you play to much when...

I realized I play overwatch to much after I had a walk thru my local park. I was in the woods enjoying the trails when I heard a bird tweet, I thought a bastion was behind me. I obviously need to take a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrempel View Post
    I realized I play overwatch to much after I had a walk thru my local park. I was in the woods enjoying the trails when I heard a bird tweet, I thought a bastion was behind me. I obviously need to take a break.
    Yes

Yes you do.

I used Lucio's new voice line in HOTs in real life, it worked.

I once worked on a drawing for 2 days straight. Then while eating lunch I dropped my fork, I tried to CTRL+Z so it would go back in my hand. It felt really weird.

Never had a similar experience with gaming tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat on topic, I realize I read too often on the Kindle when I try to turn pages in books by swiping on them.

One time I went to throw my underwear down the laundry shoot... but for some reason I put my underwear in the toilet instead. Being really tired can make you do weird shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite a long time ago I once had fingers twitching when I wasn't playing. That was a clear sign. Hammered keyboard so much my left index finger kept doing this 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Several years ago at work we had a small emergency (ran out of something.) Boss asked if I could run to the store to get some. I said, "Sure, let me go respec." I meant to say, let me grab my keys.

A few more like that happened.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I mostly talk to my friend in the guild discord, since I'm away at uni. At a party one time he called me by my main's name irl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I play with the window open. I can hear and see the nature.
    same here.
    especially now with the hot weather.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    When every headshot reminds you of the bad choices in life you're making.
    A friend told me.

The only thing I sometimes have is after excessively binging on something that I find my mind occupied with that and that alone. I don't lose touch with reality though..

Oh. One thing though.. the fucking "lol" has actually found it's way into some conversations irl, because when typing I find myself saying it in my head and that has been so par for the course in online communications in the past decade.. well I know I'm not alone in this .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-19 at 08:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is what's called the Tetris effect. Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

While I do play too much nowadays too, I can't say I recognise this as a current issue for me. But when I was in my teens and CS 1.6 was the thing I played the hell out of it daily. To the point where I would sometimes envision a sort of minimap in the corner of my eye, reminiscent of the one in Counter-Strike, that my brain would populate with elements around me that I saw or otherwise knew about. That was how I learned of the Tetris effect.
    Last edited by snaek; 2017-05-19 at 08:20 PM.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

When you confuse 'to' <-> 'too' you certainly shouldn't skip school to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I once worked on a drawing for 2 days straight. Then while eating lunch I dropped my fork, I tried to CTRL+Z so it would go back in my hand. It felt really weird.

Never had a similar experience with gaming tho.
    I wish there was Alt+F4 irl without lethal death ofc ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I play with the window open. I can hear and see the nature.

Two birds with one stone, my man.
    Same, but it's a screened door to the balcony off my room, I put out Sunflower seeds and Suet cakes. I get all sorts of song birds, and Man Pileated Woodpeckers are huge.

I want an IRL B-to-home button...I sometimes think I have one after some outings...bah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked at my rear view mirror one time for a mini-map and referred to the money in my pocket as gold.

Deleted
    played so much CS 1.6 back in the day could see a cross hair when i closed my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been some interweb speech creeping into my normal speech, but only when talking to people IRL that I also talk to online. I think I compartmentalize well, or perhaps I just don't play these things as much as some.

I know I used to see lots of crows and think of throwing flash grenades at them, so maybe I played RE4 a little too much way back when.