Page 1 of 159
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Just announced a short while ago. Holy-shit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/james-com...214803630.html

(James Comey.Alex Brandon/AP)
    The White House announced Tuesday afternoon that FBI Director James Comey was fired.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

The search for a new director will begin immediately, Spicer added.

"The FBI is one of our nation’s most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement," Trump said in the statement.
    Welp, that is uhh... interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting times we live in. /popcorn
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Just announced a short while ago. Holy-shit.
    I honestly don't know what to make of this. Did he not like what he said about the emails? Was he about to leak something damaging? I honestly don't know where Trump is going with this one.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    U beat me by a freakin second

*warps in the popcorn cruisers*
    *throws some steaks on the grill*
    *gets a keg*

Ill go close my thread.

LuL Well, you might say when both sides hate you, maybe you are doing something right.

Doesn't this look really bad for Trump in terms of the Russian investigations?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed. For several reasons. Why fire Comey who for all the circus is considered a non-partisan serious director?

Why have the Deputy Attorney General. The one who was almost unanimously confirmed by the Senate, as in both Republicans and Democrats recommend this?

I understand that there was a desire to get rid of Comey from both sides of the isle, but this is not a wise move.

There were however many rumors that Comey had lost the respect of his agents within the FBI after some of the decisions he made.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yes, unless you are a die hard Trump fan, then you are cheering him on.

Deleted
    Nothing like a good old purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torn on this

Comey screwed up a bit, but this is...boggling. Reminds me a bit of Erdogan

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Nothing is happening with Russia, and if you try to look into it you will be fired.

damn, while I have no warm feelings for Comey this is... something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bout time, he's made a mess of FBI and no one trusts him. easy decision

I feel like this has been coming for awhile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I feel like this has been coming for awhile.
    In a way it has. Comey was a dead man walking for a while now.

But to outright fire him?
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Deleted
    If Trump keeps it up the American people will fire him in 2020 as well. I just hope that next time America doesn't have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich again. I hope to god we get a third party that cares about the bill of rights and the constitution more than himself, herself, their family, or their ambition. Oh, and and lets try to get someone not totally corrupt as well. Fingers crossed
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2017-05-09 at 10:06 PM.