Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I once used dry ice to cool my apartment. I had 10lbs of it in front of a fan blowing it around. Not the best way since you need to keep the air fresh...(Dry ice becomes C02 when it sublimates and is toxic, which means a window needs to be cracked open to the heat outside. And then there's the danger of physically handling that stuff)
    It only lasted for a day though. Too expensive in the long run to use.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I once used dry ice to cool my apartment. I had 10lbs of it in front of a fan blowing it around. Not the best way since you need to keep the air fresh...(Dry ice becomes C02 when it sublimates and is toxic, which means a window needs to be cracked open to the heat outside. And then there's the danger of physically handling that stuff)
    It only lasted for a day though. Too expensive in the long run to use.
    Dry ice doesn't become CO2, it is CO2. That said though, you are sort of correct about high CO2 levels being bad, but it's not actually toxic. It's inert. It's actually an asphyxiant (it takes the place of oxygen, the same way that nitrogen does).
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-21 at 02:10 PM.

The real question is why don't you have an AC?!

If I liked threads like this more I'd help you cool down, but frankly I'm not a big fan.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    cold shower before work. cold shower after work. short swim after the cold shower. cold shower after the swim. then bedtime and repeat.
    Doesn't a cold shower make the environment feel even warmer? It feels good while you take the shower but awful after?

My point about using dry ice is that it can be dangerous to use...and really, it's too expensive to use in such a cavalier way since it doesn't last long.
    Need gloves to even handle it safely. One can't put it in the refrigerator or freezer to try to store it since it's far colder than any setting on such an appliance and would shut it down. (-100 Fahrenheit)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Got any other mind blowing revelations you'd care to share with the class?
    Well, your entire line of though has essentially been that distaste for snow is bound to come if you live in a snowy area is a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    cold showers generally do the trick.

or icy beverages.
    Hi

I live in WA state. Most places here don't even have AC :P

We just open our windows during the summer, and if it gets particularly hot... I put a box fan in the window on the shady part of our house to take in air, and another on the sunny part to blow it out. Pretty much just keep the air moving in.

Wet t-shirt plus ordinary desk fan works very well

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Doesn't a cold shower make the environment feel even warmer? It feels good while you take the shower but awful after?
    Its more about washing the sweat off and resetting my body temperature. You really notice the temperature drop immediately, but the eventual rise comes on more slowly. (except in humid weather, which @!#$ing sucks.)

And being damp helps to transfer the heat off your body while it lasts too.

open the windows to get good airflow in the house.

pfft...opening the windows means the heat blows in...

Windows and dancing naked under the pale moonlight to have the God of Pleasent Breezes grant me his blessings.

Yeah...a cool night breeze caressing my loins ever so gently gets me cool enough to sleep...

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the South, if someone told me they didn't have AC I would just be confused.... I mean it's just such an odd concept to not have one..... having a small window unit would be little better since you only see those in poorer areas....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fill a bucket with water, doesnt have to be super cold.

Put feet in for 25 minutes a few times a day, profit