Thread: NZXT S340 Elite

NZXT S340 Elite

I'm in the process of putting together a new PC, and I am pretty much set on the NZXT S340 Elite.

I just a query about the airflow through the case. According to the specifications it comes with 2 120mm fans, I rear mount and one top mount.

I would have thought that front and rear would have resulted in better airflow through the case.

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct configuration of do I need to move the fans when I am assembling the PC ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    I'm in the process of putting together a new PC, and I am pretty much set on the NZXT S340 Elite.

I just a query about the airflow through the case. According to the specifications it comes with 2 120mm fans, I rear mount and one top mount.

I would have thought that front and rear would have resulted in better airflow through the case.

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct configuration of do I need to move the fans when I am assembling the PC ?

Thanks
    Well it depends, what CPU cooler are you going to be using. If you are gonna use a 240/280 water cooler there is space for it in the front of the case, if air cooling just buy 2 120/140mm fans for the front. NZXT stock fans are pretty nice actually they stay quiet even at full load, get them off ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/371830776095...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought from this guy before, came brand new in box.

Or if you want 140's these are good for the price:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4Gs...case-fan-bl047

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if it the 2 included fans were both exhaust, or one supply/one exhaust.

I am using a Cryorig H7 Air cooler and figured I would need fans at the front to blow through the cooler.

Thanks for the link, I actually thinking of getting a couple of these http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/...ro-120-ab-rgb/ because I can hook them up to my motherboard to sync the LED's.

Ya of course any would work, just keep in mind you wouldnt see the RGB much in front of the case so maybe you would want to put them in the rear and top, and put included fans in front.

Just out of curiosity, how do you ensure that you have positive pressure inside the case ?

CFM in vs CFM out won't take into account filter resistance.

Do I just need to ensure that the intake static is higher than the exhaust static, in if so by how much ?

15+ Year Old Account
    2 120s (or 140s) in the front and one 120 in the rear will do for + airflow. Setup your fan curve on your motherboard based on what fans and rpms you have. Keep in mind if you use a 240 rad in the front that will cause less airflow from the front, use static pressure fans if you go that route and you may have to up the rpms to control the intake.

Easiest way to test is to use a "punk" or incense stick, wherever you have vent holes in the back of the case, hold the incense near them and the smoke should blow away from the case, not get pulled in.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Easiest way to test is to use a "punk" or incense stick, wherever you have vent holes in the back of the case, hold the incense near them and the smoke should blow away from the case, not get pulled in.
    lick your finger!