Thread: Destiny 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Nexus realms are what they call the individual Universes in Heroes.

The entire sentence segment after what you put in bold is what stands out the most.

"Also, right now the Nexus is this transdimensional storm that is basically allowing all those Blizzard universes to collide. We think that we will be bringing in more Blizzard IP. We will go to Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft, but also to Nexus realms, which have nothing to do with Blizzard IP"

All the Nexuses that you listed are strictly Blizzard IP.

Not saying they will, but it looks like it could easily be headed that way. Destiny 2 will be an exclusive bnet game. Most likely, if they ever take non-Blizzard IP and use it, it will be something from Activision. Most Activision games are on steam. Would we even want non-theme fitting characters like COD, in Heroes?

Destiny fits the overall theme and has several iconic characters. Once again, not saying they will, but if they were ever actually serious about that statement, this would probably be the first game they'd crossover.
    Except that they use "Blizzard IP" specifically to refer to existing games with their own universes(ie, the 3 he mentioned). Blizzard doesn't have a Luxoria IP. They do not have a Raven Court IP. They do not have a Kaiju IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them doing it after D2 has been out for awhile, but as it stands there probably isn't a huge crossover between Blizzard players and D1 players. At least I know that I'd have no idea who it was if they added someone shortly after or before launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about explicit crossover stuff, but some cross promotion wouldn't shock me. Earning loot boxes in one for the other, say.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Nexus realms are what they call the individual Universes in Heroes.

The entire sentence segment after what you put in bold is what stands out the most.

"Also, right now the Nexus is this transdimensional storm that is basically allowing all those Blizzard universes to collide. We think that we will be bringing in more Blizzard IP. We will go to Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft, but also to Nexus realms, which have nothing to do with Blizzard IP"

All the Nexuses that you listed are strictly Blizzard IP.

Not saying they will, but it looks like it could easily be headed that way. Destiny 2 will be an exclusive bnet game. Most likely, if they ever take non-Blizzard IP and use it, it will be something from Activision. Most Activision games are on steam. Would we even want non-theme fitting characters like COD, in Heroes?

Destiny fits the overall theme and has several iconic characters. Once again, not saying they will, but if they were ever actually serious about that statement, this would probably be the first game they'd crossover.
    I have to disagree. The inclusion of "Nexus realms" is clearly referring to characters and locations invented for the sake of Heroes of the Storm and are not existing Blizzard IPs. Several of the maps already fit into this category.

Obviously we can't rule out the inclusion of other IPs under Activision in the future, but I really don't believe that the quoted statement is an indicator of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Zavala though.

But yeah, I doubt it.
    Cayde-6 Skin for McCree

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    McCree Cade skin
    Aww. I was just thinking that also lmao. I would also love an announcer done by Nathan Fillion.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2017-05-19 at 11:04 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Cloud Strife was a playable character in Super Smash Bros WiiU so its really impossible to say it won't ever happen. Its possible, just not probable.
    Last edited by Raone; 2017-05-19 at 11:09 PM.