Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Of course the majority (peasants) want the wealthy to be taxed.. of course the peasants want minimum wage increased.. for those issues majority rule isn't a fair measure for if something is good or not.
    Yes!! This is exactly what madison wrote was the job of the government. To protect the opulent minority from the wanting majority. Now to be fair to madisom he was an elightenment gentleman who quickly came to rue this position as he saw the form it was taking american democracy in.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Denial
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

A few of the Trump supporters have made it to 2. Looks like a lot of them are stuck at 1.

Choosing not to listen is pretty equal on both sides.

BTW, why wasn't this locked already? Imagine, if you will, a thread labeled "Libtards coping mechanisms are willful ignorance." The title is too click baity. It needs to be a little more neutral minded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Bullshit. F- at political statistics Hubcap. What are you trying to pull?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

In Amerca, independents rule.

It's a bit older, but the 25 year trend is consistent. If you want to include lean:

So you should recant "That's the whole Republican party, about half of voters.", unless we're redefining 28% as "about half". Also:
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/4258/hist...t-rapidly.aspx

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/CP3_2/

Trump doesn't have much further to fall before he hits the level Nixon was at as Watergate accelerated. How much further decline does Trump need to see? Above 7-10%. Which he can very readily do. Remember: the worst days of Trump-Russia are head of Trump, not behind.

I fall into the "mixed feelings" category. He simply hasn't had enough time yet in my opinion.
    Sadly, many people had already judged him before he set one foot in the office. And they won't ever change their minds about him. Quite sad actually. They let the MSM mold their impression of someone.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-22 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    They let the MSM mold their impression of someone.
    I don't know, simply listening to his contradictory idiotic words and actions is enough for me to get an impression without media.

But why miss an opportunity to take a swipe at media?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't know, simply listening to his contradictory idiotic words and actions is enough for me to get an impression without media.

Also saying he hasn't had enough time yet is pretty laughable when he started writing controversial EOs the same day he took office. Trump doesn't get a honeymoon period like other presidents because he shit all over his. You don't get a honeymoon period when your first day in office you're like "time to ban the Muslims."
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

All politicians,from all political spectrums, contradict themselves and make errors. However, most PotUSes don't have the might of the MSM against them.
    Harvard did a study, and for the first 100 days in office 93% of CNN and NBC's articles were negatively written about Trump. As opposed to only 41% for Obama and 57% for Bush in the same time period. Ninety three percent... if that isn't one sided journalism I don't know what is. Neutral journalism is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Also saying he hasn't had enough time yet is pretty laughable when he started writing controversial EOs the same day he took office. Trump doesn't get a honeymoon period like other presidents because he shit all over his. You don't get a honeymoon period when your first day in office you're like "time to ban the Muslims."

Oh...
    What you are saying is that we give some PotUSes a grace period but not this particular one. That seems like down right personal hatred to me.

All politicians,from all political spectrums, contradict themselves and make errors. However, most PotUSes don't have the might of the MSM against them.
    Harvard did a study, and for the first 100 days in office 93% of CNN and NBC's articles were negatively written about Trump. As opposed to only 41% for Obama and 57% for Bush in the same time period. Ninety three percent... if that isn't one sided journalism I don't know what is. Neutral journalism is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...
    What you are saying is that we give some PotUSes a grace period but not this particular one. That seems like down right personal hatred to me.
    Most presidents get a grace period because they spend their first 100 days acclimating and trying to set the stage for their presidency. They lay out the groundwork and toss a few bills around.

Trump immediately started signing unconstitutional EOs and pissing all over our allies while pushing bat shit crazy legislation that his party wouldn't even support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That's cute that you are implying the GOP are playing by the rules when it comes to elections. Meanwhile in reality land the racial gerrymandering and targeted voter suppression efforts are getting struck down by the courts all over the place.

Ok so I'm sure no Illegals voted either. Don't take the moral high ground when the party you are arguing for has no morality either.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be a real fan of Obama then?
    It started in January.

None with the frequency or scope of Trump. The man contradicts official White House positions on matters directly involving him within 24 hours of the White House putting out their official statement for fucks sake. That's unpresidented. (misspelling intentional to mock Trumps inability to spell)

Not to mention most politicians aren't stupid enough to take extreme hardline stances that they'll have to walk way the far back from when they get into office.

Trump is doing plenty of damage to himself all on his own without the help of mean old MSM.

Did you think that it's because this administration has been a fucking disaster since day one? That there's been nonstop chaos to the point where his own party is openly saying how exhausted of it now?

Most presidents don't try to sink their own agendas within their first week of office, dude.

Oh...
    If any grace period was due, 1) obama didn't get one, and 2) Trump burnt his up during his long campaign of relentless assholery.

None with the frequency or scope of Trump. The man contradicts official White House positions on matters directly involving him within 24 hours of the White House putting out their official statement for fucks sake. That's unpresidented. (misspelling intentional to mock Trumps inability to spell)

Not to mention most politicians aren't stupid enough to take extreme hardline stances that they'll have to walk way the far back from when they get into office.

Trump is doing plenty of damage to himself all on his own without the help of mean old MSM.

Did you think that it's because this administration has been a fucking disaster since day one? That there's been nonstop chaos to the point where his own party is openly saying how exhausted of it now?

Most presidents don't try to sink their own agendas within their first week of office, dude.
    I am not saying a disagree with you that he constantly misspeaks. Many people simply don't understand how New Yorkers act. I surmise it is a product of his personality. It is just something we aren't used to coming from the office of the PotUS.

CNN and NBC shouldn't be acting like tabloids though. I just indicated to a Harvard study how overwhelmingly one sided the MSM media is and you just poo-pooed it off. This just shows that even facts can't change the most stubborn of minds. They will warp them to fit whatever fits their argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If any grace period was due, 1) obama didn't get one, and 2) Trump burnt his up during his long campaign of relentless assholery.
    How can you burn it up before you are in office?

Like I said, many people disapproved of him from day one. One may even say that was being prejudiced.

I am not saying a disagree with you that he constantly misspeaks.
    Lies, call it what it is. Misspeaking happens every once in a while and is usually swiftly corrected. Trump lies, and then doubles down on his lies when called on them on an almost daily basis.

Stop normalizing him.

Many people simply don't understand how New Yorkers act.
    What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

I surmise it is a product of his personality. It is just something we aren't used to coming from the office of the PotUS.
    I don't give a shit. Having a president making baldface, easily disprovable lies on a weekly basis is terrible and anyone defending it can fuck right the hell off.

CNN and NBC shouldn't be acting like tabloids though. I just indicated to a Harvard study how overwhelmingly one sided the MSM media is and you just poo-pooed it off.
    They're not tabloids, they're reporting on news. Just because Trumpsters shout "FAKE NEWS" at everything that isn't felating Trumps tiny little ego doesn't mean it's fake.

Also, again, look at the context between each presidents first 100+ days. Trump has been an unmitigated disaster and a force of chaos, and his administrations incompetence has lead to multiple embarrassments.

The tone isn't the same because the administrations and the problems they're facing/causing are not the same. Media have no responsibility to police their tone in some futile attempt to be "fair" to snowflakes.

This just shows that even facts can't change the most stubborn of minds. They will warp them to fit whatever fits their argument.
    The fucking irony, my man.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-05-22 at 04:33 PM.

Lies, call it what it is. Misspeaking happens every once in a while and is usually swiftly corrected. Trump lies, and then doubles down on his lies when called on them on an almost daily basis.

Stop normalizing him.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

I don't give a shit. Having a president making baldface, easily disprovable lies on a weekly basis is terrible and anyone defending it can fuck right the hell off.

They're not tabloids, they're reporting on news. Just because Trumpsters shout "FAKE NEWS" at everything that isn't felating Trumps tiny little ego doesn't mean it's fake.

Also, again, look at the context between each presidents first 100+ days. Trump has been an unmitigated disaster and a force of chaos, and his administrations incompetence has lead to multiple embarrassments.

The tone isn't the same because the administrations and the problems they're facing/causing are not the same. Media have no responsibility to police their tone in some futile attempt to be "fair".

The fucking irony, my man.
    Not necessarily lies, more like exaggerations. That is what NYC people do. You have to understand their personality type. Not that I am making excuses, he is a stereotypical New Yorker.

Poo-pooing off facts is exactly why I don't cite links on here.
    CNN and NBC ran 93% negative articles on Trump and 41% on Obama according to a Harvard study. Any way you look at it, that is a HUGE difference.

Not necessarily lies, more like exaggerations. That is what NYC people do. You have to understand their personality type. Not that I am making excuses, he is a stereotypical New Yorker.
    The exaggerations are getting a pass already for the most part. He's not being taken literally when he says, "The greatest...the biggest...etc." for the most part. Either way, the President of the United States needs to be clear and understandable, and you're still trying to make excuses despite your claims that you're not.

Poo-pooing off facts is exactly why I don't cite links on here.
    If you're going to link from sites like Gateway Pundit and shit, sure. But most folks here are happy to read links from reliable media.

CNN and NBC ran 93% negative articles on Trump and 41% on Obama according to a Harvard study. Any way you look at it, that is a HUGE difference.
    You keep stating this and then ignoring all the context surrounding it. Repeating it isn't going to make your interpretation of it true, dude.

The exaggerations are getting a pass already for the most part. He's not being taken literally when he says, "The greatest...the biggest...etc." for the most part. Either way, the President of the United States needs to be clear and understandable, and you're still trying to make excuses despite your claims that you're not.

If you're going to link from sites like Gateway Pundit and shit, sure. But most folks here are happy to read links from reliable media.

You keep stating this and then ignoring all the context surrounding it. Repeating it isn't going to make your interpretation of it true, dude.
    As I said, as I general rule of thumb I don't cite links because I have seen too many people from both side of the political spectrum simply just poo poo off facts because it doesn't fit within their narrative. Like you are doing here.

Repeating it once for those who missed it isn't a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    It started in January.
    What did? Or is this where you cherry pick data to make a convenient excuse to ignore the massive recovery under Obama in favor of a small increase under Trump?

I'm curious what spin you'll use that'll just be totally obvious to the rest of us.

What other option do you have?

The DNC? Run by feminist radicalism, black and Hispanic supremacism and general anti heterosexual undertones.

Quote Originally Posted by PersephoneDankles View Post
    I'm not surprised.

Even if this whole Russia investigation determines that President Trump did collude with foreign governments to influence the 2016 election, his supporters will still, well, support.

Can't wait to hear their excuses.
    I'm more concerned when Dumbass Dump starts trying to rile them up to form armed anti-government Militas again like they were when he was shouting "If I don't win, the system is RIGGED!" speeches towards the end of the election.

It's one thing to be willfully ignorant. It's another to ACT upon that willful ignorance, especially when it comes to forming armed killing squads of clueless zealots equipped with body armor and assault weapons like the ones that were training if Hillary won...

Choosing not to listen is pretty equal on both sides.

BTW, why wasn't this locked already? Imagine, if you will, a thread labeled "Libtards coping mechanisms are willful ignorance." The title is too click baity. It needs to be a little more neutral minded.
    Because the term Trumpster doesn't have any negative connotation, while libtard implies they're retarded. Apparently a non-insult is equal to an insult. Stay woke and independent though. Your comment here totally doesn't show off your bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..