Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    The problem with NN vs Muslim ban is that NN is death by a thousand cuts where as the Muslim bans effects were immediate and swift.

I can't wait for the innovations this allows. In 2015, my ISP (a little known gem called Mediacom), began offering in-home wifi! If you're wondering what that is, instead of giving you just a modem, they give you a modem and a router combo! Then they charge $10 a month for your house to have wifi! Incredible! Then in 2016, Mediacom instituted data caps in order to better serve their customers, our house of 4 is given 250 gigs a month. Wow! Thanks Mediacom! Makes me excited for the upcoming innovation of 2017!

If you're wondering if their is an alternative to Mediacom, there is, dsl with speeds up to 1.5 down and .75 up.

This BS isn't even limited to the internet side of things. In 2014, Mediacom carried every broadcast of the Chicago Cubs in my area in HD. Now in 2017, we get 60% of the games in HD, and 30% of the games in glorious standard definition! I know the rights to sporting events are convoluted, but the games are being broadcast in HD, it's just Mediacom doesn't carry those channels in HD format, if we had an antenna we would get the broadcast in HD for free, yet somehow the $150 we pay a month for TV obviously isn't enough to cover those rights.
    another law by your favorite people, liberal congress. you see, cable companies have to pay abc nbc cbs fox etc to put their channels in their line up even though those channels are FREE like you said to any joe with an antenna. so once again your own stupid laws and regulations lead to this situation you are upset over. got to make sure those huge long standing corporations are paid right. democrats are no different just better at the game imo.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-05-18 at 09:35 PM.

NM I found out Ajit Pai is American. USAINTOK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    were is this exactly USA? EU? It aint canada.
    if i had to guess, somewhere that had a FCC.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    another law by your favorite people, liberal congress. you see, cable companies have to pay abc nbc cbs fox etc to put their channels in their line up even though those channels are FREE like you said to any joe with an antenna. so once again your own stupid laws and regulations lead to this situation you are upset over. got to make sure those huge long standing corporations are paid right. democrats are no different just better at the game imo.
    I'm not sure why you're so anxious to die on the cable companies had it right hill, but Mediacom could offer the channel, they just claim their HD capacity is full.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you get to enjoy it too also doesn't the senate still have to vote on this yet?
    No, just like it didn't when Net Neutrality was upheld under Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

cause millions of voices are all the voices right?> besides we dont allow the majority to make laws, we make laws based on justice. go make your own isp if you want to run one.
    Well your user name sure fits your posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could try going to that website and tell them how much we hate it, to the point where we crash the site? Go to 21:32.

Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2017-05-18 at 10:19 PM.

If you don't think that this has happened already read this: https://www.freepress.net/blog/2017/...-brief-history

If you don't think Pai is corrupt and at the service of the industry read this: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...et-neutrality/

Without regulation and consumer protections prices will go up faster and access to all the content you might want may become slower or cost far more all due to a pro-business lobbyist who was given a leadership role and is using it to hurt USA citizens. S'pose this is just the way of things until the current USA government has been voted out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, sometimes you just have to wonder why you shot yourself in the foot.

cause millions of voices are all the voices right?> besides we dont allow the majority to make laws, we make laws based on justice. go make your own isp if you want to run one.
    ISP anarchy is your version of justice? What the fuck do you gain from this? Are you literally the head of an ISP corporation? I seriously doubt that.

Or could it be that you are just drinking the Drumpf cool aid and whatever he does is a fucking Picasso. Could it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean how did those internet warriors who voted for him not realize he was kinda against what they like?

http://media3.giphy.com/media/o02Do8KAe2Nig/giphy.gif

15+ Year Old Account
    Man. I hope google fiber comes here sooner. I at least have a shred of hope they would be more neutral.

just another front that will hurt the GOP's chances of staying in power going froward. it's shocking they don't see this but I guess when your eyes a stuffed with lobbyist money you can't see much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Man. I hope google fiber comes here sooner. I at least have a shred of hope they would be more neutral.
    Google Fiber is more or less a dead project.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Cable companies should just be regulated as monopolies

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Google Fiber is more or less a dead project.
    Darn, why is that? Is it cause them trying to do it is really slow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot damn, not only do you guys in the US have garbage internet already, it's actually getting worse!
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Darn, why is that? Is it cause them trying to do it is really slow?
    5g for driverless cars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    5g for driverless cars.
    Aw man. That isn't useful to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The obligation of a public company is to its shareholders. I have no idea why people think they give a fuck about consumers... they just care about money and return.
    If you don't have monopoly you want the consumers satisfied to keep the investers happy.

The phone companies tried this long ago and failed as market forces and consumer demands forced them out of this pricing structure. They can change the regulations all they want but the public will never accept a tiered internet.

Same reason why the American public rejected the tiered cable idea long ago.