Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there is 1 problem with it - most of guilds deterirated into very toxic and very elitests shades of its former self over the years that atm they accomodate either only super casuals wh treat them only as chat tool or uper echelon of mythic raiders who cater only to those who can provide them with mega logs or thsoe who have been there for years and this is only reason they are treated well

    the guilds in between died of

    best example was in one of last preach interviews when he admited that for years he had no clue bow restricitive application procces was for his guild (because it wasnt him who done all dirty work) while blindly promoting how amazing guilds are
    Your latter point just isn't correct. You can join Stark (Preaches Guild) without any requirement. Which is why they have exceeded the maximum character number in a guild. If you want to be in their mythic progression team, you have to go through a strict process... who'd have thought so???? The video you are talking about is about managing a raiding guild, which Stark primarily isn't. So what he describes is how you become a member of their first raid team, which is what most raiding guilds consist of.

    And yes, being in a guild that suits the way you play is by far the easiest way to find good groups of players. You can do it by adding a lot of people to your FL, but in the end that's a lot more hassle than finding a guild of like minded people.
    Main, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  2. #202
    Scarab Lord Peacekeeper Benhir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Re-tooling the Exodar, Argus or bust!
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So basically the 95% needs to get together then and do stuff together?
    Exactly!
    One minute they complain
    "So many of us are being left out!"
    Then the next it's
    "No one wants to group with me!"

    If there's so many having this problem, why oh why can't they get together and solve it?
    Last edited by Peacekeeper Benhir; Yesterday at 01:00 PM.

    Peacekeeper Benhir .~.~.~. Felfaadaern Darkterror
    Main Tanks, Keystone Masters, AotC-Gul'dan

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    You can join Stark (Preaches Guild) without any requirement.
    Preach left them
    Cetraben (Armory Link) - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> Tarren Mill (EU-Horde) - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Preach left them
    And what guild is he in now? Not like this, the other half of Stark, that is in the same "guild chat channel" and is there, because there is a maximum number of players in a guild.
    Last edited by Greif9; Yesterday at 01:32 PM. Reason: Found the guild name
    Main, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  5. #205
    Looking at all these suggestions you guys pretty much assume 16 hour a day playtime.

  6. #206
    How does finding a guild or making your own groups take 16 hours a day?
    Main, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there is 1 problem with it - most of guilds deterirated into very toxic and very elitests shades of its former self over the years that atm they accomodate either only super casuals wh treat them only as chat tool or uper echelon of mythic raiders who cater only to those who can provide them with mega logs or thsoe who have been there for years and this is only reason they are treated well

    the guilds in between died of

    best example was in one of last preach interviews when he admited that for years he had no clue bow restricitive application procces was for his guild (because it wasnt him who done all dirty work) while blindly promoting how amazing guilds are
    This is anecdotal evidence based on bad personal experience and nothing else. I've raided in two Mythic guilds in the last two years. Neither of them had a restrictive app process and they were both far from toxic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I thought about getting a guild, I'm willing to progress for my gear but i feel like I'm to low ilvl to do anything and I don't know who'd pick up a late bloomer like myself
    Plenty of guilds would. We are at the end of a raid tier and a lot of guilds are trying to bolster their rosters for ToS.

  8. #208
    Do worldbosses
    each week there will be a lower worldboss dropping 860+ and around once a week(if you get lucky and nether disruptor stays up on wednesdays you get the same boss twice) a higher worldboss dropping 900+, use a bonusroll on each. Given that you finished your class campaign shit,you should have 3 relic slots, ~855 gear from nethershards alone. Add a juicy 900+drop, mb a lucky legendary from wq, and a 2nd crafted legendary(from 30-150k depending on server,or just craft on your own) and you should easily hit 880+ which should get you into a normal nh grp(no it might not be a 1hour-rush-for-leg/ap-blaa), where you should stay for a week or 2, to slowly creep towards 900+ ilvl.
    The rush groups are 905+/910+, there's plenty of groups from 895+ though for hc.

    In my feeling it's actually become easier....there's often no more asking for curve nonsense,cause everyone knows with ~905 you can blast through hc anyway
    Last edited by Grmmppff; Today at 03:51 PM.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Dont like it? dont Whine.

    Make your own groups.
    /thread

    Find a guild, make a group, or don't complain. Those are your options. The community has always been this way and it won't change. If you don't want to put in the effort, LFR is only a click away - it was designed for casuals.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    I would guess that the majority of players that are still subbed have been since launch. It makes perfect sense that these players would want to group with others that have put in the same effort.

    You either make your own group or join a guild. You picked DPS, it was your choice and you have to live with the downsides. If finding a PuG is important to you, consider playing a tank or healer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Looking at all these suggestions you guys pretty much assume 16 hour a day playtime.
    If you expect to hit a high lvl asap, yea it's gunna take some grinding. Just focus on weekly chests and world boss, pug whatever normal raids you can and do LFR. You will catch up in a few weeks. Don't expect it to happen overnight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    How does finding a guild or making your own groups take 16 hours a day?
    He's just making excuses.
    We fly? I don't buy.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It's not like I didn't want to progress, I have no issues with doing normals etc, working my way up but when these pugs who are doing these runs want ilvl 900+ it's not easy. I have a tank I might just start with that, he's about 872 til my gear improves.
    It is frustrating. There's a nowheresville for dps between 860 and 900. That's because there are too many dps, and you just have to fight through it. I've worked my way up to 880 through getting one legendary, getting in a few m+ where for some reason people took me (getting rejected to almost every other one lol), and when I was 875 I found a normal Nighthold group to take me.

    For me the most frustrating thing is the steepness of the power gain curve as you progress. There didn't used to be such a massive disparity between people just entering a raid and those who've been running it for a couple months. This creates a lot of problems - the main one is you always feel like you're being carried because there's someone in your m+ doing twice as much damage as you, but the other one is that heroic raiders at this point ridiculously overpower the content so when you do get geared enough that they take you, it's going to be trivial to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    WoD was like ordering a meal, eating it and leaving. Legion is like ordering a meal, instantly puking it back in the platter due to atrocious taste and watching everyone around doing the same, eating their own puke again and again while telling each other 'Wow, there's so much to eat, I can't believe it'.

  11. #211
    It is good enough - I just don't know why i'd bring 882 ilvl 38 traits over 903 alt with 45 traits. You take the best person who sign's up, not the first.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Exactly!
    One minute they complain
    "So many of us are being left out!"
    Then the next it's
    "No one wants to group with me!"

    If there's so many having this problem, why oh why can't they get together and solve it?
    majority of people are no leaders and its unnatural for them to lead others

    thats why they are simply afraid of creating and leading group of people

    its not that they are lazy its just because they are natural beta types used to being followers not leaders - and they usualy excell when they follow others but if they have to lead they are consumed by fear.

    thats hwy back in mop raids which were organized by the openraid community were so hugely popular - its so sad blizzard didnt follow with that idea further this would promote their normal/hc raids tons more then stupid moves like removal of tier from lfr. all they had to do was to hire couple dozens of people who would be orgniazing pugs under banner of blizzard daily as job. or even not hiring just promote this as "community managment" just give people some extra perks similair to gms or something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Addyizor View Post
    It is good enough - I just don't know why i'd bring 882 ilvl 38 traits over 903 alt with 45 traits. You take the best person who sign's up, not the first.
    because dungeon is tuned for 870 ? nah that would be to crazy better to make run easier then lfr while pretending how "pro" group was and how "Scrubs' should gtfo from "hard" content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Plenty of guilds would. We are at the end of a raid tier and a lot of guilds are trying to bolster their rosters for ToS.
    thats myth though - yes they want to bolster their roster but not with retuning people who have like 870 itlv and 45 traits only with 910+ with 52 + traits

    most guilds are lazy and not patient enough to gear up recruits - they want seasoned geared raiders .

    all that joining guild if you are undergeared would end up in majority of raiders ocmplaining about perfeormance of such person due to how output scales this expansion
    Last edited by kamuimac; Today at 06:01 PM.

  13. #213
    Scarab Lord Peacekeeper Benhir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Re-tooling the Exodar, Argus or bust!
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    majority of people are no leaders and its unnatural for them to lead others

    thats why they are simply afraid of creating and leading group of people

    its not that they are lazy its just because they are natural beta types used to being followers not leaders - and they usualy excell when they follow others but if they have to lead they are consumed by fear.

    thats hwy back in mop raids which were organized by the openraid community were so hugely popular - its so sad blizzard didnt follow with that idea further this would promote their normal/hc raids tons more then stupid moves like removal of tier from lfr. all they had to do was to hire couple dozens of people who would be orgniazing pugs under banner of blizzard daily as job. or even not hiring just promote this as "community managment" just give people some extra perks similair to gms or something.
    My favorite college professor used to say "We're all co-learners here."
    You don't have to have all the answers to start a group, just a good attitude toward cooperation and collaborative problem solving.

    Peacekeeper Benhir .~.~.~. Felfaadaern Darkterror
    Main Tanks, Keystone Masters, AotC-Gul'dan

  14. #214
    you can't expect after two tier in a expansion having thing with low ilvl, i know that suck, but its the way all game with equipment work, when a new expansion go out, everyone is equal, so ilvl asking is very low and with each new raid, it is normal that the min ilvl would raise up, i know its frustraiting for alts and new player, but you can't do anything against that

    like some says, search for a middle range guild, when you will have good stuff and if you dont care, gquit and search for a high level guild and after that same thing, but for mythic raid or any mythic guild

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because dungeon is tuned for 870 ? nah that would be to crazy better to make run easier then lfr while pretending how "pro" group was and how "Scrubs' should gtfo from "hard" content.
    are you being deliberately thick? Are you telling me if you made a dungeon for a +6 and 2 players applied, one who was 882 and one who was 903 you'd take the 882? of course not. Listen to yourself

  16. #216
    The simple awnser to this dilemma is to realize that people want to be sure at a glance if you can proform at a acceptable level for the content.

    Sadly with titanforging that tends to mean near max ilv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you are going to base all your prejudices on statistics, then you may have a rough time in life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •