Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    for real 15.00 is like 30 mins of job time maybe less? so i'll be buying tokens to sell soon as my PC gets rebuilt.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I'm sure 250k Is reachable If you're the kind of "Raider" that boosts people through Mythic cause they sold a wow token and gave you the money for It to run a few mythic+ with him. By then I'd be wondering, why am I doing this chore just to pay for a token just to play wow and then do this over and over again, just to keep buying tokens... at that point I'd be considering if the game Is too boring for me and I'm just clinging on to something that's dying
    most of those "raiders" sadly fail to consider what happens when everyone currently paying them disappears, because why worry about stuff like that when gold is currently so easy
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-05-19 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    250k in today's wow is 1 or 2 days of grinding
    More like 1 or 2 hours.

If you're going to blatantly exaggerate, go all in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    More like 1 or 2 hours.

If you're going to blatantly exaggerate, go all in with it.
    Well, if he is talking 1-2 days playtime, it is only 5k/h, which is rather easy to obtain.

Now if he is talking about 1-2 real time days, and you only play 2 hours each day, it will be rather difficult to reach those numbers indeed. 250k/week isn't too far stretched though. But you do have to put in 3.5hours each day grinding (with 10k/h, which is doable with most methods of grinding). I rather put an hour or two extra at work if possible, and buy a couple of tokens with real cash though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    3 days of fishing for me.....go go Highmountain Salmon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    most of those "raiders" sadly fail to consider what happens when everyone currently paying them disappears, because why worry about stuff like that when gold is currently so easy
    Why would they disappear though? Selling boost have always been done, and will continue to be done. Prices is the only thing changing, and how the game have developed the past few years, gold only loses value so prices goes up.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Not to mention, when I attempt these easy made guides, they are usually bull shit. Guide gets put online, go farm x item here, go do it less than a hour later, item barley drops, when it does, it's not worth a 1/10 of what its being sold for in that guide
    What funny about those guides, they actually lower the amount they claim to raise. Because the more that follow and try its tactics put more materials out and thus undercutting and also server values on said items.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    What funny about those guides, they actually lower the amount they claim to raise. Because the more that follow and try its tactics put more materials out and thus undercutting and also server values on said items.
    I appreciate that on guides which have been out a few days, but a few I've caught within minutes of going up, I log into the server and bam, the prices are shit. I can't see that many people catching on that fast.

Deleted
    will be interesting to see when they announce that Call Of Duty will only be avivable on battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I appreciate that on guides which have been out a few days, but a few I've caught within minutes of going up, I log into the server and bam, the prices are shit. I can't see that many people catching on that fast.
    Well, prices aren't the same on all servers. Lots gold making videos are made on dead servers where prices are stupid. "QUICK AND EASY WAY TO EARN 20k/HOUR!" Farming some item that sells for 3x as much on their server as the EU/US median price. And people bite. Such an easy way to get views.

Boy I'm sure glad I'm paid up until July of next year.

Also whoever said he's making 250k a day is full of shit. 250k a day wasn't even double account 24 toon income from garrisons in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    most of those "raiders" sadly fail to consider what happens when everyone currently paying them disappears,
    That would happen only in 2 cases:

1. Blizzard shuts down WOW servers (then people just move onto a different game)

2. People stop being lazybums wanting to be carried... oh well nevermind that will never happen, so there's only point no. 1.

It's the same as saying "what happens if all bots disappear"... well not gonna happen, the bots are always back.

pretty cheap. wow would of thought it would be A LOT higher.

250k in today's wow is 1 or 2 days of grinding
    I love how this is parroted as some sort of fact. Unless you are a GM selling BoE's or end boss kills you aren't farming 250k in 1 or 2 days. Unless you get some uber rare world drop that you can sell, but I wouldn't call that "Farming".

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, prices aren't the same on all servers. Lots gold making videos are made on dead servers where prices are stupid. "QUICK AND EASY WAY TO EARN 20k/HOUR!" Farming some item that sells for 3x as much on their server as the EU/US median price. And people bite. Such an easy way to get views.
    This is what annoys me even more, I never used to bother looking at them when I migrated to Stormscale, but I'm normally on low pop servers where you can log on the middle of the day and you're luck if theres 1 person online in org / sw

But honestly, those guides I always take with a pinch of salt, I've had two which worked well. One being BoT trash farming with a potion of luck to get embersilk to make bags and one in MoP where a mob spawned too frequently and was passive so easy quick kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I'm sure 250k Is reachable If you're the kind of "Raider" that boosts people through Mythic cause they sold a wow token and gave you the money for It to run a few mythic+ with him. By then I'd be wondering, why am I doing this chore just to pay for a token just to play wow and then do this over and over again, just to keep buying tokens... at that point I'd be considering if the game Is too boring for me
    Pretty much what I did, which is why I changed to the "pop in for a month when a new patch comes out and leave the open endgame to people that fancy such neverending grinds".

Suddenly, my day had so many free hours I managed to pick up other hobbies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I love how this is parroted as some sort of fact. Unless you are a GM selling BoE's or end boss kills you aren't farming 250k in 1 or 2 days. Unless you get some uber rare world drop that you can sell, but I wouldn't call that "Farming".
    It is quite inefficient use of your time to farm for tokens sake anyway.

Minimum wage here in Germany is 8.5€ per hour. That would be 7€ after tax or sth. like that.

A Wow sub costs 14€ per month.

If I "farm" explicitly for more than 2 hours per MONTH in order to finance my subscription, I would already be below minimum wage in terms of monetary return.

I'm pretty sure that most players (myself included) would need to farm WAY more than that in order to continuously run their sub via the token.

Gold is essentially a useless resource now. Ive not paid for WOW since the token came out. At this point in the expansion most players who need it will have their full entourage of alts set up to be self sufficient, and the amount of gold that is thrown at you via world quests and mission tables is obscene, especially if you have 3 or 4 characters set up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    You just proved his point though, you have nothing to back it up.

I herb and mine to jewelcrafting, and nothing comes close to taking home that kind cash. Hell, with the extra, I also sell flasks. Still nothing comes close. With flying it's even worse, as now, people are more willing to farm.

Your anecdotal evidence is as strong as mine. I put the work in, as I farm roughly 7-8 hours a week when I am playing. (Currently waiting for Tomb to release to use a token.) Not even close to making 1.2 mil in a month.
    u do something wrong. For example i make 250 k per week if i only make one legendary belt from blacksmithing. I also make a couple of mounts per week. Yesterday i tried to proc lvl 3 mana pot and spent some yseraline seeds i had in the bank with my alt. I made 30 k gold allone from selling two inventaries full of mana pots. a single worldquest is 75 gold. i do like 10-15 of them per day, only with my main char for ap and daily stuff. The daily chest is 800 gold too. The random daily chest with tank satchel is 800 gold. The blood of sargeras i earn so much, i could make more blacksmithing mounts or stuff, but i dont bother to farm the felslate. I could dump like 1500 blood of sargeras worth of stuff on the market, but why should i? sometimes i get a random epic from nh mythic, most of them still sell pretty well. making gold is not hard if u actually do stuff in game. Only from randomly mining stuff, i have like 5 k of leystone ore surplus from mid april to now, and this is worth allone over a 100 k, or even more if u make gemchips from it and cook buffood. And if u think u dont have time for it, i only play 1-2 hours a day on average, + 6 hours of raid per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i see you are one of those 'if i can't do it, it must not be possible' type of people.
    You are one of those? "I can do it, so others can too" type of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    250k gold in one day of grinding. You realize that if gold was so easy to make for the majority of population, the token prices would be even higher, right?It's a combination of exagerrated bullshit and tiny fraction of AH moguls making easy gold while already having millions.
    Yep.
    Basically when you reach your first 100 or 200k gold, you just search the AH and buy and resell stuff.

For example, while it was luccrative, I used to buy all 200-stacks of Felslate (each piece is for example about 50-55g) and I'd resell all these stacks, where 1 piece would be worth 70g. This was also in a time where these stacks would sell like hot cakes. Additionally, I was reselling (and making some by myself as I am an engineer) mounts. With a chopper for example, I could easily make 10k gold win or with those MoP mounts even up to 50k win (like mats and all cost about 70k and I successfully sold them for 120k). That being said, these examples have only worked for some time and not always, so you always gotta look for trends and make "investments" and look if some specific items can sell etc.

After I reached 2 million though (this was a couple of week's work), I spend it all on mounts, toys, bmah etc. and now I am poor af again

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u do something wrong. For example i make 250 k per week if i only make one legendary belt from blacksmithing. I also make a couple of mounts per week. Yesterday i tried to proc lvl 3 mana pot and spent some yseraline seeds i had in the bank with my alt. I made 30 k gold allone from selling two inventaries full of mana pots. a single worldquest is 75 gold. i do like 10-15 of them per day, only with my main char for ap and daily stuff. The daily chest is 800 gold too. The random daily chest with tank satchel is 800 gold. The blood of sargeras i earn so much, i could make more blacksmithing mounts or stuff, but i dont bother to farm the felslate. I could dump like 1500 blood of sargeras worth of stuff on the market, but why should i? sometimes i get a random epic from nh mythic, most of them still sell pretty well. making gold is not hard if u actually do stuff in game. Only from randomly mining stuff, i have like 5 k of leystone ore surplus from mid april to now, and this is worth allone over a 100 k, or even more if u make gemchips from it and cook buffood. And if u think u dont have time for it, i only play 1-2 hours a day on average, + 6 hours of raid per week.
    With nothing to back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.