Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Red face What would Blizzard do after World of Warcaft? - Friendly discussion

What do you guys think blizzard will do after World of warcraft?

A new RPG game? Virtual Reality?

What would be the most likely possibility!?

I honestly think they will work on a new RPG

(Also don't give me this "WoW will never end they have too much material) Just pretend WoW will End someday

World of Diablo please

EOD

Uh, we're already seeing what they are doing after WoW.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    and yet you don't say what it is? Sigh.. bravo... /facepalm x100

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Couse wow is dead right? right? right? like, what, more than my entire country's population are still active, but the game is dead. The most played MMO game of all time and the only one who can keep montly sub no matter what is ... dead.

Come on my server (silvermoon EU) And see what a dead realm is like, you cant get to a quest without people camping it, the groupfinder is full with 30-40 groups all the time.

You are having a dead brain, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Couse wow is dead right? right? right? like, what, more than my entire country's population are still active, but the game is dead. The most played MMO game of all time and the only one who can keep montly sub no matter what is ... dead.

Come on my server (silvermoon EU) And see what a dead realm is like, you cant get to a quest without people camping it, the groupfinder is full with 30-40 groups all the time.

You are having a dead brain, if anything.
    To be fair FFXIV has kept the monthly sub and is still growing... WoW isn't alone in the sub MMORPG space.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    and yet you don't say what it is? Sigh.. bravo... /facepalm x100
    Ehm, Overwatch for example. Or Heroes of the Storm. Or Hearthstone.

A company does not wait until something is completely dead to come up with a replacement/continuation so anything new they have created in recent years can all be said to answer the topics question.

Well Blizzard has released products after the introduction of WoW including the recent Overwatch which is crushing WoW in terms of growth and numbers.

The question becomes does Blizzard attempt to fill the MMO void with another IP or do something else with the Warcraft IP. Is there a big enough interest to return to an RTS of which the devs will try to shove an e-sports aspect to it? Personally I would love a WC4 which in my opinion is a far better method of telling the story.

When WoW will get put on life support could be four years or more from now and a lot can change by then in regards to the market. Do RTS games make a return or a new style of MMOs has yet to be seen.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-05-16 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post

A company does not wait until something is completely dead to come up with a replacement/continuation so anything new they have created in recent years can all be said to answer the topics question.
    Overwatch, HOTS, Hearthstone? Are you stupid or wtf?! OP is asking what Blizzard has in store for us AFTER wow! So simply let +5-10 milliion playerbase go? Hope they would go to Overwatch, HOTS and Hearthstone?

Dude.. wake the fuck up! Jesus fucking christ man! lol..

Warcraft 4, Wow2, Diablo 4, Diablo MMO.. if you think something that would fill the hole of Wow conceptually, these would be your possibilities. Quite unlikely to happen tho

Overwatch, HOTS, Hearthstone? Are you stupid or wtf?! OP is asking what Blizzard has in store for us AFTER wow! So simply let +5-10 milliion playerbase go? Hope they would go to Overwatch, HOTS and Hearthstone?

I thought this was going to be a "friendly" discussion.... but the one who is far from being friendly is the OP

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post

this ^ unless your question is "what will blizzard do with warcraft"

in which case i imagine the first thing we'll get is warcraft 4 (assuming warcraft 4 doesnt come out during wows lifetime) and id imagine they would probably make some form of singleplayer rpg kinda like skyrim or zelda in the warcraft universe and of course there would still be the novels and whatnot.

maybe they could get a studio like netflix or hulu to make a warcraft cartoon.

the warcraft brand will live on after wow thats for sure, it had a strong (albeit smaller) fanbase before wow was even a thing it will continue on afterwards and blizzard has enough multi million brands that they dont even NEED wow atm
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

As people said the three that is obvious. They did just send Chilton over to a new product/IP whatever it will be.

wows had over 100 million players, majority of the people who have played wow HAVE been let go.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wows had over 100 million players, majority of the people who have played wow HAVE been let go.
    Yeah - No

it was wat at it's peak 14 millionen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    What do you guys think blizzard will do after World of warcraft?

A new RPG game? Virtual Reality?

What would be the most likely possibility!?

I honestly think they will work on a new RPG

(Also don't give me this "WoW will never end they have too much material) Just pretend WoW will End someday
    They are doing Diablo, Overwatch, Hots, HS and so on.
    WoW has not been their main cash cow for years.

It'll be a long while befor they try to make another MMO though. Titan didn't work out that well after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    some other MMO i hope, only blizz can make one thats just better/the same as wow have been during the years.

I get what you are trying to say but.. Who are you? Who are YOU to predict such things? Ever heard of newcomers? God forbid new people comes and join the party..

Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    Yeah - No

it was wat at it's peak 14 millionen ?
    12 million subscribers doesnt mean 12 million concurrent subscribers.

and that 100 million number was back in mop, that number is likely much higher now as people even today are continually leaving and trying the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Titan didn't work out that well after all.
    overwatch is doing pretty well actually

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you are trying to say but.. Who are you? Who are YOU to predict such things? Ever heard of newcomers? God forbid new people comes and join the party..
    im not predicting anything. i was stating a fact, the majority of people who have played and/or tried wow nolonger play, theyve moved onto other things.

12 million subscribers doesnt mean 12 million concurrent subscribers.

and that 100 million number was back in mop, that number is likely much higher now as people even today are continually leaving and trying the game.

- - - Updated - - -

overwatch is doing pretty well actually

- - - Updated - - -
    Overwatch is not Titan. They might have used ideas and assets but they are not the same game and the years of dev time spent on Titan was more or less wasted.