Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Poland should have the decency to uphold the treaties it signed. If it does not want to uphold their end of the treaties they signed. Their is always Art 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why is it irony?
    Its a Country, who population is migrating West. Who have the stereotype of being Criminals and bringing Organised crime were ever they move. It used to be so bad that the French,Germans, British had to threaten the Polish Governemnt to do something about all the Car thefts its Citizens were commiting and was a source of jokes.
    "Why do Russians steal 2 cars when in Western Europe? Because they got to drive through Poland to get back to Russia"
    "Come to Poland, your Car is already their!"
    Or at a EU Swimming compeition that got the Ambassadors involved : "“Let's welcome the large team from Poland, who have come to return our cars,”
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2017-05-18 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I don't really know UK refugees. But UK tourists are easily comparable to the current refugees
    British tourists generally have to pay for their holiday accommodation, food and clothing.

Poland doing it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Good for Poland. Every country has the inherent right to preserve their own unique culture and ways. Polish PM should send an email to Merkel that is simply someone flipping the bird.
    Tons of different cultures and ethnicities, but the EU is not diverse enough because it lacks brown people...
    It's the regressives that reduce everything to skin colour..

Preserving own culture and ways do clash with the EUSSR...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Tons of different cultures and ethnicities, but the EU is not diverse enough because it lacks brown people...
    It's the regressives that reduce everything to skin colour..

Preserving own culture and ways do clash with the EUSSR...
    If it wasn't for EU initiatives quite a few local dialects, customs, and products would be as dead as the dodo.

It's not a matter of 'protecting culture', it's that you don't like Muslims. Just be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Good, culturally incompatible people who don't integrate benefit no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Good, culturally incompatible people who don't integrate benefit no one.
    What defines something as culturally incompatible.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Poland should have the decency to uphold the treaties it signed. If it does not want to uphold their end of the treaties they signed. Their is always Art 50.
    If all the treaties were upheld in the EU no refugee ever would reach germany. Dublin regulation *cough*.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Being a follower of a philosophy that is antithetical to the Western Liberal Democratic order.

In Russia, that philosophy is simply autocracy. Among many of the refugees, it's a certain idea that will get me infracted if I dare to name and criticize it on this forum.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Good for Poland. Every country has the inherent right to preserve their culture and change it when they so choose, not anyone else's choosing. Polish PM should send an email to Merkel that is simply a picture of someone flipping the bird.
    Ah yes, the glorious Polish culture of kielbasa and not being able to screw in light bulbs, who wouldn't want to go out of their way to preserve that in the face of a flood of refugees who really are just passing through anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a follower of a philosophy that is antithetical to the Western Liberal Democratic order.
    The "western liberal democratic order" which is so widespread and encompasses such vastly different cultural entities such as France, the US, and Japan that it may as well be meaningless?

Cultures are not edifices that are set in stone.

In Russia, that philosophy is simply autocracy. Among many of the refugees, it's a certain idea that will get me infracted if I dare to name and criticize it on this forum.
    "Islam". Again, just admit that you don't like Muslims.

Deleted
    Accepting the law of the land over sharia law forever.
    Effort to learn the language of the country and encourage your children to speak it.
    Report crimes of those with the same origin/religion as you and not hide them.
    Accept and respect the culture and religion of the host country.
    Treat women with respect.
    Not commit crimes.
    try to find a job.
    Not "flee" from safe country to safe country to handpick the one with the best welfare benefits.

I wonder how it will end if they force legal quota's on each nation. I mean it couldn't possibly make people angry or the likelihood of violence against refugees rise. Simplest way is each nation takes in however many they feel comfortable with and those in there country who think more should be taken in work towards convincing others to accept more instead of trying to brute force the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You dont get all the benefits with none of the responsabilities, Poland.

Who the fuck wants to flee to Poland anyway?
    You'd think ''refugees'' where are fleeing from war would want to settle down in a stable, democratic country with a booming economy.

But nope. Because that is not what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep saying this word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

Moreover; good. The nation state is a stupid idea concocted by political outs trying to leverage an idiotic base of voters.

Oh, you mean all of those countries with corrupt, incompetent governments that consistently cause economic problems for greater Europe with their corruption and incompetence?

Good riddance. Greece would be vastly better off under rule from Brussels.
    The world is built on nation-states. Take out the nation and you’re left with a house of cards. Or worse, Empires.

Poland and Hungary have one of the highest GDP growth rates in Europe at the moment. The entirety of Eastern Europe is booming.
    But your prejudice and ignorance, o wise one, is showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    The world is built on nation-states. Take out the nation and you’re left with a house of cards. Or worse, Empires.

Poland and Hungary have one of the highest GDP growth rates in Europe at the moment. The entirety of Eastern Europe is booming.
    But your prejudice and ignorance, o wise one, is showing.
    Empires have a much better historical track record of securing prosperity and encouraging human welfare than nation states.

Gee, I wonder why states which have only recently been released from Soviet economic shackles might have high GDP growth rates as they catch up to Europe proper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How is a system that requires majority votes and allows any individual participant to veto any of its decisions autocratic???
    This is not what we are discussing here.

Nowhere in the EU charter, which Poland and every single country signs, is there a point of ''Do as we command or you shall be punished''.
    Not a word about refugees or migrants.

Junker and Co. got together, devised a half-assed plan and threatened with punitive action of they dared to say no.

"Islam". Again, just admit that you don't like Muslims.
    Not liking islam = having a problem with muslims to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Shame on them, I hope the people of Poland are more reasonable than their government
    I can assure you and rest, that there is many people, who is very displeased with our goverment after two last years. But protests and EU actions don't work, they even ignore fact that we are in EU.

But oh well whatever... Give few secs, and... "Glorious supporters of our goverment" will appear here and say that i am heretic etc. Good i do not care anymore...
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-05-18 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Empires have a much better historical track record of securing prosperity and encouraging human welfare than nation states.

Gee, I wonder why states which have only recently been released from Soviet economic shackles might have high GDP growth rates as they catch up to Europe proper.
    Well, at least we know where you stand now. Imperialism is good, national self-determination is bad. French Revolution was bad, American revolution was bad.

Should have said that outright in your first post so I could have ignored you.
    Living standards of Poland, Hungary and general region are on par with Portugal, almost Spain and few other ''old EU'' members.
    Yet they are stagnating.

Keep on going, your ignorance is breathtaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Not liking islam = having a problem with muslims to you?
    Those idiots like to, deliberately, conflate dislike of Islam with a prejudice against Muslims.
    That's why they insist on ridiculous words like Islamophobia. It obscures more than it reveals and that is why they use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Well, at least we know where you stand now. Imperialism is good, national self-determination is bad. French Revolution was bad, American revolution was bad.

Should have said that outright in your first post so I could have ignored you.
    I don't truck in binary thinking. Every political system, every ideology, every historical event has its good elements and its bad elements. This idea that imperialism is universally a bad thing is an example of black and white thinking that ignores the fact empire is a fairly successful method of organizing a lot of people, and generally benefits the vast majority of people due to the stability such polities provide.

Now, in terms of self-determination I don't view it as a net positive simply because it was conceived as a political tool and only really benefits the people instigating the 'self-determination'; they throw off foreign oppressors to allow locals to oppress each other.

Living standards of Poland, Hungary and general region are on par with Portugal, almost Spain and few other ''old EU'' members.
    Yet they are stagnating.

Keep on going, your ignorance is breathtaking.
    Yeah, I wonder why lowering birth rates and austerity might cause a GDP slump; that and labor in Eastern Europe is cheaper which draws manufacturers there.