless.
    Can't believe there are still guilds below 500 world rank who tryhard to the point of forcing members to AP farm, benching players based on legendaries or class, force people to grind m+ and so on. If you're close to the top, it makes some point but the further you get down the ladder the less sense it makes to burn out your playerbase. Tons of guilds disbanded in NH and bad leadership (forcing people to grind extraordinary amount of time, shaming those who are "behind" etc.) had probably significant contribution to this.

World top players might treat the game as a job because they might be getting sponsors, twitch & youtube revenue and so on, not even mentioning legal & illegal boost selling, even though I think this river is slowly drying out contrubuting to many top guilds disbanding or "going casual". But what's the point of making the game like a job in a guild ranked around world 1000? That's a guild that will probably barely kill M Gul'dan before TOS opens. They aren't in any rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can't believe there are still guilds below 500 world rank who tryhard to the point of forcing members to AP farm, benching players based on legendaries or class, force people to grind m+ and so on. If you're close to the top, it makes some point but the further you get down the ladder the less sense it makes to burn out your playerbase. Tons of guilds disbanded in NH and bad leadership (forcing people to grind extraordinary amount of time, shaming those who are "behind" etc.) had probably significant contribution to this.
    there fuckton of those around - its always been like that historicaly too - that biggest tryhards and most douchebagery was in guilds between world 1000-2000 - now with shringing number of subs it just moved to world 500-1000

tryharding starts when skills are not enough and you have to cover it with gear and in case of legion of AP .

dont get me wrong - they are all very skilled above average players - just not skilled enough - lets say they push around 70th parses and have to cover the difference between 70th and 90th with gear/ap - thats when tryharding starts.

There were two other minor reasons I quit.
    There was a sinking realization that, in general, all the elite players who played full time grinding AP lived with mommy and had no life. Alpha male in game, beta IRL. Why aspire to that? That first day you logged on, did you think, "THAT is what I wanna be in 10 years."
    Except for that musclehead GM of Method. He was the exception.
    One other thing that turned me off was all the cheating at the top end. This always bothered me, kickbots in PVP and routine bots in PVE. The world first race shenanigans make me wanna puke. If you aren't on a level playing field the whole motivation to finish that last emissary quest is evaporated.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2017-05-25 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

World top players might treat the game as a job because they might be getting sponsors, twitch & youtube revenue and so on, not even mentioning legal & illegal boost selling, even though I think this river is slowly drying out contrubuting to many top guilds disbanding or "going casual". But what's the point of making the game like a job in a guild ranked around world 1000? That's a guild that will probably barely kill M Gul'dan before TOS opens. They aren't in any rush.
    People tryhard even in 5k guilds, there's people who farm like crazies while repeating, "I need to stay competitive.". There's GMs/RLs in those guilds who think that they're future Scos, Alveonas, etc. I mean, there's guilds who even do splits for Heroic progression.

For example, when people were prepping for EN I was in ~3k guild. Someone told our RL that I was an addon developer, do you know what's happened next? He demanded custom addons like ExorsusRaidTools, custom WAs, etc for their raid group from me. People mindlessly copy what WF guilds do. That dude seriously thought that lack of addons was the only reason why their guild was in that spot and not in world's top50.

Obv I refused because he wanted me to do it for free, few seconds later I was /gkicked But I'd leave anyway.

I know mine called it quits. It just takes to much time to farm things now. We used to just raid nine hours a week then sell carries for next tiers consumables.

Now the games gone to hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    People tryhard even in 5k guilds, there's people who farm like crazies while repeating, "I need to stay competitive.". There's GMs/RLs in those guilds who think that they're future Scos, Alveonas, etc. I mean, there's guilds who even do splits for Heroic progression.

For example, when people were prepping for EN I was in ~3k guild. Someone told our RL that I was an addon developer, do you know what's happened next? He demanded custom addons like ExorsusRaidTools, custom WAs, etc for their raid group from me. People mindlessly copy what WF guilds do. That dude seriously thought that lack of addons was the only reason why their guild was in that spot and not in world's top50.

Obv I refused because he wanted me to do it for free, few seconds later I was /gkicked But I'd leave anyway.
    That was awesome thanks for sharing that

Deleted
    Game is dying, nothing new here.

Hardcore raiders burn out just like everyone else, they aren't super humans.